“Great place”

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Sosua
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just finished my first stay after hearing good things about Rockys. I will be returning in a week. Great , friendly, and personable service. If your looking for a place to meet your budget and is a Great place overall as well as good food and people. Then Rockys is the place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg P
There are newer reviews for Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I have stayed at Rocky's numerous times since April 2008, both in the hotel and the condominiums. Both are excellent, clean, safe, and well maintained. If you're on a tight budget the hotel is the best choice, if not, try the condos. Both have internet for free. In the condos there's a full kitchen so you can cook your own food, and in the hotel there's a restaurant that serves good food a great prices. I was last there in November and I rented a condo. Next month I'll be back and I'll be at the hotel.

Room Tip: In the hotel the motor scooters outside can be noisy sometimes, so I always bring earplugs just in c...
7  Thank Sepahunt22
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Just returned again on November 29th. You may read my review from July also. Simple, clean, airconditioned accommodations, and a very personable staff, and management. Their restaurant serves American food and is open from 8:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m. Good value. Rocky's has a great location less than half a block away from Pedro Clisante, the center street for shopping, sidewalk restaurants, and an active nightlife. If you want something a little nicer, they also have apartments, and condo rentals available. Rick (a great Canadian guy) and his wife, Milka are the owners (friendly people), and will be glad to assist you, and offer free area advice. For over 30 years, I have been involved in Orlando area hospitality, and tourism.

Room Tip: Rooms are fairly generic. Ask for the best available.
5  Thank Dandy1ORL
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I spent 5 great nights at the Sosua Suites Condos, a related Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel property. Although this was my first stay at Rock's, I was greeted at the door, by the owner, Rick, who knew me and greeted me by name. I travel quite a bit and I have never felt more welcome, at any place I have stayed, then here. The staff was friendly and did a great job. The food was excellent, and the other guests were very welcoming. My condo was nice, clean, and very comfortable. As I said, this was my first time at Rocky's, but it will not be my last

2  Thank Jeremiah K
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I spent only one night at Rocky's, but I felt like I had hit the Jackpot! Great food, Movie Night, PayPerView Heavyweight Championship fight for free, and friendly companionship. Who could ask for anything more. Room was quiet and comfortable, even though I reserved a non AC room! As stated above, Jackpot!!

Room Tip: Best for single men.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank draino3
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Dates 8.31- 9.13.11 / Location = Sosua Suites Condos a related Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel property.

You can learn a lot about the management/ owners and staff during an extended stay in a hotel/rental property as I did during my 13 night stay at Rocky’s. I learned Rick & Milka run a top notch operation.

Any problems, questions or concerns I had during my stay were addressed without hesitation by Rick and his staff, often with one well place phone call made by Rick, issue resolved. If you told me Rick & Milka were renting rooms out of a shoebox I'll stay there knowing that they would have it hooked up.

Additionally, Rick’s willingness to offer guidance on how to move about Sosua proved most valuable. Such as an honest place to exchange money, clothes cleaned, stores, various bars and restaurants, etc. etc..

The condo itself was clean and modern, new air conditioning unit, Wi FI equipped, stove, refrigerator with freezer, king size bed, couch and love seat, working windows in every room, patio, all for $42 a night (the two week rate for low season) unquestionable valuefor its central location (you can walk to everything even the beach)

In conclusion, we all have our favorite places; often those places are not the most expensive in town or opulent. It’s those places where we made to feel welcomed, genuinely appreciated. Those places where the staff cares enough to remember your name, not by the sterile sir or madam, but by your name. Your name goes here “________ my friend how are you, sit down over here with us, relax, you’re on vacation, have a Presidente". Rocky’s is that place, that favorite place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Ghost D
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Rocky's Hotel is an excellent place in all ways----convenient, great staff, inexpensive, a real hangout for visitors and sosua-ites, good food, fun, almost a frat house atmosphere, friendly, etc. I like Rocky's so much that I stay there, several months each year

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo