“Perfect Vacation Home”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Castle Villa

Playa Carleton
Cabarete Beach early evening
Sosua Beach
Security at Gated Commuity - love to pose with guests
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Richard L
Seattle, United States
“Perfect Vacation Home”
Reviewed April 28, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Although I have been coming to the DR for a few years now, this was my first stay at Castle Villa. This place is amazing. The pool is so much larger than any other two bedroom I have rented. It is also very private in the back yard. The photo on here do not do this justice. It appears they have completely remodeled the main living area with new furniture, TV and appliances. The beds are comfortable and heavenly to sleep in. I am a cook, so I was totally amazed on the kitchen gear. Everything one could want. Mixer, coffee grinder, George Forman with about 6 different plates, food processor, mixer, egg poacher, taco shell maker, microwave, broiler, toaster oven, plus of course the normal things you would expect. There were even some spices in the pantry. The property is located close to so many interesting things to do. The Jewish Museum was very moving, there are numerous beautiful beaches, lots of shopping, close to golf courses, horseback riding, go carts, cable car to the top of the mountain in Puerto Plata. I will be back and highly recommend this villa. It is definitely one of the best I have stayed in. Oh yes the maid comes 6 days a week and is very accommodating. The other villa's we have rented we got two days, maybe three days, but this place was so clean, I swear you could eat off the floor. The owner is not in the DR, but responded to any questions I had on messanger or email. Thanks for your beautiful home.

Your age range 65+
Apr 29, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your renting with us again.
Linda R
“Such a blessing!”
Reviewed April 26, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Sherrill and Dick saved our Christmas! Hurricane Maria destroyed our holiday plans and this lovely couple helped us out.
We are more than satisfied with our vacation.
Great place with all the necessities, lovely pool and garden. Nice friendly staff. Peaceful friendly and safe. Close to supermarkets. Lovely beaches.
We loved every second we spended there.
If you want to book Sousa -this is it!!

Sherrill helped us and gave recommendations concerning restaurants, beaches and places of interest. Everything we needed for a pleasant stay.

We feel blessed about this experience and of course as you probably understand by now - give our best recommendations.
Thank you Sherrill and Dick for this opportunity, we will always cherish it!

/Linda, Jon, Edith and Harry -from Sweden

Apr 27, 2018
Thank you for the great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and your Holiday was not disrupted. Thank you, thank you.
Boni C
“Beautiful Bungalow”
Reviewed April 26, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Love this house! It is in a gated community where all the yards are kept in gorgeous condition. Very nice swimming pool in back. Newer furnishings and of course air conditioning. Two bedrooms that both open up to the back and each with their own private bath. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Apr 28, 2018
Thank you Boni for taking the time to review our villa. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit.
Jamie F
“Amazing Tropical Honeymoon Casa”
Reviewed April 25, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Adorable and well -kept home infused with cultural landscape and architecture in a safe and quiet neighborhood. Beautiful & clean pool with wonderful outdoor patio spaces for lounging and eating. Close enough to towns and beaches to experience the culture but far enough away to be securely excluded from the hustle and bustle of town life. The owners are wonderful- helpful and very responsive to all their guests needs and questions. Definitely would recommend to anyone and everyone- family vacation or couples retreat alike! We can't wait to come back!

Apr 26, 2018
Thank you for the great review. I hope you had an amazing honeymoon experience. We would love to have you return to our little slice of paradise. Congratulations.
Jeepgirl6...
“Full kitchen, bright and airy, new furniture, lovely pool :)”
Reviewed February 29, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I love this home. I chose to stay here again for all the reasons I loved about my first stay. It's bright and open and clean. I can cook any meal here that I can cook at home. The pool has been updated and is a perfect temperature, night or day. Great cost and location. Wonderful home.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Feb 29, 2016
Thank you for review our home again. I am so glad you decided to stay again. I hope you will be back soon.
Ryan S
Tennessee
“Oustanding stay at Castle Villa!”
Reviewed September 15, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Having just recently stayed at Castle Villa in Casa Linda, I can say nothing but great things about my stay. The owners were a pleasure to deal with and were prompt and accurate in responding to any questions I had pre-trip as well as when on site.

The villa is as exactly as described and pictured with all of the furniture, decorations, etc being in great condition. The only true problem I had during the week was running out of propane for the grill. The owners responded quickly to an email and the tank was refilled within 24 hours. The kitchen is loaded with appliances and utensils which can be rare when renting. Anything and everything needed was only an arms length away. The pool was outstanding with the water being just the right temp and is very private. Late night swims were great!

The staff at Casa Linda was very helpful in any issues I had or advise needed. Security was very tight and I never felt uneasy at anytime during my stay. The pool was cleaned most every morning and the attendant even went above and beyond by hand cleaning the grill one afternoon. I only saw the maid a couple of times during the trip, but was not an issue for me as we did most of the straightening up ourselves. I'm sure more frequent visits are available through the owners.

There were a few stores within walking distance of the property (5 minutes max) which was very convenient as well as a restaurant. I didn't eat there this trip, but it comes highly recommended.

I've stayed in the Sosua area many times, but this is the first time in Castly Villa or Casa Linda for that matter. It was a welcome change without all the noise and commotion you find in other parts of town. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, quiet place to relax and unwind. I will definitely be returning!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 28, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I actually have two tanks of gas, so I do not know why my rental agent at Hispaniola or Casa Linda did not just switch the tanks for you. I am so very sorry this happened, but I am glad you enjoyed your visit. Just an FYI, we have upgraded with all new appliances, new pool filter, new furniture in the living room and dinning room, in addition to a new BBQ. If you wish to rent again, I think you will be very pleased. Thank you again.
oregon
Reviewed June 19, 2013 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Feb 28, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to rate my home. I appreciate it and hope you will stay again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing