“Had a relaxing time”

Residencial Casa Linda
Ranked #3 of 40 Specialty Lodging in Sosua
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Residencial Casa Linda. Each time, I stay at a different house and they all have their own unique feel. Edwin and Chris both are there to handle any concerns and ensure a speedy check-in and check-out. All the amenities make Casa Linda the perfect blend of resort quality treatment and condo freedom wrapped into a secure villa community. The older I get the more I appreciate quality and excellent customer service. Through every phase of living, as a single traveler, honeymooner or family of three, Casa Linda provides ultimate vacation accomodations for all your needs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Residencial Casa Linda

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in villa 58 at Casa Linda for a week at the start of November 2012. I had a blast, this is truely a wonderful place to stay and the the north coast of the DR is a wonderful place to vacation! The location of casa linda is pretty good because it is only a 15 minute drive from the airport and a 2 minute drive into the town of sosua. Cabarete only took us 10-15 minutes to drive to as well if I remember correctly. Because of this, taxi rides are inexpensive from the "resort" although we rented a car from day two onwards, just be prepared to drive defensively and remember the rule of the road is the bigger vehicle has the right of way! Villa 58 was a great place to stay, we were right at home. It appears to have been painted more recently than some of the other villas, the rooms are large and each have their own bathroom, there is a huge patio out back that is right on the pool. The two upstairs rooms have sliding glass doors that open right onto the patio, and one from the main area as well. The house has a really good layout as each of the bedrooms is nice and private from the others as they are all seperated by at least one other room, and the main living area has a good sized dining table and a nice TV area with really high quality couches to sit on. I loved the tropical colors of the cusions! All of the rooms have their own air conditioning unit! The Third bedroom is downstairs and out of the way but has its own couch and table area, its almost like being in a seperate house which is nice (pictures on the casa linda website are out of date, I wish I had remembered to take some!) The kitchen was basic but had everything we needed and the fridge was large enough for plenty of food and drinks! the grocery store (supermercado) is right on the main road as you get into sosua and has everything you could ever want for food from north america or europe including a deli and great bakery! and they have alcohol from all over the world as well at pretty good prices! The pool is a good size and the yard was very well maintained, both were top notch so kudos to the gardener Mario! It was neat to have a coconut tree growing right beside the pool! there was also a mango and papaya tree in the yard, and a neat hedge that had hibiscus flowers growing in it! along with many other tropical plants I did not recognize but completed the feel. Overall I think that Villa 58 at Casa Linda was great value and I will be back again with my family next year for sure! We had a great time and hosted friends that were staying at an all inclusive and I don't think we or they will ever go back to the big resorts. Once we brought them over, they came back every day! You get such great privacy and a real "home away from home" feel staying here! And I don't know about other posters complaining of not having fun, we were up late into the night having a good time (I learned how to play beer pong from mine and my friends kids, what a game!) with music playing pretty loud, but keep the loud stuff in the house after dark! thats just courtesy. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Villa 58 was amazing value and was very clean and well kept! A great place for a family or friends a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank nick b
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Staying at Casa Linda is like home away from home. I really can't think of another place to stay but there when I am visiting Sosua. And it is always a little depressing when I have to leave and return home.

Room Tip: The more distance inside the complex the better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kasiem g
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Beautiful villa, very clean, excellent customer service. We had an issue with hot water we called the office and the technician arrived with 15 minutes and had it fixed. Definitely worth paying extra for the new villas. I highly recommend Casa Linda!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank lovethesun010
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Below are my pros and cons, but overall, I would never stay here again. I am a 30 year old male, traveling with 5 other guy friends around my age. We stayed here in June for 7 nights, we had 2 villas. Unless you're old, make no noise and stay inside the whole time...this isn't the place for you. To the main strip in Sosua from Casa Linda is a 300pesos ($8) taxi one-way ride.

Pros:
-Lots of security who are very friendly and make you feel real safe
-Each villa has its own pool
-They offer rentals cars, which you need if you stay here. Its a 5-10 min drive to downtown Sosua
-AC (but in bedrooms only, not kitchen or living room)
-The place was very clean and has daily maid service
-Everything is very new and updated

Cons:
-Pool kept breaking and draining behind our house, pool light would come on when it felt like it
-WiFi barley worked, luckily we had a radio engineer in our group who went into the DNS settings and fixed it
-Beds were rock hard
-We never had enough hot water...the first person to shower would have enough hot water to wash his hair and then it went cold...everyday for the whole trip
-Some of the villas here are owned and people live in them full-time, if you plan on making any noise, you will get yelled at. 3 warnings = kicked out
-If you called the office to get something fixed, it was always the same answer "maybe we'll fix it tomorrow" - and then it was never fixed
-All of the rooms wrap around the pool, so if one person wants to sleep early you will hear everything happening right outside your sliding glass door

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank Travel2956
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have been staying at Residencial Caslinda 4 times a year for 10 years. Overall good experience, in the last 2 years they have changed Rental managers to a gut by the name of Chris who is certainly not customer friendly just about making a profit for the complex. Paid in advance for 4 nites, arrived as scheduled and told them had to leave a day earlier and could I get a refund or a credit of a day on a future stay. No you just loose your money. Chris the manager explained there Cancellation policy, I told him that I did not cancel I need to leave a day earlier. Sorry you loose. Villa 19 is old, Air Condition in one room did not work, advised staff and they sent tech over to service, he stayed 5 min said he was going to check back in 30 minutes to see if it was cooling he never returned. Wifi didn't work advised staff they sent over tech, he told me he was sorry there was nothing he could do please use complex Wi fi which was slow because of distance to the router. Maid came in the first morning and accused me and my guest of stealing a towel and she was going to report it to management. How many people count the towels when you check in? I should have ask for full refund, Chris is the problem, it's gotten bad since he arrived onsite. My recommendation STAY AWAY at all cost. CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS. Ed

Room Tip: Stay away your business is not appreciated
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
14  Thank coolemr
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Location, location, location. Went there with 7 other guys for our annual man-cation. Six guys stayed in villa #631 and two in villa #622. Villa #631 is currently the only 6 bedroom villa available rent, and the guys absolutely loved it. Each room has a private bathroom and self controlled wall AC unit attached in it. Plus the pool is in the middle where it makes a great meeting and gathering spot for you and your guest for dinner or barbecues. Both villas were cleaned upon arrival and were cleaned daily during our stay of May 24 to 28. I believe the icing on the cake for a vacation is the staff that works there, and I must say the staff at Casa Linda went out of their way to accommodate 8 different preferences. I am sure Edwin was happy to see that we finally were there. Amanda was super informative about our zip lining excursion. Chris went out his way to allow a small pool party to happen at villa 631. If I had to pick one thing that I liked the most about casa Linda beside the location of course, hands down, it would be the security. All in all, the staff, the location, and the security makes casa Linda a must return or a must book when in the area. Now you may wonder why I did not give them an excellent rating. I think that there should be a restaurant on sight, which they are working on. Plus some of the roads where the two villas that we rented were not paved, but I am sure that is due to the on going construction.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends