“Delicious and good value”
Review of The Blue C - CLOSED

The Blue C
Cuisines: Italian, American
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Delicious and good value”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a lovely little restaurant away from the noisy clubs. The staff were great and the food excellent.

Visited October 2013

Sosua, Dominican Republic
“I almost hate to say how great it is”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Sunday afternoons are my only day off from work, and I spend as many as I can at Playa Alicia. The Blue C is right on my way home, and it is so wonderful that I almost don't want to get the word out because I don't want it to get too crowded and have it be ruined.

I typically stop in for a late lunch/early dinner at around 5 or 6, and I have never had a meal that was not absolutely show-stopping. The portions are ENORMOUS: I ordered a fish dish the first time I went and wound up lugging it home because I could barely eat half of it. The next time, I decided to be smart and ordered just the fish finger appetizer, and once again, I was walking home with a plastic take-out bag.

The last time I stopped in, I was in the mood for a margarita, and I thought I would enjoy the view at On the Waterfront right there at Playa Alicia while sipping a margie, and it was horrible. I nipped over to The Blue C and proceeded to have -- I admit it -- two of the most awesome margaritas ever.

When you go, try to get one of the wicker chairs, because the ones that are covered in plastic like in your Dominican grandmother's house are not that comfy, especially in shorts. The music they play is a very odd mix of Latin favorites, Patsy Cline, and Billy Joel, with some (unidentifiable to me) hip-hop mixed in. The waitress is very sweet, and it's a great place to people-watch.

The Blue C is one of my very favorite restaurants in all of Sosua, and the prices are great.

Go there: but don't tell anybody!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mollybloom51
Sosua, Dominican Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best in Sosua”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Tried this quaint little place out and ended up coming back two more times during my trip.
First time was for lunch and had a steak and cheese sandwich which one of the best I have ever had. The flavor of this sandwich was fantastic and the beef was tender.

The other meals included a very good pork dish and a special thai chicken dish both of which were very tasty.

My date had a very good chicken cordon bleu dish which I also tasted and it had wonderful flavor.

The drinks were also very good. I was especially fond of the Pain Killer drink which had the best flavor. Also tried some other drinks, all which were very good.

The prices were very fair and the location is nice and quiet. This is easily one of the best places in all of Sosua.

• Visited April 2013
“Very good place”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went there 3 times first time I had the cordon blue second time
Surf and turf and the third time I had lasagna and that
Was excellent, the best lasagna that I had had in the Dr
And they also have those chinolas shooters they are really good.

• Visited January 2013
nova scotia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great place to eat the food is awesome , and the owner can't do enough for you. The drinks are great . The prices are wonderful...great place to sit and watch the world go by ....off the Main Street quiet.

Visited October 2012