“Everything was terrible”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went for the ribs. Don't even bother. They were horrible. Three out of the nine had no meat and the others were extremely fatty and meager with the actual meat. The sauce they used tasted just plain weird. The potatoes served with the ribs were nasty as well. Every other table seemed to be single sketchy guys hat looked like they frequent the place a lot. We also ordered eggs, bacon, and toast. Since we did not want coffee we asked for juice instead (totally expecting an up charge). The waitress confirmed that we would pay a little extra. What she neglected to inform us was that she would charge the full price. Translation: no there are no substitutions for the coffee would have bee helpful and honest. Owner seemed to walk around but did not seem to care much about whether the customers were enjoying themselves. Safe your time and money and go somewhere else where they actually have decent food.

2  Thank melanie y

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I've been frequently Rocky's for the past 7 years. Why? Not only the best ribs, but the best place to meet new friends and share stories. I love that I can order 3, 6, 9 etc of ribs depending on how hungry I am. I also feel safe there morning, noon and night - can't say that about a lot of establishments. I've also stayed in the hotel and it's great value for the price. The manager is always available to help, answer questions, offer suggestions of where to go and what to do. I'll keep coming back.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

They advertise the best ribs in the caribbean...... so, I thought why not, let's give them a shot.

I ordered the six rib plate and the ribs came out so soft to the bone, and rich in sauce that they literally melted in my mouth.

I had one problem, two of the ribs were about 1/4th the size of the others, but the nice waitress ANA first explained that they are all sized differently, so it is a normal plate, but, to me they were a rip off so I asked her to change them for others

This she did with a smile, and five minutes came back with two large ribs... I left there happy and stuffed.

Other than that, it was perfect...... the potatoes with the ribs were also perfect.

It is hard to find good safe food in general in the Dominican Republic so Rocky's should be on your list of must do places while in the area.....

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rocky's has a good selection of sandwiches and burgers, if you aren't much on taste adventure, BUT they also have some Dominican delights to choose from. The chicken in garlic lime sauce was delectable! Rocky's also has a variety of breakfast treats. Bacon and eggs and fried potatos are perfect--I don't care where you live!
The atmosphere is easy going. Movie night is great. A nice variety of tourists and locals to have conversation with. Wi-Fi. Godd food. Cold drinks. What else does one need?

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the Mary Rose so this is limited to Rockys restaurant. The food was great, a good value and the service was wonderful. Its a great spot to grab a break enjoy a cold one. I enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner there during my time in Sosua. I didn't have a bad meal but I think the Lime Chicken is not to be missed. Its a great spot to meet fellow travellers and relax from the madness. Like all things Rick, Milka and his wonderful staff are involved in, Rockys reputation for service and quality is well deserved. I look forward to more ice cold Presidentes there in the future.