“Don't Miss This!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Monkey Jungle and Zipline Adventure from Puerto Plata
Ranked #1 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Sosua
More attraction details
Owner description: Monkey Jungle is located between Sosua and Cabarete, just 9 km up El Choco Road. It is the home to almost 30 squirrel and capuchin monkeys and includes a 7 station 4500 foot ACCT certified zip line. Enjoy the breathtaking view spanning over 290 acre working farm and the home of the free Monkey Jungle medical/dental clinic.Profits from the Monkey Jungle and Zip Line Adventures is used to fund the free on site clinics. Check out why we have been listed as number one on Trip Advisor since we opened in 2010. Reservations recommended and ages 2 to 89 have participated. Zip Line Adventures caters to guests with special needs.
New Canaan, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and kids (10 and 13) were looking for something to do beyond another beach day. We went to Monkey Jungle and had the most fun and memorable time of our whole trip. Do not despair over the drive there on a mostly unpaved road for 20 minutes or so. When you get there, you have a beautiful vista of the jungle landscape. The guides on the zip lines are very funny and safety-conscious. You are actually secured by two lines, one on each cable. And if you have a young kid who is nervous, they can ride with the guides themselves. The first two of the 7 zip lines are the easiest. 3, 4 and 5 get are faster and great fun. Between 6 and 7 is a free fall you do into a cave. Not as scary as it sounds. And you also get to cross two suspension bridges. You feel exhilarated when done. We had a good lunch there and the fully stocked bar was a pleasant surprise. The owners are amazing people, providing free medical clinic for the island. Bring pesos or dollars as you cannot charge this. To do zip lines and the monkey jungle cost a bit over $200 for four people. Going in to see the squirrel monkeys was beyond amazing. They climbed on our heads and arms and were so friendly and cute. They have 23 monkeys right now and you get to feed them all peanuts, sunflowers and fruit. Do not miss Monkey Jungle!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank QMS

Iowa Falls, Iowa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun that helps others”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have zip lined once before and this is always a great time. The guides all are from Haiti and have fun all day long zip lining with their guests. At the end of the runs you are able to feed squirrel monkeys who believe you are there for their entertainment. I was very surprised as to how soft their hands and feet were.
What may be the best part of the trip is the fact that the profits from the adventure go to Haitian and Dominican medical relief. If you want to have a great time and help folks at the same time, this is the place to go.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank John W
Coventry, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you go, don't worry that the road will never end! Eventually you will arrive. You will know it as you will see the clinic on the hill to your right and long lines of people waiting to get in. The entrance is just past on your right. Know that all your fees go to support the clinic that is free to locals and I am sure many of them have to walk a long way to get there. The zipline has 7 sections (maybe it was 6) with the scariest being # 3 as it was the longest & fastest & you had to "break hard". But that being said, not too scary. One in our group just could not get the hang of it (he kept letting go of the cable) so then a guide went with him. If you feel more comfortable doing it that way you can just ask. I was a bit worried about the jump off the platform, especially after the 10 year old girl yelled up "that was horrible!". However I did it & there was nothing to it so if you are scared just go ahead & jump! You don't plummet like in a free fall. More like a controlled drop. The monkeys were great. Just 2 of us with the guide in there so we had a lot of interaction & they are so cute! Also saw a huge iguana in there. Highly recommend this trip & leave plenty of time & remember to tip the guides as I'm sure they don't earn much.

2 Thank joanna w
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What an experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

While in the Dominican we visited the Monkey Jungle and enjoyed an afternoon of interaction with Monkeys and an amazing zip lining adventure. The staff are great and so informative and the monkeys are so endearing. To be able to have a squirel monkey eat right off your shoulder is a memory I will treasure. We loved watching George smooze with the ladies and show off to the men. What a personality that little "monkey" has!! I loved hearing about what is done with the proceeds from this adventure and wish the founders much success in meeting the needs of all those who come to the supported dental/medical clinic. This was my first experience Ziplining so for me it was AMAZING!! Cave jumping was a bit scary but what a thrill when I did it!! I would recommend this to anyone. We bought the CD and I was so impressed that when it wouldn't work, they had a new copy to me by the next morning. Awesome service. Go and enjoy and give the monkeys a cantelope from me!! Well worth the money. I would have done it again had we had the time to do so.

2 Thank Lori233
Ottawa, Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Do it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We did this tour with the Bavaro Runners. The zipline employees are great and the zipline itself is great. The drop into the little cave is awesome. I almost chickened out but so glad I did it.

The monkeys will steal your hearts. I already miss George!!

Good times and a good cause.

2 Thank Alice669