“Paraiso Paraiso!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sosua
Vancouver, Canada
“Paraiso Paraiso!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Have been staying in Voramar 10 days this past month and was not desapointed at all. Henke the owner makes the difference. He is always ready to help and does not show any money oriented behaviours! The rooms are clean and you get to have hot water, Delicious food and staff running the bar. It is true that downtown is not next to the hotel but in a town where you have only two streets the trip is very short to find yourself straight into the action at night... Besides to have a calm place in sosua is the perfect compromise, a deep breath before going back into the WILD! Will be back without any hesitations! Bravo henke!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Lafripe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nassau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

12 friends and myself booked this hotel for our annual "boys trip", April 1st-6th, 2010. We were met at the airport by Henk, the Manager, and transported to the hotel, 10-15 mins away. The rooms - all individual - were clean, light and cool, and cleaned every day. The pool bar and pool was a perfect place to hang out and meet, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Henk was willing to do anything possible for us. One of our party had a birthday and Henk laid on a special BBQ for him and even arranged a birthday cake for him at short notice on an Easter weekend. He also organized a bus, with a driver, for the entire stay which saved us the cost and hassle of having to hire cars and drive ourselves. The driver was on call, literally 24-hrs per day. Anything we wanted, e.g. pizza delivered, recommendations on restaurants, night life, etc. and Henk was right there with it.
Sosua - a 2-3 min ride from the hotel - is a quaint town, which was very active during our stay. Cabarete and Puerto Plata, which are both bigger places and offer even livelier scenes are only a fairly short ride away.
For the price of the rooms, the place was way beyond our expectations and we all agreed that in comparison with earlier "boys trips" the accommodation was outstanding.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Nassau-Rugby
Santa Domingo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

In Junuary 2010 I have been in Sosua and I stayed in Voramar. A great hotel for singles. The rooms are nice and clean. there is a good bar with beautiful waitresses and the kitchen is open again - good food for a good price. The manager is very helpfull and investing in the place. We had a great bbq night. In this hotel you can take a local girl and have fun in private. The hotel is the only place I would leave my laptop alone for a while. Only guests and their girls can come in. The staff is very friendly. Concluding, a great, clean and save place to enjoy your single-vacation!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank HappySmiler
holland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2009

second time i try to write a review now!
perfect hotel for us we where with a small group of guy's some single some not.
this hotel has everything a good pool a nice bar with beautifull waitresses (important) hahahathe hotel is a bit out of the centre of the village but you can rent a scooter at the hotel or the manager will help you get one.
we had a perfect stay we went on a trike tour and a boat trip,like i said perfect stay!!!
what does a man want more............... it's selling itself as a single hotel so you can take in your new girlfriend toooo
we will be coming back and probably with a few more guy's
special thanks too henk the dutch manager!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank sosuavoramar
jofredri2
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

I stayed in the hotel voramar from 1-30-2009 to 2-6-2009 it was the worst hotel experience of my life. The hotel is too far from town you need to rent a scooter to get around, i rented one from the hotel for $120 for the week the battery was shot so i had to kick start it every time, i told them and they did not care. There is no security. my room was robbed while i was sleeping all my clothes and my shoes and toothpase were stolen and $150. The night watchman is the night sleepman he sleeps on duty. After the robbery i was given another room the bathroom cieling fell dowm at 6am and management did not want to hear about it so early. One more thing they gave me a fake police report saying my stuff was stolen fron a bus

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — no security i was robbed in my room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank jofredri2
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

I was at this wonderful hotel from July 21 to 28, 2008. At first I was a little bit hesitant but after calling and speaking with Joe and after a few email exchanges with him, I felt very comfortable. I also trusted the reviews about the hotel since this was not only my first time to DR but I was ALSO traveling "solo". When I arrived, the checkin processs was a breeze, I ws first put in a room and then, Joe remembered that Wi-Fi signal was very important for me, he made me switch room to be closer to the Wi-Fi source. The personel is Great, helpful and extremely friendly!!!!. The hotel is clean, well maintained but the food is not very good, I advise you to eat outside either at Morua Mai or la Roca. Security is very good and Pedro the night guard is very nice. The chicas are pretty but be careful, Dominican girls talk too much, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH ONE CHICA, have fun and move on, they all try to make you their "man" for your stay, DO NOT get caught in that game!!!, make it clear to the chic that you are there for fun!!!!
BACK to the hotel, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT TO SINGLES AND OTHER FIRST TIMERS.

• Liked — Personel Friendliness
  • Disliked — Remote location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Harmattan69
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

My husband and I spent 3 days, 2 nights at this hotel. It has a pool and tennis court, restaurant and bar. Very nicely laid out and very nicely decorated. Very cozy and friendly as it is a small hotel. We were there Wednesday thru Friday. The restaurant was closed on Wednesday so we had to order food to be delivered. Thursday, the restaurant was open at 4pm so we had to walk about a mile to the nearest restaurant for lunch. For dinner, the food was very good at the hotel restaurant. It was probably a 3 mile walk from Sosua beach, you can also take a motorcycle taxi. The beds were too hard for us so we didn't sleep well. They did not have hot water for showers and the power would go off occasionally. They do have a generator that would get things going again, usually within a half hour or so. Spanish is best for communication, not a lot of English speakers. Nice place if you just want to hang out at the pool and bar for a day or two but there were just more inconveniences than we preferred. The overall ambience was better suited to the men who hung around the hotel during the day looking for a good time with the local girls, who all seemed to show up at the bar at night.

• Liked — Layout and decor
  • Disliked — Ambience
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family