“Simply amazing!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Monkey Jungle and Zipline Adventure from Puerto Plata
Ranked #1 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Sosua
More attraction details
Owner description: Monkey Jungle is located between Sosua and Cabarete, just 9 km up El Choco Road. It is the home to almost 30 squirrel and capuchin monkeys and includes a 7 station 4500 foot ACCT certified zip line. Enjoy the breathtaking view spanning over 290 acre working farm and the home of the free Monkey Jungle medical/dental clinic.Profits from the Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventures is used to fund the free on site clinics. Check out why we have been listed as number one on Trip Advisor since we opened in 2010. Reservations recommended and ages 2 to 89 have participated. Zip Line Adventures caters to guests with special needs.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simply amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I would recommend Monkey Jungle to anyone. First of all, this non profit runs a medical and dental clinic for people in need. The facilities are amazing. Not to mention the amazing experience of feeding squirrel monkies in the most beautiful habitat I've ever seen for captive animals. I can't describe the feeling of having them jump on your head and walk down your arm with the most soft touch to grab fruit or nuts from the plate of food you are given. The zip lining was the highlight. Before you go, the guides explain how to navigate the ziplines focusing on safety. The guides are fun and engaging, especially Bob Marley, obviously excited about what they do, and make sure you are comfortable and having a great time. Even if you are fearful of taking the line alone the guides will go with you so you feel more comfortable. To say the least, it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend Monkey Jungle to anyone. :)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank kandrnk

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was one of my favorite experiences ziplining ever! The Monkey Jungle adventures was really unique and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a fantastic time in the Dominican Republic ! What's even more incredible is that these zipline adventures are handicap accessible ! The profit from this place even goes to help fund a medical and dental clinic in the Dominican, so you know that it's for a good cause. :) Well worth the price.

Also, I can assure you that the ziplining was by far the best experience I've ever had. The guides were wonderful, particularly Lesly ! He definitely caught me a couple of times when I didn't brake fast enough ! You are safe in his hands and you can count on him and the other guides to keep you safe throughout your experience.

1 Thank AmandaLucht
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I came to this tour for the ziplining attraction, it turned out to be so much more. The ziplining was awesome, the tour guides made you feel comfortable even though I was extremely nervous. I also learned that the proceed from the ziplining & Monkey Jungle tour went to sponsor a free clinic aiding people with their medical & dental needs. Not only was I having fun but I was helping people at the same time. It was amazing.

1 Thank Sacha D
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recommend that everyone who comes to Dominican Republic visits Monkey Jungle! This place is just amazing. We first went to feed the monkeys, who are so cute and will jump all over you to get their food (but very softly). We then did the zip line challenge which was brilliant! I thought I was going to be too scared however the guys showing us were great and they made us feel really safe and relaxed. More importantly this place is there to support a medical centre that has been opened to offer free treatment to locals. So when you visit, not only do you have a fantastic time but you also support the charity!

Nassau, New Providence Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Have always wanted to try zip line. No fear of heights but have fear of falling. Monkey Jungle is fully ACCT certified. Quality of their equipment, and staff could not be better. Our guides for the experience, Pierre (Coby Briant), Lesley (crusher) and Denson (Eddy Murphy) were absolutely fantasic and made the experience a complete pleasure in every way. They were not only very professional but were very much a part of of the overall fun time entertainment.

I would strongly urge anyone visiting this area of D.R. to go and enjoy this incredible experience!

1 Thank gjohnst