“Great Time”

and up
Monkey Jungle and Zipline Adventure from Puerto Plata
Ranked #1 of 16 Outdoor Activities in Sosua
More attraction details
Owner description: Monkey Jungle is located between Sosua and Cabarete, just 9 km up El Choco Road. It is the home to almost 30 squirrel and capuchin monkeys and includes a 7 station 4500 foot ACCT certified zip line. Enjoy the breathtaking view spanning over 290 acre working farm and the home of the free Monkey Jungle medical/dental clinic.Profits from the Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventures is used to fund the free on site clinics. Check out why we have been listed as number one on Trip Advisor since we opened in 2010. Reservations recommended and ages 2 to 89 have participated. Zip Line Adventures caters to guests with special needs.
Peterborough, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Monkey Jungle was cool, monkey climb all over you had great time zip lining first time great instructors. Nolitours transortation sucked read full review.

1 Thank Rick K

Mississauga, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was to support a health centre for the poor!

Zip lining was a new experience and very fun, quite a workout!

Monkeys were awesome! Squirrel monkeys jump all over you and eat your plate of food!

1 Thank CATHY D
Winnipeg
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kudos to Monkey Jungle for Their Good Work”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I just want to comment on the good work Monkey Jungle is doing for the Dominican and Haitian folks. The proceeds that those operations bring in go towards the dental and medical clinics that are provided free to the locals. Kudos to Chuck for the work he is doing there and also to Jerry who manages the clinic.
As far as the attraction goes it is the best and tons of fun. The guides are super fun and are properly trained to make sure it is safe.
If you are in the Sosua, Puerto Plata, Cabrete area you don't want to miss this excursion.

Berlin, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Monkey Jungle”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I was a little skeptical about zip lining ay my age, but the friendly staff addressed my concerns and made me feel comfortable. The equipment appears to be very up to date and they have been given several awards and certificates for safety. The staff is very entertaining, but are all about safety. The day is divided into two activities: Monkey Jungle and the zip lines. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite because I truly enjoyed them both. They also have a snack bar that serves hot dogs, candy, beer, etc. the nice surprise was learning about the free dental care the place offers to the poor..the ticket sale proceeds go directly to the clinic.

1 Thank Michael K
Boston, MA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Adorable monkeys!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

1.) Monkey Jungle - AMAZING!! You get a plate of fruit and nuts and you go into the monkey jungle and the most adorable monkeys come up and walk all over you and take the food. They were so cute and friendly and there were adorable babie monkeys attached to the mother's backs. There were peacocks and iguanas too as well as some more aggressive monkeys in a large enclosure which you get to see but not touch that we very fun to watch. The staff were super friendly and all around this was an amazing experience that I would do again in a heart beat!

2.) Zip Line - Pretty cool first time ziplining experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our group was pretty large so I did get frustrated because we spent a lot of time waiting around for the other people to go. There were a couple lines where there was some brush that would scratch you but nothing serious and I am not sure if that is typical of ziplining as this was my first time. I felt very safe the whole time and the guides seemed very serious about all the safety instructions.

3.) General/Shuttle to and from hotel - terrible shuttle experience. My sister and I were staying at the Riu Merengue which was the first hotel to pick up (7am). We then were driven around to about 5 other hotels and made a stop at the office to pick up water and soda. The whole thing seemed rather unorganized and at one point a second bus showed up and people were shuffled around. When we asked the driver how much longer he kept telling us this is the last stop (when it was not at all the last stop) or twenty minutes (when it was much longer than that). We finally arrived at the monkey jungle at 10 am (on the bus for 3 hours!!). That felt ridiculous to me and was easily the worst shuttle experience I've had. Since we had to depart our hotel at 7 (before breakfast started) we did not get to eat until around 2pm (no food is included in the tour). We ended up buying a $5 can of potato chips which was such a rip off but we were desperate.
Overall the tour was fun and I would recommend it if your hotel is close by and you don't have to endure a long shuttle experience.

1 Thank CMPVacation