“From tears to joy! A must-do excursion!”

Zip Line at Monkey Jungle
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.00*
and up
Monkey Jungle and Zipline Adventure from Puerto Plata
Ranked #7 of 14 Tours in Sosua
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the longest zip line in the Caribbean.Lower yourself across 16 platforms, and 12 cables, spawning two miles throughout a mountain range. A docile airlift, an ethereal slip sifting through the thick foliage overhead. Glide through two of the biggest zip lines in the Caribbean. Experience an unmatched frenzy, blundering skin deep amidst a dazzling rainforest. As you timidly scour the first cable, your body relinquishes all fears, and an adrenaline rush subdues your being.Twirling from platform to platform, pre-Columbian enigmas come to life in the middle of fascinating vistas. Anamuya Mountain is swathed by mysticism, yearning to be revealed before your eyes. Hidden secrets lie afar in a forgotten site once settled by an indigenous civilization.Raising yourself over a colossal arena, accomplish cunning feats, attaining distances far over 900 meters.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I will start off by saying that I am not a dare devil or a thrill seeker! My husband and I visited the DR for a week and decided to go on a few excursions to break up the monotony of the beach. This excursion was our last for the week and i had been nervous about the trip all week long. As our transportation picked up all of the passengers for the trip, my anxiety turned to embarrassment as three small children and a lovely lady with two crutches and her leg in a boot boarded the vehicle. I kept telling myself that if they could do it-there is absolutely no excuse as to why I can't do it!

We arrive at the monkey jungle which is hands down the most beautiful place i'd seen in the DR. We started out with the monkeys. My husband enjoyed feeding and petting his little cousins;) After the monkeys, it was time to face the music...

Awesome cannot even begin to describe the zip-lining tour guides. They were smart,hilarious, handsome and most important-professional! The equipment was top notch-the guides take their time to ensure that you are securely in the harness and that all the ropes and clips are in working order. After a very simple yet detailed lesson on how to zip line it was time to go down the first line.

That was when it all fell apart for me-my legs turned to jelly as we walked up to the first platform. I graciously let almost everyone in the group go ahead of me. Then i came to the moment when i had no choice but to go. The guide whom i no refer to as my novio saw that I could not do it so he attached our harnesses together and went down the line with me. I was so scared that i had tears streaming down my face when we landed safely on the platform. But then, it hit me- we landed safely!!! After the first line, i was able to do all but one other on my own and by the end- the fear was gone and i was having a great time!

This is a must-do excursion! If you visit DR, go to the monkey jungle, hangout with the guys and have a blast! The proceeds benefit a non-profit that provides full medical and dental care to the community. Don't forget to tell my novio that his novia with the crazy pink tie-die pants said hello!

There are newer reviews for Zip Line at Monkey Jungle

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a fun day. I was a little hesitant of the zip lines, but they were fun. Not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. The lines really weren't that steep or fast. The "free fall" at the end was also not as scary as it seemed. The scariest part was dropping off the platform. It drops you pretty slow. The monkeys at the end were the best part (I have always loved monkeys)! The liteally jump right on top of you. The people that worked there were awesome! Especially our zip line buddies Marc (Bob Marly), Denson (Eddie Murphy), and Dieubon (Koby Bryant). They were awesome guys and made the trip a lot of fun! Was a little more pricey than we would have liked, but still worth the adventure!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Marc and lesly did a great job keeping us safe and was very professional. I had a really good time.Thanks again guys

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Pros:
LeAnn, who helps run the Monkey Jungle and facilitated the zip line, was personable, helpful and great to talk to. Our zip line guide, Densen, was great. He was high energy and worked hard to entertain and help the kids (all 6 of them) feel at ease with the process. The first two zip lines are slow and the kids just simply need to ride - no breaking needed. If the kids put on the break too soon and did not make it to the platform, Densen would "monkey taxi" out to get them and help pull them in. It is just long enough to make it worth the trip (40 minutes of Cabarete) and not so long that it gets tedious. At about the 5th zip line, you are back at the restaurant and can place your food order so it is ready when you are finished. The food is not great - but we were not expecting it to be fantastic anyway.

Cons:
This series of zip lines is pretty low key and the landscape is actual craggy grassland with some trees - not jungle. Had we had the guides in the group behind us, I do not think we would have enjoyed the experience nearly as much. We noticed that the guides in that group were simply going through the motions. If the kids in that group got stuck and didn't make it to the platform the guides would tell them to pull themselves in, which is no easy task as it is all upper body strength. Twice, Densen hollered at them to "monkey taxi" their guests. The fall into the cave is a thrill, but the "cave" is just a dank hole so once you are at the bottom, you immediately want to climb out.

As an activity for adults, I would give it a rating of 3. However, my kids loved it and the enjoyed the monkeys at the monkey jungle so I am giving it a rating of 4 as an activity to do with family. The age range of the kids in our group was 6-12 years-old. the 2 six year olds went with a guide and everyone else (ages 8-12) went alone. My 10-year old daughter was a bit nervous with the longest one and the guides took her on that one.

Recommendation:
We were a large group of friends with kids (3 adults & 6 kids). This was almost too many because it was a lot of waiting for your turn. If you don't want to be bunched with people you don't know, be sure to call ahead.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Okay first time zip lining and a bit of a dare devil. First issue, they dont feed you all day. Then when you can get food you have to pay for it. We are talking about a 8 hour day without food. Second problem on the longest fastest line my handbrake failed and thank GOD my BF went first because he threw his body infront of me. Very scary, the staff werent sympathetic whatsoever.

3  Thank travelfever_2011