“Really was great! Really!”

Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Sosua
Lake Worth, Florida
“Really was great! Really!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It's 1.5 blocks away from the night life and you don't hear a sound of it. Centrally located, very well maintained, and excellent staff. I will always stay here when in Sosua. Got the feeling they book full so might be tough at last minute.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Adam B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 16, 2012

First stop here and this place lived up to the TripAdvisor hype. From the terrific staff, to the nice/clean accommodations, to the excellent cuisine....this place has it figured out! Well deserving of all these excellent reviews on here.

Casa Valeria maintains a high level of class so this place is great for families, couples and singles. For the 'downtown' area, you won't find a more peaceful place to stay. If you book here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joshua B
Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great place, close to everything,.still away from the noisy night life. 5 min walk to the beach and super market. Frank gave us great service and good advice of what to do and not to do. Would definitely stay there again .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SuecoLibre
NC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very nice hotel and good location if you like being in the middle of everything. Inside is a very comfortable setup and everyone is great. Very good Rest. It is a little expensive compared to what you can find for the same money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank PMBINAX
Powell, Tennessee
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. This place is fantastico. Let me start at the top. This was a first trip to the DR for my partner John and I. From the first initial contact making reservations until we checked out everyone was great. I cannot emphasize this enough! The staff are wonderful and make you feel like part of the family. Frank is a new friend who we immediately bonded with. He has traveled the world and can make anyone feel at home. Mucho thanks to all the girls as well-I don't want to name them all but they were all fabulous from the hskeepers to the restaurant to the front desk. Hats off to Arien and Diana(owners) for maintaining such a great hotel. The price is certainly a bargain. And speaking of maintenance, there was a little pool maintenance going on half way through our stay....we really didn't care as we are there for the beautiful beaches but Arien presented us with a free two night stay just to make up for the trouble. I could write more but I'm out of space. Email if you have questions=michaelks@tds.net. Again, thank you Casa Valeria. Mike and John, hope to see you soon. Our new home in Sosua, El Batey, DR

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be great, we looked at three. Only one is second level but is great if you want a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2012

recently stayed for the 1st time at this hotel and the experience was great!!! great location and the restaurant as well has fantastic food. Frank the manager is very accomodating!! and informative!! When i was doing my wander around town I also discovered another restaurant that was such a great find!! DRACULA Restaurant and bar!! great food ,service and prices i will return to Sosua, Casa Valeria and Dracula Restaurant!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank blacklele
Bronx, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have worked in five different hotels in19 years. In the past eight years traveling to Sosua I have stayed in four different hotels and Casa Valeria is at the top of my list. I stayed for seven days at Casa Valeria in June 2012. I like Casa Valeria because the room rate is reasonable, the staff is friendly, the hotel is in walking distance to the main strip and the beach, and the rooms are very close to the pool. I didn’t have to walk a long distance to my room and no steps to climb. The rooms are quiet and located away from the street. I was traveling with three other guys that stayed in Casa Valeria and they had no complaints. The rooms were cleaned daily and we received a fresh clean towel everyday. My only complainant is the refrigerator in my room barely worked. The guy at the front desk turned the fridge temperature up and it never stayed cold, but overall I enjoyed my stay at Casa Valeria.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends