“For Ribs, you can't beat Rocky's”

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar & Hotel
Ranked #60 of 111 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 18, 2013

They advertise the best ribs in the caribbean...... so, I thought why not, let's give them a shot.

I ordered the six rib plate and the ribs came out so soft to the bone, and rich in sauce that they literally melted in my mouth.

I had one problem, two of the ribs were about 1/4th the size of the others, but the nice waitress ANA first explained that they are all sized differently, so it is a normal plate, but, to me they were a rip off so I asked her to change them for others

This she did with a smile, and five minutes came back with two large ribs... I left there happy and stuffed.

Other than that, it was perfect...... the potatoes with the ribs were also perfect.

It is hard to find good safe food in general in the Dominican Republic so Rocky's should be on your list of must do places while in the area.....

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rocky's has a good selection of sandwiches and burgers, if you aren't much on taste adventure, BUT they also have some Dominican delights to choose from. The chicken in garlic lime sauce was delectable! Rocky's also has a variety of breakfast treats. Bacon and eggs and fried potatos are perfect--I don't care where you live!
The atmosphere is easy going. Movie night is great. A nice variety of tourists and locals to have conversation with. Wi-Fi. Godd food. Cold drinks. What else does one need?

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the Mary Rose so this is limited to Rockys restaurant. The food was great, a good value and the service was wonderful. Its a great spot to grab a break enjoy a cold one. I enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner there during my time in Sosua. I didn't have a bad meal but I think the Lime Chicken is not to be missed. Its a great spot to meet fellow travellers and relax from the madness. Like all things Rick, Milka and his wonderful staff are involved in, Rockys reputation for service and quality is well deserved. I look forward to more ice cold Presidentes there in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really lenjoyed the relaxed simple, atmosphere here, and the food was tasty. I had a chicken sandwich and my friend ordered spaghetti. Both servings were generous and well priced. Also, in a place like Sosua, where staying up really late is not unusual, the availability of breakfast past the usual hours, can be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to checking out some of the other items on the menu during my next visit, especially the ribs.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The place to go if your on a budget , you get great food for little cash , this place can't be beaten when it comes to good food for the price they want ,
Well worth going there anytime of the day , the owner Ricky is also a cool guy and easy to get on with and very helpful .