“Bueno!”

Ranked #3 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Sosua
Providenciales
“Bueno!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at casa linda for 4 nights, villa 626b. Staff was just ok. Security is very tight all around night and day so you feel very safe.Housekeeping came every day to make beds and change towels. kitchen is fully equipped just be careful not to break anything or lose any towels as they do a checklist at check out time and count all towels and cutlery and check all items in the kitchen.Pool attendant comes every day to make sure pool is clean. The electricity kept going out not sure if that was a problem at the villa or in the country. If you need a taxi be sure to ask for Rafael he was very patient.Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SunandSeatci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just read coolmr review of villa 19.His review is pretty accurate,but there is new owner who is in the process of completely renovating this villa.Probably wont be completed until the end of 2014.One thing I didn't like was the hot water runs out too fast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank CalgaryFlame661
Phyllis P, Manager at Residencial Casa Linda, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes, you are correct that this villa is being upgraded. However, the new owner and we decided it best to remove it from the rental program during this process. We have new luxury villas coming into the rental program in our Phase 7..... to be announced soon.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Staying at Casa Linda was great. The people were friendly, the pool was nice and it felt like a real community! I felt safe and the security was really good as well as the housekeepers. The cab rides were easy to get and cheap. Sousa beach is probably the worlds best kept secret. I cant wait to go again at the end of June!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tasha r
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is my third stay in Villa 636 in the Dominican Republic and as evidenced by my continued returns this property and the managing team are superb, the location is great between sosua and caberete, the security is something out've the movie Mission Impossible and the staff both managerial and wait staff are phenomenal, if you don't like sexy pools, intimate jacuzzi and a loft style bar in back then perhaps a psychlogist is in order for you because in one word this place is sublime !!!! I give it 5 stars, if the rate scale were higher I'd give it 6 stars !!!!! The Don /RC

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ron C
Naples, FL
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just returned from a one week stay with my husband and three other couples. We had villa #637 - a four bedroom, 3 1/2 bath villa. The villa itself was very nice with rooms surrounding a beautiful swimming pool. The pool was the best feature of the house and had a nice shaded sitting area. The master bedroom had a king bed and large bathroom. One side building had a bedroom with a queen bed and a bathroom and the other side building had two bedrooms with queen beds and one bathroom. The bathrooms in the side buildings each had an outside entrance. Each bedroom had it's own air conditioner but there was no air conditioning in the kitchen, dining room, living room or bathrooms. The beds were comfortable but didn't have mattress pads, something we're not used to. I really hated to think what might have been on the mattress without some protection! This villa had the feeling that it belonged to someone who was using it for investment purposes and didn't really care how it was maintained beyond the basics. Our problems stemmed from the lack of hot water, towels, kitchen supplies and transportation. I had 5 minutes of hot water in the shower in a one week stay and my husband only got lukewarm water for about 2 minutes. And I'm not kidding! At least we had water pressure in our shower even though it was always cold. Another couple had hot water but never got any pressure so their shower just dripped. And the towel situation was a real treat. We had two bath towels, one hand towel and one washcloth in our room when we got there. After the first day when housekeeping changed the towels we had one bath towel each, one hand towel to share between 4 people and never saw another washcloth until I begged for some on our next to last day. They never replaced any hand towels in the half bath by the kitchen either so we just drip dried. Toilet paper was another issue. One roll of paper for 4 people sharing a bathroom??? I finally hid an emergency roll so we'd have one when we ran out. We had 4 couples (8 people) sharing the villa but only had 5 forks, 6 knives and an assorted number of other cheap utensils. The toaster only worked on one side and the bbq's deflector shields were rusted in half so you couldn't use them. The guys tried to bbq sausages one night and it was like cooking over an open flame with no control. They don't tell you that you have nothing to start with when you get there. We expected at least the minimum needed until we could get to a store - dish soap, paper towels, etc. We had nothing. I've stayed in places before and there's always been the basics to get you started. We had to hire a driver to take us back to the store for so many of these items. That was another problem. Lack of transportation. You can't walk to a store. We hired a driver to take us places and then would have him stop at the grocery store so we could pick up things we needed. There are no restaurants anywhere near either. The morning that we left someone from housekeeping came by with a checklist and started going through the drawers and cabinets to see if everything was still there. It made us feel like we were thieves. We would never come back here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank meech33
Phyllis P, Manager at Residencial Casa Linda, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Each villa in the Casa Linda complex is individually-owned. The Casa Linda rental management department provides an inventory standards list, required in each villa we rent on their behalf. We have spoken with the owner who was disenchanted to learn that the inventory was not top notch and we have worked with housekeeping to make certain that sufficient supplies are indeed available to renters of this villa and all the others that we manage. We thank the guests for bringing this to our attention so that we had the opportunity to improve.
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice a year for the past three years. The location is great. A short drive to Caberete and Sosua beaches. Close to POP airport and attractions. Villas are reasonably priced. Much better and more comfortable that a hotel room, private pool and full kitchen make all the difference in the world.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank wddj
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

During my recent visit to Sosua, Dominican Republic I decided to stay one night at Residencia Casa Linda, I am used to staying in All Inclusive property but due to the number of people in our party we decided to go for a villa, I have to admit that I don't believe I will be staying at an All Inclusive property next time I visit Sosua, I will drive right back to Residencial Casa Linda. I really felt at home and the luxury of our villa was unbeatable for the price, we even had an Xbox for the kids to play at night after spending the day at the pool and the Jacuzzi. We reserve the Four bedroom villa ultima and it was just perfect, the rooms are separated by the pool so every adult has its own privacy. I loved the staff, Alexander was wonderful and willing to answer any questions we had. I felt safe with all the security they have. I can't wait to stay at Residencial Casa Linda again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family