“Excelente”

Aqua Adventures by Scuba Dive Sosua
Reviewed April 6, 2014

It was my and my girlfriends first time diving and we couldn't of asked for more, Carlos (office) and Wellington (instructor) were brilliant, the day was great, saw loads and loads of different fish and I would highly recommend diving with these guys.

All reviews
"awesome experience"
"open water"
"great guy"

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently visited Sosua and, when I arrived, I figured I might as well try diving there.

Honestly, the more famous dive shop which I probably would've gone to was booked so I searched on the internet and found this little shop. It's relatively new (a year or two old) but the proprietor is very experienced and the staff seemed competent so I decided to try it.

The conditions were fantastic; I've gone diving all over (Indonesia, California, Cancun) but the water was crystal clear and I was fortunate enough to go on a cloudless day. I understand that the clear water is often the case due to the favorable currents. Unfortunately, the corals, while seemingly healthy are not that numerous; with time the various projects in enlarging the reefs may change this. Still the pure white sand on the bottom had my friends exclaiming it looked like scenes from the James Bond film "Thunderball".

The reason why I really enjoyed this shop is perhaps because of its small size (they don't have a big fancy boat) and newness. They were able to take me on quick notice so I got an extra day of diving! Then, the next day, even though I was the only one to request a dive, Pablo offered to take me out. When the weather turned out to be less than perfect, he allowed me to cancel (I insisted on paying him a cancellation fee). Finally, when I realized that the pictures I had taken with my underwater camera did not include any of myself, I contacted them. They sent me pictures they had taken of their camera (of course for free).

While this reef may not be appropriate for more experienced divers; the clarity, calm water, shallowness make it an excellent choice for beginners. The staff was patient and friendly and, as I've mentioned, the service was extraordinary. You should though, make sure to ask them what are the goals of the other divers; one of mine was completing an open-water dive course. It didn't bother me but it meant a little time was spent on his lesson (but it was a good refresher).

1  Thank TeddyMap
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I dove at the end of Dec with Pablo, a 2 tank dive in the morning. I decided last minute, ok yah I should go diving while I'm here, so on practically a whim I sent an email and within a few minutes everything was set up for the next day.
It was great! The shop was great. The equipment was great (I had brought nothing dive oriented with me to the DR). The boat ride was great (very short, there are multiple dive spots not that far off the beach). The visibility was great, even though Pablo said it wasn't that great. The sea life was great. The corals were great.
I would highly recommend diving with aqua adventures the next time you are in sosua!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

It's great to find a place so warm and welcoming - it really puts you at ease. So glad to have found this scuba shop and hope to be back diving with them in DR soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This review is long overdue. We realized as we were talking about diving that we never posted a review that was much deserved. First of all we planned our dive the evening before and Pablo made time for us. Because we were a little far and it would have been expensive for a taxi, he came to pick us up. We are fairly new to diving and Pablo made us totally as ease. In fact it was like diving with a friend. We even joined him at a local restaurant for dinner before we headed back. The price was very reasonable and the dive was the best we had ever had! All employees at the shop were personable and safety was a priority! I would hands down recommend this company for your dive! Derrick & Bonnie