“Beautiful, quiet, reliable, just perfect”
Review of Tropix Hotel

Tropix Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Sosua
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is really beautiful. I just enjoyed my stay.
The main center of Sosua is just 2 minutes away per feet. Walking to the beach is done in less than 5 minutes.
The hotel itself lies within a garden of flowers and palms. There are only a few small houses, each containing two apartments. In the middle of the hotel there is a nice pool, clean and always refreshing.
The staff is reliable and very friendly. All around the stay was really perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank RayB41

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our group of 11 stayed at Tropix for a week and everyone loved it! The rooms are large and airy, the breakfast is fantastic and inexpensive, and sitting by the pool is soooo relaxing. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet spot, but at the same time just a few blocks walk to everything you need. Cori and Jess were awesome hosts and I can't say enough to recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Michele H
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Spent four wonderful days at the Tropix Hotel. It's a beautiful hotel, only a five-minute walk to town (and four minutes to the supermarket)---but on a quiet street. Great staff, led by Cori, from Pennsylvania, who can't do enough for her guests. The rooms are airy and bright, reading by the pool was so relaxing---I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank scoop12356
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in this lovely hotel. It is only 300m away from the center of Sosua. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean. Due to its size of only 10 rooms it is also very quit and you can relax easily. Also you feel very secure which is not always given in Sosua. Their “no houseguest rule” which refers to the prostitutes is also a big plus. Carl, the manager will welcome you with great tips of what to do and where to eat.
If you want to stay at a place that is of the beaten track then this is a place for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Robert H
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I knew this was the perfect hotel the moment I dragged in, alone, carrying all my stuff, in the middle of the afternoon. The first thing Carl did was sit me down and feed me some rice and beans and stewed chicken that Carl had just cooked. It was probably the best Dominican food I had on my trip. It was my first time to the Dominican Republic and really didn't know what to expect. Carl, Juan and Morena made me feel immediately at home and gave me a secure base from which to embark on my Dominican adventure.

It is a modest hotel of detached bungalows, unassuming from the street in a nice residential neighborhood. The grounds are immaculate and the landscaping top notch. The pool, although small, was deep and perfect for me. The room was clean, airy, cute and very comfortable. The location is ideal as you're not down in the thick of things downtown, which carry on all night, but only a short walk of literally 2-3 minutes. Sosua Beach, which I would hold up to any beach around (and I'm from Maine) is only a few minutes walk after that. Alicia Beach, another incredible beach, is maybe a ten minute walk. The highway is a 45 second walk for transportation in either direction, to Puero Playa or Cabarete, and so is the Supermarket and ATM (where I got my pesos from).

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a nice, clean, friendly and modest place to stay at a very affordable rate. When I left I five days later I was very pleased with myself for picking it. Perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel Tropix is a great little find. My wife and I stayed there for three nights and had a wonderful time. It's probably more for travelers or families (as it doesn't allow for dirty old men with young girls...if you know what I mean). The staff is charming and kind while the manager, Carl, is knowledgable about the area/culture and very willing to chat away with you about most anything and makes for good company :) Thanks for a lovely time!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank randypoor
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've recently stayed 3 nights at Tropix Hotel; all the people working in this hotel provided an excellent service with any kind of recommendations regarding Sosua, Cabarete and other close locations.

Rooms are very clean, internet connections is strong and works perfectly (better than any US or Canadian hotels...!).

What to say about Tropix? I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo