“We liked the Daisy Motel!”
Review of Daisy Motel

and 1 more site!
Daisy Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kirby
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here a few nights during spring break while digging for diamonds at the state park. Everything was clean, everything worked really good (even the remote controls for the air conditioner and tv!), and the room we stayed in had a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, several different lamps, and AC plug-ins by the beds, which I don't know about you but I'm tired of paying $150 - 200 a night for those fancy hotel rooms, and have to unplug lamps just to charge your cell phone. Also, there was plenty of coffee, sugar, creamer, cups, etc...to enjoy coffee in the room when you wake up.
The bed was big and comfortable, and when we stayed it was in the 30's and 40's outside, but inside the room it was nice and comfortable. The TV was new, pretty big 32", and had lots of channels. The owner gave us all sorts of ideas of things to do in the local area. There is plenty to do in the area, and several different restaurants within short drives; we got mcdonalds lattes a few times :).
The Daisy Motel is in a beautiful section of Arkansas. The crystal mines, the diamond mine, fishing, water sports, scenic drives, restaurants, are all close and nearby. We have Sprint cell phones and we had good extended coverage throughout our stay in Arkansas. The room was quiet all night. We will come again next year for another round of searching for diamonds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Israel M

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before a backpacking trip. The owner was exceptionally nice! Rooms were basic but clean and nicely decorated. It was very convenient to have a coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator in the room. Yes we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Gohikingnow
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband, son, friends of ours and I stayed there this month and absolutely loved it. My step-daughter was getting married at the cosatot and we couldn't find some place to stay. My husband found this motel online. I was a little skeptical because the price was so low. But as soon as we pulled up and I saw the log cabin siding I knew he made a great choice. We had two rooms. One had two queen beds the other a king. Rooms were clean and very quiet. Hope to make it down that way again and stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacy T
Reviewed August 14, 2012

cute little motel that is an excellent place to get off the grid. if you want to get away from it all. they have Wi-Fi, but in order to use it you must be close to the front desk area. the further away your room is, the less likely you'll get on the web. i didn't have any cell coverage (t-mobile) so no phones worked. but they had one in the room had i needed one. it was exactly what we needed.
We went to hunt diamonds and get away from our hectic lives, and this place fit the bill.
next time we're down that way, i know where I'm staying.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeremy A
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We only had the opportuinty to stay here one night(regretfully), but loved it. It's an adorable newly redone drive up to your door motel. Very clean with all the ammenities. Owner is SUPER friendly and was very helpful with local restaurant and tourist information.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B_paJudy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

WOW! I was a little skeptical of a $60.00 motel room. We stayed in cabin #1 ... the Mayberry room. I fell in love with it immediately. It was small but very clean. The other cabins in this motel are larger. We had been there about 30 minutes when the owner, Wendy, came down to see if everything was to our satisfaction. She made us feel like family and made us feel so comfortable. I plan on returning soon...I would absolutely recommend this hotel ... if you like the at home atmosphere! Job well done, Wendy!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Becky J
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I took a trip for my birthday just last weekend. We went to dig diamonds in Murfreesboro. I didn't like the reviews on the hotels there so I extended my search. All the reviews said great things about the Daisy Motel and they were right. We were driving in from Tulsa and we weren't going to be there till close to midnight so I called and they let me know what room I was in (5) and that they would unlock the door for us. The room was absolutely adorable. We had gotten one of their $59 rooms and I was so happy with it. It was nice having the fridge and microwave and they also had a menu for a place to get breakfast in Kirby. The bathroom was nice as well. Shower was large enough that my husband and I both had plenty of elbow room (we are both 6' and it can be a problem). If someone was really picky they might complain about the cobwebs but overall I loved it and I would stay again anytime I went down that way.

• Stayed: June 2012

Been to Daisy Motel? Share your experiences!