“Wonderful place & amazing owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Daisy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kirby
Daisy Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kirby
Chickasha, Oklahoma, United States
“Wonderful place & amazing owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The Owners are simply fantastic. Courteous, very helpful and really show the value to their customers. This place had been remodeled with a Rustic look. Nice clean rooms, small flat screen TV with Direct TV, beds were comfy. My wife and I with our kids stayed here. We are a bi-racial cpl and was treated no different. So I highly recommend staying here if passing through the area...I even recommend take a detour to this place and the beautiful lake. You will not be disappointed.

I highly recommend staying here if traveling through or taking trip to the Diamond Mines.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Marine4life73

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Was needing a break for the week and decided to spend 3 nights at the Daisy Motel. Both my Wife and I love to fish and this looked like a paradise. IT WAS! Wendy and Jerry were great. If you need any thing and don't ask your fault. They bent over backwards to make sure you knew everything available and to help get it. The room was very nice and CLEAN. Will definitely be back! THANKS FOR THE STAY!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bob D
Pryor, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room was very clean and bigger than a standard hotel room. It feels like a small cabin more than a hotel room. The owner has decorated it so it feels extremely homey and comforting. There is NO dvd player in the room like it advertises. The front desk is rarely open which meant no ice for our cooler both mornings before we left. And no extra towels or washcloths for showers before we went to dinner Saturday night. We had to wait until the next day to get the internet password because we arrived late and no one was in the office at 11:30. All in all I would definitely stay here again but next time I would definitely call ahead and have some things put in my room for our stay.

Room Tip: we were in room 7 and it was extremely spacious for our kids to move around in and contained a soft...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica B
daisymotel, Owner at Daisy Motel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I am glad to hear that you were pleased about the size and condition of your room. As you stated in your review, I was not in the lobby when you checked in at midnight on Friday. I am pleased that I was able to arrange for a late check in for you and your family. My house keeper did note that you left a "do not disturb "sign on your door early Saturday before leaving for the day. We would have freshened your room and replaced towels while you were gone had that not been the case. It appears that you may have arrived back at the motel after the lobby closed for the day on Saturday.We are a small country motel and do not staff the motel lobby 24 hours a day but we are always available to the guests. We were on the property Saturday when you returned and would have hand delivered the towels to you if we knew you needed some. Our telephone number is posted on the Motel building in 4 different location along with the information placed in the rooms. We live on the property and will always find a way to help. In addition, our house keeper lives a couple blocks away and is available in the event we need to run into town for something. Ice is in the log room next to the lobby and the door remains unlocked when I have guests on the property. I hope that you return to Lake Greeson and The Daisy Motel. You short 36 hour stay couldn't possibly have been long enough to enjoy this beautiful Lake of ours!!! Have a lovely Summer. Wendy
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Conveniently located on Lake Greeson, this quaint little motel provided us with a nice relaxing stay while in Arkansas digging for diamonds and gems. Our host and owner of the establishment, Wendy, was absolutely wonderful! I doubt one could find a more gracious host in the entire state of Arkansas.
The motel was exactly as described and pictured on the website. It was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Both of our rooms had the standard amenities, mini-fridge, coffee maker, microwave, and flat screen TV with Direct TV. Not that we needed them, but there was no hair dryer or ironing board and iron. I’m sure though, that if we would have needed anything like that, Wendy would have definitely gone out of her way to accommodate us. The deluxe room with a king sized bed also had a nice little sitting area with two chairs and coffee table to relax in after a long day of fruitless diamond hunting. Within walking distance of the motel is a nice little restaurant with excellent food at reasonable prices.
The only drawback I could find with our stay here was that although we were out of the hustle and bustle of the city, we had quite a drive to get anything we needed after 2:00pm or so when the restaurant closed. Just make sure you bring all necessary supplies with you; food, drinks, etc., and fill up with fuel before you get there and you’ll be fine. I believe there is a marina nearby with some food and other items, but since we did not go there I cannot comment on the proximity of it to the motel or their hours of operation.

As a side note …
If you are staying here as part of a fishing trip, I HIGHLY recommend acquiring a fishing guide. Although fishing wasn’t the main intent of our trip, we did take our gear and figured we’d give it a shot. During our stay, we tried fishing three different areas of Lake Greeson and had very little success. Over the course of three days and during different times of the day, the four of us only managed to land a half-dozen pan fish averaging about 3 inches long, and one largemouth bass approximately 6 inches long. We’ve already discussed returning and doing it right next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Evilar
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was traveling alone through Arkansas, it was after dark, and I passed the only lit up area I had seen. It was so inviting...I stopped and within 10 minutes, Wendy had me in my room. It was so cute, clean, cozy, and quiet....I decided to stay another night. Who sleeps well when traveling? I usually don't, but the bed, the mattress was more comfortable than mine at home! I slept so well. A little restaurant, 500 yds. down the road was convenient and good...and big, beautiful Lake Greeson State Park is within walking distance. I really enjoyed my stay here...I wasn't successful at the Diamond Crater...but, I did find a gem when I chose The Daisy Motel. Wendy, the owner, is so nice and helpful. We chatted before I headed out...about dogs, mostly, both of us dog lovers. I not only found a great motel...I found a friend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DianneC61
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very comfortable , spent three days touring the area . Rooms have been remodeled with a fishermen's theme . Has regular coffee pot small fridge and microwave . This is more the the fishermen and woman out in the country away from everything nearest town is 13 miles , a local restaurant is near by if you want greasy food .

Logging trucks are always on the road so road noise is a issue.

If I came back to this Area I would stay in Murfreesboro or Nashville .

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Rose, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this little secret treasure! We loved it so much we stayed another night. Like a cabin more than a motel room. The park (Daisy State Park) is right next to it maybe a 100 feet??? What a beautiful park too I might add. Very warm and welcoming and we'd definitely stay again if we end up that way. Highly recommend to those who like the cabin feel with a rustic ambiance. Very peaceful. A+++++

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirby
Diamond John's Riverside Retreat
Ouachita Mountain Inn
Ouachita Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Glenwood
Glenwood Golf Course and Resort

Been to Daisy Motel? Share your experiences!