Casa Marina Beach & Reef
$76
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$65
Coral Blanco Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$51
$111
Bungalows Natura Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$53
$49
  • Pool
Condo Hotel Plaza Europa(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$27
$26
New Garden Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$78
$64
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Garden by the Sea Bed & Breakfast(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$65
$36
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Sosua Ocean Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
$140
  • Pool
4,159 results
All reviewsseafoodcasa marina beachbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barstar resortparadise islandhot dogssea foodshows at nightthe mexican restaurantpublic beachmain buffetgarden view
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a wonderful place. Very clean,safe, friendly and unfortunately for my waistline, food was wonderful also. All staff were good with speaking English and so helpful in every way. I have to say there is not one thing negative about this place. The A La Carte meals I didn't find were as tasty as the buffet but that is all a matter of taste and wouldn't say this is a neg. thing against the resort. I loved the cool water Jacuzzi's as they were a great place to meet people from around the world. Some people said they have seen the resort change quite a bit in the last few years but as this was my first time there I found it great.Grocery store is very near and a lot cheaper than the gift shop . I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a pool/garden view second floor . It was great. I will take a small portable fan next trip as it get hot at night, I kept the patio door open all the time. The palm trees provided privacy on the patio which was great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank roakley
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The site is just wonderful, the rooms have comfy beds, the staff was great, the food delicious, the pools clean, everything was perfect. The entertainment was original, the massages on the beach are a cool experience and the view from the whirpools are magnificent.

Room Tip: choose a corner room, they have two balconies and are more spacious
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank mel1975Rawdon
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just returned from a week stay at Casa Marina Resort. Do not worry about the bad reviews. The hotel was absolutely fine. The rooms, while not luxurious, serve very well. The beds are comfortable the plumbing works good and there are a good selection of channels to choose from when turning in for the evening. There are no refrigerators but I was told you could request one although I didn't bother as it was not that important to me. The maids cleaned it every day and left fresh water every day. The food was quite good for a 3 start resort, I have been to a 5 star where the food was worse. Resort food is what it is, food for the masses. FYI Wolfgang Puck is not in the kitchen whipping up a gourmet meal for 2000 people. The grounds are very pretty and well maintained. The beach is fabulous, soft sand everywhere and beautiful clear water. The water at the beach is quite active, the red flag just stays up all the time because they don't have a lifeguard on duty so its basically a swim at your own risk situation; which everybody did. Its great fun swimming in the waves you just have to time it right between where the waves begin to crash on the shore and getting to where you can just bob along in the water, we all took our turns at getting caught in the danger zone and get tossed to the shore its a good laugh. The mixed drinks at the bar are quite good, the main bar is the one right by the beach and its a lot of fun although the bars are only open until 11 on the resort. This isn't really a problem for those who want to party on as you can step right out side the resort and find a ton of great bars and restaurants and many that have very reasonably priced drinks. We were there during superbowl and many of the bars were holding superbowl parties. We went to superbowl at Jolly Roger which is run by a Canadian couple, its a great fun place. Also went to a place called Coaches Corner to watch hockey and had a great time. Sosua is a beautiful little beach town, I loved being there. I've heard so often that Punta Cana is way better than Puerto Plata, well I haven't been into the actual city of Puerto Plata I can say the North Coast is a lot of fun. There is so much more to do and see. Over all Casa Marina had good food, good drinks, good service, a fantastic beach and pretty grounds, its a no frills hotel and if you are looking for absolute luxury than this place is not for you. But if you are looking for real Dominican life lots of fun and a great location this hotel hits it all. I will definitely stay here again
FYI - not a single problem with locals being taking over the hotel on weekends; if they did I didn't notice. Prostitutes were not a problem, I never saw them on the resort but saw a couple in town, no big deal they were not bothersome and its not like the town is crawling with them. And on that note, women who have to sell their bodies for sex is definitely something that we as global citizens should concern ourselves with and many are under age, instead of being all uppity because there are some prostitutes find out what you can do to help end human trafficking. Sorry I digress now back to the review. I was not bothered once for a timeshare. The people who are selling their wares are simply providing a service and earning a living and they were not that bothersome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank need_for_travel
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is a good for smokers. They cigarette smoking are everywhere: at the table during the food consumption, at the beach, at the amphitheater. Because of higher humidity the rooms are smelling nicotine. You cannot find a place to sit on a bench where is not smoking smell....maybe in swim pool only. The rooms are poor decorated with wholes on a sheers. After 9pm a lot of noise of the drunk guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank vyborg55
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I don't really understand all bad reviews, this hotel is really good value for your money. It only depends what you are looking for.
Our room was always clean and tidy, we had fresh towels and bottles of water every day. Food was good and we had a choice from three restaurants and one buffet style restaurant which had a different menu every day. Three or four bars to choose from, fantastic beer and very friendly staff.
There were two or three days when locals came to the resort to sell their souvenirs and it was little bit annoying, but I guess this is just typical thing for locals who live in a beautiful but still poor country and need to earn every penny.
We traveled as a couple trying to explore surrounded areas even by ourselves. It was exciting and fascinating to see a different life apart from the one in holiday resorts. If you're travelling to Puerto Plata, look for a local guy called Rudy (from New York haha) and he's gonna give a perfect show around of the city. For a little tip, of course, but it was worth it, we had a cracking pictures, nice memories and we weren't bothered with local people with him on our side. And it's still cheaper to go to Puerto Plata by yourself than to pay for it in a travel agency.
There's one thing we weren't satisfied with, though. For such a poor country, all outside trips were a bit too expensive for us. And of course, you could have anything you want if you tip everyone. Make sure you have enough dollars for everyone on your holiday.
But overall I can say we enjoyed ourselves very much but I'd practise my Spanish bit more next time :-)

Room Tip: I guess the type of room depends what travel agency you're travelling with. We had a garden view and we could see a bit of the sea, but we prefered this as it was very cosy and quiet room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple