“Closed for good ?”

Playa Cerunia
Ranked #17 of 136 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: Italian, International
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant seems to be permanently closed which is tragic because they had great food.
I have tried to recreate some of their recipes at home in New York
I wish them all the best and if the are only on an extended vacation let us all know when you return

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

The food is fantastic. Teo can eat an outstanding seafood dinner, with drinks, for under $20 USD. The restaurant is on Sosua Beach - if you eat at the restaurant, the beach chairs are free. Then there is Oscar - host extraordinaire. He gives VIP service unlike any other I have received.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank 98pamd
Reviewed December 8, 2017

food is super delicious, portions are very VERY big (couple can take 1 pasta)...I really recommend seafood pasta!!!! it costs 750pesos (including tax) and its a perfect portion for two people!! Staff is very nice.We'll definately return!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Wonderfull, delicious dishes and extremally large portions. The place is „must visit” in Sosua. Totally recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

I have been looking for a nice place in Playa Sosua for many days and I have never been happy, but one day I found Playa Cerunia and after that I have never changed again.
Alessandro, the owner, is a great Italian guy, and a good chef as well, you can order any pasta you like and he is going to make it for you.
His speciality is Pasta with small lobsters, Linguine with fresh basil pesto (my favorite, he is from Genova, in Liguria, the city where pesto has been invented...), fish ( Cillo is SO good) and grilled lobster ( cooked perfectly).
The beach is nice, free sun beds and nice service.
By far the best you can have in this beach.
Try it and then give me a positive vote!!!

Date of visit: January 2017