Casa Marina Beach & Reef
New Garden Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$64
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Coral Blanco Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$55
$53
Travelocity
Hotel Voramar Sosua(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$46
$44
Hotels.com
Ahnvee Resort & Sports(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$199
$153
Condo Hotel Plaza Europa(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$38
$37
Hotel el Rancho(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$38
$36
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Tropix Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$44
Casa-22(Sosua)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,102 results
All reviewsseafoodcasa marina beachbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barstar resortparadise islandhot dogssea foodshows at nightthe mexican restaurantpublic beachmain buffetgarden view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I just came home today. I should have taken others review very serious. I made a mistake like others and ignored the pictures and comments. True it's a jail cell. Rooms are very dirty. Mold and cracks, leaking toilet. This is surely a 1 star or none. Been to Jamaica 3.5 star resorts compare to that casa marina is 0.5 star. Fri/Sat/Sun you will find more locals with their families screaming and smoking cigars everywhere than tourist. DON'T waste your money. Dominican is a good country but go to a RESORT. Beer is water down even though they pour out of bottle. First two days i was given presidente rest of my trip was some crapy watered unknown brand. Not presidente not kubili. Heavy wave beach. Dangerous. Red flag through out the trip. People still went. Most just hangs in the pool. If you like more quiet enviornment with clean room and towels and bed and worry about hygiene this is not the place for you. Garden view is almost like septic tank smelly crapy view. I have a feeling the other reviewer this place is in the process to shut down soon. Save your money.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've never been one to make many reviews on places I have been....and I have been to ALOT of places in the Caribbean. From what I have noticed on alot of the reviews, people are just being way to hard on this resort....i mean come on, it's a 3.5 star and you really should have no expectations....it's YOU who should make the best of your vacation, not the resort. Now, not to say that it didn't have it's cons, but, for us the pros out weighed them.

It was my girlfriend, myself and 7 month old baby boy. March 21-28.

First, the Cons:
There are a few reception staff members that can come off pretty rude and you can tell they really don't care about their job and don't want to be there. BUT...there are a few that are outstanding.
There is really only one main buffet....to feed 2 small resorts put togethger...reef and beach...So at times it can be very hard to find a table.
You will have to get ALL your drinks yourself. No one will come to your table at any seating and take a drink order. But....the bars aren't that far away. So no worries.
Every day they had vendors on the resort and they are VERY pushy....but give them a nice smile and no thank you and keep on walking.
Not enough loungers at the resort for both pool and beaches. So, get up early to save your seats.

Now for the Pros:

First, I love food...and no matter what anyone says on their reviews....it's a 3.5 star, so NOT going to be AMAZING....but, we were very surprised and enjoyed the food at the buffet and snack bar. I've been to 5 stars with worse food.
The pools are great, not cold at all and very refreshing....and the 3 smaller Jacuzzi pools on the coral are sooooooo great to site in and drink and talk.
The beach was great. not very big. Can't go for long walks. The water was warm but a wavy at times, so be carefull. For $3 you can rent an umbrella, get them to place it where you want, get your loungers and set up for the day.
The drinks were not bad.....they DEF do not go light on the liqour lol.
The resort is right in the middle of Sosua. I have never been one to go off the resort and walk around a town. But we did for 2 days. It was AMAZING. So much fun. Lots to see. Bargain with the vendors, take them down low and you will get what you want. We stopped in a restaurant for some surf and turf....BEST EVER, better than the keg. 2 of us for about $50 US. The Casino was right across the street from it.....bargain with the restaurants as well, it works.
Trust us, you will have a great time walking the main streets.

We were very impressed with the resort as soon as we got to our room. I learned a while back that emailing the resort with some of your requests with some personal words or excitement to come to their resort works. I asked for a king bed, corner room on second floor and a crib in the room.....we opened the door and we had it all.

We do think that if you go, don't pay more than $700-750 per person....not worth more than that. It is a true 3.5, no more no less.

So, to sum it up....yes, there will be things here that you will not like. Go with an open mind and just enjoy your vacation. Have fun. You will enjoy your selves. We'd go back for sure :)

Room Tip: Try to ask for a corner room. Near the end of the long hallways. We had room 2554 and loved it. Was central to everything.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I thought I had done my homework on this hotel I guess I chose to ignore the warnings This hotel is a 2 star at best Apon arrival we were given room 621 We had booked a superior oceanview room The room was filthy....food on headboard, 1 inch of black mold on curtain valance dead bugs everywhere....the doors did not lock, TV did not work NOT KIDDING this room was disqusting We were switched to another room at 1130 PM to poolside 2436 and it was better, at least clean We then had our Nolitours meeting in AM Our representive was Felix. I was not a happy camper but kept my composure. He on the other hand, was rude and stated he had a very busy day ahead of him as 70 French people were coming in.... We were told to come back later in day and we would be switched We were switched to 1123 at 4;30 PM It was oceanview but same type of room All this switching and returning to lobby took a lot of time...which apparently means nothing to them We also never received our Noli Plus inclusions There are concrete bugs everywhere here including all over counter in bathroom on your stuff ..They must not spray anything, Gross ....
The resort itself is OLD and not kept up There is only a small lobby , no bars anywhere close except at beach .The one beach bar had some tables and chairs but that is it .Most people sat on the wall edge The only bars are beach bars.There is ,no place to go in evening except to beach bars...the buffet is like a cafeteria. You have to get your own water, coffee or drinks The buffet is small and repeative Looks like a BOMB went off if you don',t go when it first opens The A-la carte are in another cafeteria with beach chairs .The whole place is outdoor white plastic chairs and tables They are old and discolored The lounges are either broken, sagging or molded . Towel were not available on 2 days ? The Seafood A-la Cate had some ambience Dress codes were not enforced so you did not feel like you were eating out like a special evening ? There is no personal touches here....just your plate of food which I thought were fair
The grounds are pretty but cigarette butts are everywhere as they have no ashtrays .

The Puerto Plata runners full day exercusion was horrible !!!! You first have to pick everyone up and that takes 1 hour and 40 minutes from Sosua The stops were just that and the lunch was served at a hut in a field .The first beach stop for horseback riding was a joke only 2 papyas, NO CHAIRS, burning sand and no boggie boards We got off jeep and went riding and that was it...back in the bus and up the hill I had to ask for water ... and .that was at 1;30 pm, 6 hours into trip. Lunch was served down the road in a hot hut in a field.... NEVER AGAIN !!
The Monkey ZIP line was well worth the money, althought long lines and waits it was a very good exercusion
The hotel is indeed located in town and the Hookers are in the Hotel . I would not bring my children here !! The day we were leaving the Dept of corrections escorted a group of PRISONER'S into the resort to do there training as life guards at the pool. So all day the officers patrolled with guns ........ I truly saw them get off the bus...... We spoke with a couple that was in building 5 that had a fire the night before from the laundry room and there was no smoke detector or alarms She woke up choking
Also I found that the hotel management ( Edwardo) and our representative Felix will say anything and waste your time They seem to have no regard for the fact that this is someone',s vacation>>> they really should find different jobs No one likes to be lied too !! SAVE YOUR VACATION pick a different place

Room Tip: They are all the same the locations at pool are about the best
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a great trip spent 5 nts in casa marina this time..as always it didnt let me down. The location is second to none with two great beaches 3 hot tubs and amzing views.The hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly..Food gets better each time i visit. WELL DONE CASA MARINA KEEP UP THE HARD WORK

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Naomi69
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am always curious about resorts I am considering, and thought I did my homework on the Casa Marina. I scanned the reviews on this sight and decided to throw caution to the wind. I thought that there seemed to be a pattern in the people posting reiviews and decided that some people are just negative by nature. Then I went and stayed there for 1 week. I have previously stayed at the Grand Palladium in Jamaica, the Riu in Cabo San Lucas, and Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, and while it's probably unfair to compare these resorts to this one, I also think it's unfair for this resort to be represented as a 4 star. I would call it a 2.5. The one nice thing about this place was the resort beach...beautiful, lovely clear, blue water...waves were rough for swimming, but I am a lounger, so I read on the beach for hours and hours...VERY relaxing! However, SCARY place to bring your teenage daughters...I was actually embarrased on a few occasions...prostitues on the resort were evident, although they certainly kept their distance, and all locals were respectful. Food not great, was actually hoping to lose a couple of pounds, but ended up on pretty much a all-carb diet due to the bread and pancakes that were edible. I dunno...if you insist on going, the one thing you MUST bring is earplugs. very noisy in the long hallways at night, you could hear all SORTS of activities happening in other people's rooms..ughh...will never go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family