“Great place to get off the grid”
Review of Daisy Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kirby
Daisy Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kirby
Reviewed August 14, 2012

cute little motel that is an excellent place to get off the grid. if you want to get away from it all. they have Wi-Fi, but in order to use it you must be close to the front desk area. the further away your room is, the less likely you'll get on the web. i didn't have any cell coverage (t-mobile) so no phones worked. but they had one in the room had i needed one. it was exactly what we needed.
We went to hunt diamonds and get away from our hectic lives, and this place fit the bill.
next time we're down that way, i know where I'm staying.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeremy A

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We only had the opportuinty to stay here one night(regretfully), but loved it. It's an adorable newly redone drive up to your door motel. Very clean with all the ammenities. Owner is SUPER friendly and was very helpful with local restaurant and tourist information.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B_paJudy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

WOW! I was a little skeptical of a $60.00 motel room. We stayed in cabin #1 ... the Mayberry room. I fell in love with it immediately. It was small but very clean. The other cabins in this motel are larger. We had been there about 30 minutes when the owner, Wendy, came down to see if everything was to our satisfaction. She made us feel like family and made us feel so comfortable. I plan on returning soon...I would absolutely recommend this hotel ... if you like the at home atmosphere! Job well done, Wendy!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Becky J
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I took a trip for my birthday just last weekend. We went to dig diamonds in Murfreesboro. I didn't like the reviews on the hotels there so I extended my search. All the reviews said great things about the Daisy Motel and they were right. We were driving in from Tulsa and we weren't going to be there till close to midnight so I called and they let me know what room I was in (5) and that they would unlock the door for us. The room was absolutely adorable. We had gotten one of their $59 rooms and I was so happy with it. It was nice having the fridge and microwave and they also had a menu for a place to get breakfast in Kirby. The bathroom was nice as well. Shower was large enough that my husband and I both had plenty of elbow room (we are both 6' and it can be a problem). If someone was really picky they might complain about the cobwebs but overall I loved it and I would stay again anytime I went down that way.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have stayed her several times in the last couple of years. We were so happy because it was like our little secret. Unfortunately the secret is out and we didn't get to stay on our last visit to Lake Greeson. Don and Wendy were so nice when we met them, just great people. They have done a fabulous job of renovating the place. The last time we stayed they were replacing the air conditioners and ours wasn't working well. Don worked all day to get it up and running for us. They may not be from the South, but you would never know it. I've got to start calling earlier, I missed our little diamond in the rough!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending an event at Daisy State Park. Rooms are very nicely decorated and comfortable. We had a room with two queen beds and a small table with stools. Plenty of room for two of us, but it might be a little cramped for more than two. Room was very quiet, didn't hear any outside noise. Owners are very friendly. They showed a movie outside on Friday and Saturday. Only downside was a small bathroom with very low water pressure in the shower. Price is very reasonable and we would stay here again.

Ate at a restaurant with no name about 400 feet down the road based on recommendation of the owner. Food was good and service fast and friendly. They have a Tilapia special on weekends that was excellent, and catfish was very good also. They brag on their steak, but it was rather plain.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
daisymotel, Owner at Daisy Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you so much for the nice review. We checked the shower head in your bathroom and replaced it promply. The water pressure is wonderful and back to normal. Don and I hope to see you back at the lake soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I want to start out by saying that my husband and I have different strategies for picking places to stay on our travels. My husband likes to stay at little roadside motels for their convenience and price (but they often are not very clean or modern) and I prefer the larger hotel chains, (because there is usually some consistency in cleanliness and comfort.) I did a lot of research before traveling to the Daisy/Kirby area, and I kept coming back to the Daisy Motel website. I decided that we should give it a try. The rooms were immaculate, and smelled clean and fresh. The owners, Don and Wendy, have recently renovated the entire motel, and have a strict no smoking/ no pet policy. Don and Wendy have done a wonderful job of decorating the rooms and they are really charming. There is a different theme for each room. It is obvious that they take a lot of pride in their motel. The beds are new and are some of the most comfortable hotel/motel beds we have ever slept in. The cost of staying at the Daisy Motel is extremely reasonable. Don and Wendy are really nice people who want their guests to enjoy their stay. They are so helpful and accommodating. Don told us that they show movies and serve popcorn and hot dogs outdoors on the weekends in the summertime. The Daisy Motel is in a great location for travelers planning to visit both the Crater of the Diamonds, and search for quartz crystals at Mt. Ida. We're planning on returning to the area in the fall, and will definitely book a room at the Daisy Motel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirby
Little Shamrock Motel
Little Shamrock Motel
#2 of 2 in Murfreesboro
Diamond John's Riverside Retreat
Self Creek Lodge & Marina

Been to Daisy Motel? Share your experiences!