Casa Marina Beach & Reef
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$81
$74
Travelocity
Casa-22(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$128
Condo Hotel Plaza Europa(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$38
$26
New Garden Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$78
$62
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Coral Blanco Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$60
$51
Tropix Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$44
Hotel Voramar Sosua(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$46
$41
Travelocity
Hotel el Rancho(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$38
$36
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
4,167 results
All reviewsseafoodcasa marina beachbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barstar resortparadise islandhot dogssea foodshows at nightthe mexican restaurantpublic beachmain buffetgarden view
Reviewed February 18, 2011

i love everything about this place the service was great. i love the food and the drinks the rooms were very good. i love the pool cause i loke to swim a lot and i like water a lot. i love every minute of it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This is one of the worst hotels I ever stead at front dest nasty costomer service nasty english is very bad .
And the gards think they are police also you cant have guest come see you i want my mom to come see me they gave her a hard time I dont care how cheap it is i would rather have someone treat me nice for the money im spending.
I also stayed at Terria Linda much nicer for the money and I can have all the women i want to come see me and the customer servisewas the best.
They think that they are better than americas and others from canada they dont like them lets just say they dont like white pepole but will be your friend for your money.
its the pepole they have working therein the hotel time to change the staff

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itssnunyabyness
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed at Casa Marina Reef for two weeks. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This was the third time we stayed at this resort so needless to say we love it. There is not one negative thing I can say of this resort. The weather was beautiful everyday, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was delicious! We e. njoyed walks into Sosua, the flea markets were numerous, with a lot of choices to look at. Our room was beautiful and kept really clean by our maid. We thank all the staff for making our trip so special. We plan to go back again next year.!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katieOntario
Reviewed February 17, 2011

One of the first things I noticed was a sign over the toilet that told you to dispose of your toilet paper in the waste basket, not the toilet. I know that this is custom in some countries, but I had never been to a resort that requested it. That really grossed me out. I found that nobody really adhered to this. When we got to our room, it was nice and overlooking the pool (beach side) and we could see the beach as well. The beds were new and there was a flat screen TV in the room. Some of the missing items were; a dresser to put your clothes in, a towel bar, and sheets to fit the bed. We had a king size bed which was nice and confortable, but the sheets were double size flat sheets so after one night, I grabbed some extra sheets and remade our bed with additional sheets. They also supply you with two water bottles in your room, but after that you are supposed to continue using the same ones by filling them up with water from their filling stations. They didn't tell you this at check ing.
The water went out on three occasions during our time there. That was pretty gross since the "public" toilets were not flushing. They told us it was a "water issue" for the entire town of Sousua.
On a brightner note..the pool was very nice, the grounds were beautiful and the place was very clean. The staff was always seen cleaning up the area. The cool jacuzzis by the water were lovely and very relaxing.
We only spend $650 a person including flights from PA for this trip, so all in all...Great Deal for a week in the sun.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Just returned February 16th 2011 From the Casa Marina Reef Resort with with my husband and three 17 year old we were there for a week wish we had booked two. Don't believe the negative coment that you read they are not true. They really are doing a wonderful job at renovating the hotel. all brand new pillow top matresses and new furniture in rooms. The rooms were cleaned every day and same with towels you may need to bring a blow dryer as there were none but thats okay I brought mine and didn't need a special plug. They have the same voltage as we have at home in ontario. Food was plentiful and every night they had a different theme. some food was the same but there was plenty to choose from from the buffet. no complaints the a la carte itallian was awesome and I heard from others that the seafood and mexican was also terrific. The construction is completely finished now they are working on just little thing like amenities to bring the hotel to a four star. The grounds were impecably clean and well kept. The two beaches were big enough that you never had a problem finding a spot to sit or even around the pool always chairs available. Staff was excellent and always willing to help. Thankyou to the bar tender Leonardo and Grimaldi as they always were watching out for our teenagers so that they didn't consume too much(most of the time there was no alcohol in there drinks) but they didn't know that. I felt very safe to know that they were looking out for the girls and that they respected what I had asked . and also to the new trainee who was only started working there about 8 days ago, keep up the great work.

I have to say we were at a 5 star hotel in punta cana and it was spectacular and the beaches in punta cana were beautiful. but in all fairness Casa Marina Reef was the most scenic place so far with the view from the reef that overlooks the beach and ocean with the mountains in the background it was so tranquill. We sat in the evenings by the bar by the beach this was always a hot spot for people to meet because of the view.

Going into the town was also very interesting just the venders all want you to come into there shop. that can be a little much some are respectfull and let you browse others are not so. I just said Im just looking today not buying and said thank you. We heard that tourism was down 70% so I can understand they need to also make a living. I will definately return to this place as for us it was the perfect place to just relax and have some fun. If your looking fro granduer and poshi poshi and want to be waited on had and foot this is not the place to be. I've been to grand and I love this place the theater at night was top rate better than at the 5 star. And in the end Its all up to you to make the most of it and we sure did. I highly recommend this place if anyone needs more info just ask.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family