Casa Marina Beach Resort
$47
$36
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$65
Coco Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$25
$96
Condo Hotel Plaza Europa(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$32
$31
Sosua Ocean Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$140
$112
  • Pool
Hotel Voramar Sosua(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$44
New Garden Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Breakfast included
Bungalows Natura Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$53
Travelocity
  • Pool
$399
TripAdvisor
4,182 results
All reviewsseafoodbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barstar resortparadise islandhot dogssea foodshows at nightthe mexican restaurantmain buffetpublic beachthe jolly rogerrecommend this resort
Reviewed March 14, 2013

the resort was ok......the food was not so good.....i did manage to find something to eat while i was there but it was picking at my food....i never went back for seconds for anything i did eat ...lol...the beach was very rough waters while we were there .....only went in once because when i did i got caught in undertow and scraped my knee up on bottom...water was very rough every day i was there.
the one key per room thing is just crazy....if there is more than one person in the room...you have to find the other person who has the one and only key just to get back into your room. we asked for a second key and they said it was not allowed...most resorts i have been to give you the option to purchase a second key if you want it.......this one key rule is absolutely obsurd.....
i did meet alot of nice people in the town and on the resort. i felt very safe to travel on the streets of sosua ...even ventured on them in the day all alone and nobody really bothered me.
this is also the first time i have ever come across a resort where you only received one little water bottle and had to fill it up all the rest of the week at a station with drinking water......that was just crazy also....the maid was tipped every day and she did a fabulous job......
we were on ground floor and that was great....as no elevators in this resort...the people who work at this resort were fabulous and very polite and always helpful.
would i recommend this resort to any of my friends ...i say no as most my friends would not be happy with the recommendation...would i go back to this resort .....no i dont think i will return ...i will return to sosua but not to this resort...hope this is helpful to all....thanks

Room Tip: ground floor recommended ....no elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank steeler068
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited Casa Marina Reef resort feb 21-28,2013. Great location, clean grounds, poor service from staff, my room was basic with broken and damage bathroom, and room. the ac blow the smell of cigarette to where it's impossible to sleep

the morning buffet was basic, with unfriendly unprofessional staff, the lunch buffet was bad, and limited. the dinner buffet was also basic, not enough seats for guest to eat at all three buffet. The bar staff seems to only serve guest who tip them, they take orders from customers behind you, like your not important. I brought $200 just for tipping but only gave out $5 in tips. compare to cuba where i give away over $150 cuc in one week on tips. i would only return to this hotel if the price was lower than $300. People say DR offers better service and food compare to Cuba, I 100% disagree.i can truly say that Casa Marina Reef Resort, was a disappointment for me, the worst vacation I have had in 28 diff resorts I've visited

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mark Anthony L
Reviewed March 11, 2013

its not a five star hotel, and with that said i can start my review.
My husband and I were there for a week for our anniversary by the end of february - 2 march... All i can say is I LOVED IT! Considering its not a five star hotel, to me its really good for its price.
- First of all, Food:
The buffet is ok, they always have something ull like, breakfast was delicious, my husband an i loved it, the snack bar food is ok, and dinner was good also. A la carte restaurants were very nice as well.
- Rooms:
They still have to improve them, and thats why theyre closing for. Rooms are ok, beds are very comfortable, but as I said the rooms need some improvements like the mini bar and a hair dryer. But its whatever since it wasnt so important to me. Bathroom is ok, clean, and never lack hot water. :)
- Hotel:
BEAUTIFUL!
Its a very romantic place, super recommended to couples, families and anyone else...
Super nice, big clean pools, a lot of space everywhere, a lot of places to sit down and relax. nice beach but a little bit too strong lol, a lot of bars. And the best, not extremely big but not small either ... :D
There are 3 jacuzzis next to the reef. At night you can relax next to the reef at the bar, or just laying down watching the waves, same on the beach. To sum up, We loved the place!
- Staff:
Theyre funny, FRIENDLY, nice, kind, helpful... Theyre always up to help u, make u smile, or just talk about a random topic. We had a lot of fun with them and made our stay better.
- Service at the lobby:
One day we had a problem, the smell of cigarrette from others rooms was getting into our room through the AC; and they send someone right away to put something on the AC and we never smell it again. So I can say they work.
- Enterteiment:
Nice. we liked it. And the post-show at the marlins bar next to the buffet was super cool too. we laughed so much.
- Location:
Its located in a great place of Sosua, outside the resort u have LOTS of stores, a bank, lots of restaurants, clubs, everything!... We love chips so we went to buy some in the supermarket Playero, 5 minutes walking.
If you like snorkeling, scuba diving, tours, ect ect They have plenty of things to do. So dont worry..
We tried the banana boat, we went to Teleferico in Puerto Plata, and we went to Lifestyle Holiday Vacation Club for a daypass. We were in the V.I.P beach and it was a very nice experience.

Conclusion...
I think te price was the best because this resort really exceeds my expectations.

Will I go back? DEFINITELY.
Ps. Keep in mind its not a 5 star resort and youll be good.

Keep the good job Casa Marina!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mrs_Pain07
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was better than I was expecting. Rooms were great, they were very clean but simple. The beach was small but very nice. Food was good. The small pools in the side of reef were amazing and so much fun. Spent most of the time there. We traveled off season so some parts of the resort were closed and their were a lot of locals staying there. I liked that you could walk out the front door of resort and you were down town sousa. Walking around and seeing things were fun. Just not after dark!

Room Tip: Ground floor is perfect if you can get right by the pool cause you just go out the sliding door and you can have lounge chairs right there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shayneykids
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I dont recommend this resort its awful....lounge chairs are mostly all broke and old...its dirty...under staffed....doesnt have enough bars open....no bar close to pool....theres 2 resorts and u all eat at 1 buffet..fullllll....not as friendly at this resort....lobby is tiny and goes right out to the street and theres bikes constantly zoomin by so smells like diesel...shows stunk and was only a few and were just kids....nothin at all was fancy....the grounds werent even that nice...disappointed .....our ocean view was not even near it....we went to barcelo yr before and it was 10 times nicer and we paid less....beware unless u just want to go uptown and party...most just go uptown....

• Stayed: February 2013