“perfect hotel for single guy's or a group of friends like us”

Hotel Voramar Sosua
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Sosua
holland
“perfect hotel for single guy's or a group of friends like us”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

second time i try to write a review now!
perfect hotel for us we where with a small group of guy's some single some not.
this hotel has everything a good pool a nice bar with beautifull waitresses (important) hahahathe hotel is a bit out of the centre of the village but you can rent a scooter at the hotel or the manager will help you get one.
we had a perfect stay we went on a trike tour and a boat trip,like i said perfect stay!!!
what does a man want more............... it's selling itself as a single hotel so you can take in your new girlfriend toooo
we will be coming back and probably with a few more guy's
special thanks too henk the dutch manager!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank sosuavoramar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
jofredri2
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I stayed in the hotel voramar from 1-30-2009 to 2-6-2009 it was the worst hotel experience of my life. The hotel is too far from town you need to rent a scooter to get around, i rented one from the hotel for $120 for the week the battery was shot so i had to kick start it every time, i told them and they did not care. There is no security. my room was robbed while i was sleeping all my clothes and my shoes and toothpase were stolen and $150. The night watchman is the night sleepman he sleeps on duty. After the robbery i was given another room the bathroom cieling fell dowm at 6am and management did not want to hear about it so early. One more thing they gave me a fake police report saying my stuff was stolen fron a bus

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — no security i was robbed in my room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
8 Thank jofredri2
Maryland
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I was at this wonderful hotel from July 21 to 28, 2008. At first I was a little bit hesitant but after calling and speaking with Joe and after a few email exchanges with him, I felt very comfortable. I also trusted the reviews about the hotel since this was not only my first time to DR but I was ALSO traveling "solo". When I arrived, the checkin processs was a breeze, I ws first put in a room and then, Joe remembered that Wi-Fi signal was very important for me, he made me switch room to be closer to the Wi-Fi source. The personel is Great, helpful and extremely friendly!!!!. The hotel is clean, well maintained but the food is not very good, I advise you to eat outside either at Morua Mai or la Roca. Security is very good and Pedro the night guard is very nice. The chicas are pretty but be careful, Dominican girls talk too much, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH ONE CHICA, have fun and move on, they all try to make you their "man" for your stay, DO NOT get caught in that game!!!, make it clear to the chic that you are there for fun!!!!
BACK to the hotel, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT TO SINGLES AND OTHER FIRST TIMERS.

• Liked — Personel Friendliness
  • Disliked — Remote location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Harmattan69
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2008

My husband and I spent 3 days, 2 nights at this hotel. It has a pool and tennis court, restaurant and bar. Very nicely laid out and very nicely decorated. Very cozy and friendly as it is a small hotel. We were there Wednesday thru Friday. The restaurant was closed on Wednesday so we had to order food to be delivered. Thursday, the restaurant was open at 4pm so we had to walk about a mile to the nearest restaurant for lunch. For dinner, the food was very good at the hotel restaurant. It was probably a 3 mile walk from Sosua beach, you can also take a motorcycle taxi. The beds were too hard for us so we didn't sleep well. They did not have hot water for showers and the power would go off occasionally. They do have a generator that would get things going again, usually within a half hour or so. Spanish is best for communication, not a lot of English speakers. Nice place if you just want to hang out at the pool and bar for a day or two but there were just more inconveniences than we preferred. The overall ambience was better suited to the men who hung around the hotel during the day looking for a good time with the local girls, who all seemed to show up at the bar at night.

• Liked — Layout and decor
  • Disliked — Ambience
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank DRdiver
Tampa, FL
Reviewed January 22, 2008

I stayed at the Voramar for 6 nights and really enjoyed it and I'm going back in 2 weeks. The security at this hotel is very solid, which is vital as a traveling single man, with guests. The bartenders are very cute and the bar is open 24 hours. The maids clean your room every day. Henk and Harold(owners/managers) makes sure that all guest are satisfied. It's a very cozy and comfortable hotel. The food is good too and it's a very short cab/moto to the town/beach. And it's very close to a quaint little casino.

JD

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank scorpindeptampa
Makati,Philippines
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I stayed at Hotel Voramar Sosua this June. I was only going to stay a night or two nights, but as time passed I extended and felt overall it was a best bet for my needs after checking other hotels. As a sole traveler, I found the hotel to be very compatible to my needs and as someone who travels often I found it to be more than just a stop on a vacation. The room was large enough and comfortable with a safe deposit box, which I think is a must when traveling. They have internet connection thru wi-fi that was almost constant with little interruptions. This was very important to me as I had work to do as I traveled and needed to stay in touch with associates. Hotel has a nice pool, not a huge pool, but good size for a swim. Rooms are cleaned daily, towels are changed daily and air condition worked fine once fixed (went out after first night). I don’t recall having hot water, but I did not really mind as water temp. was fine with me. The manager, Henk, is also one of the owners and he is always around to address needs of guests, which is better than most hotels where management has a hands off approach. When my air conditioner went off, they got it fixed right away. There are drawbacks; hotel is about a mile from Sosua beach and the night life. You need to take a motorcycle taxi ride, about one US Dollar to get there or back. Even though hotel serves a basic European style breakfast buffet consisting of various cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, breads and eggs, which is just fine with me; there is not much on the rest of the menu for the rest of the day so keep snacks handy or be prepared to head into Sosua to eat. Staff was friendly enough and readily available when called upon. You can rent a motorcyle or car if you wish from hotel and Casino is very close. Learn basic Spanish, as few at hotel or in Sosua speak English. I would stay there again for sure when I am in the Dominican Republic again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank catchulater
New York
Reviewed January 22, 2007

I went here on vacation with my wife. It was o.k. because we were only in Sosua a few days. I would reccommend the place to single men who want some fun. We saw mainly couples consisting of older European (or American) men with younger local women. You figure it out. There were a group of German tourists as well, who looked like they all troop around on a tour bus. I wouldn't bring my kids here, but adults or couples would be fine. Pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. Our room had a nice terrace and for the money it was really o.k. Food was o.k., service was awful by NYC standards, average by D.R. standards. Too far from the beach, but you can soak up local color by walking or taxiing there. We had fun there overall, but felt the need to move on to other parts of the island.

Stayed March 2003