“Add To Your Bucket List !!”
Review of Rancho Lobo Gris

Rancho Lobo Gris
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family and me went to Rancho Lobo Gris in march 2013. We met the owner Daniel and his partner Christine which are two very nice, friendly, welcoming people.

The tour begins when they pick you up and a meeting point, in our case was our restaurant, and take you on this adventure to get to Rancho Lobo Gris, which is inland.on arrival we could see this amazing Cabaña that they have built which looks amazing ! Soon after its "get on ya horse and ride time !" as you venture into the mountains ridding on a horse, which are very well trained. Few hours later we were back at the ranch eating food then, off we were to see some waterfalls and zip line. The waterfalls and Zip line were AMAZING ! everyone in our family loved it ! and if you have the guts for it you can jump 30 ft into the water. Simona and the other staff members were also very professional and friendly.

To sum up, it was an all round amazing experience for my girlfriend and me. What a great place and a great trip. It is a MUST DO !

4  Thank Junior S

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Rancho Lobo Gris in February and had the best day of the entire trip. They are well organized, knowledgable, a so much fun! We were 2 grandparents, daughter and grand daughter. We would recommend this to ppl of any age and experience.
AND would definitely do it again and again! But, please when you book...take the whole day not just half...
Thanks a bunch to Daniel, Christina, and Simona! We wish you all the best and hope to someday experience your Colorado ranch.

1  Thank Janis W
Reviewed March 27, 2013

i visited the Lobo Gris ranch with my family and we experienced a fantastic fun day . the first 40 mins getting there is an adventure as you see alot of scenery and villages that you would not see normally as you climb inland towards the mountains and to the ranch, which has the wow factor. The owner Daniel who collected us from sosua, has created his own paradise there, and i could tell from the genuine personality of him and all his staff there it is not just a business, but a passion and joy to share with all of his clients who i imagine become friends as we did. The villa he has built on the ranch is a fabulous construction of timber and natural materials to be admired and you are welcomed immediately by Cristina and Simona who help run the ranch and their lovely dogs and i was lucky to be able to go in the paddock and feed the foals that were running around. what i really liked was that there was no time line, no pressure to start, we relaxed and had a chat and coffee too !unlike alot of places here in the dr the horses are looked after very well and all the staff will tell you about there personalities and why they have selected a particular horse to suit you as a person and your riding ability , we ranged from compete beginner to advanced riders, and each of us had the perfect partner, and they work really hard , so take bananas with you they love them!!. we rode for about 2 hours through amazing landscape and streams, up into the mountains with stunning views, and for the more adventurous were given lots of opportunities to gallop flat out like a cowboy!
even my 13 year old daughter who rides english style and has never been on a western saddle was unstoppable!! We had a break back at the ranch for lunch and Daniel, Simona and Cristina all joined us which was nice to chat and laugh about our antics, and how we thought we were doing. after lunch was the ride to the waterfalls which there are two with lagoons to swim in or zip line which we all enjoyed and the water was wonderfull to cool down in and all the staff joined in too so it was great fun. When we returned we had a drink and a chat with everyone and we left feeling like we were all friends , and had had a great adventure. I recommend taking towels and a change of clothes, suncream high factor, and repellant , hats are a good idea when it is a hot and sunny, but take it off if your galloping because they fly off!!

2  Thank sally j
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were given a tip about Rancho Lobo Gris by the owner of Sinatra's so we decided to check it out. It was so worth it. Simona picked us up at our hotel and brought us out to the ranch which is about 40 minutes or so from Sosua. Daniel and Christina's approach to riding lessons is very unique and is amazing at how well it applied to riding as well as life. We went on horse back through the mountains with spectacular scenery (and this is not you usual slow single file line of riders that you would normally encounter at a riding stable). Going on this ride is really stepping outside your comfort zone and very exhilarating! After a long ride through the country side and taking in the breath taking scenery, we went back to the ranch and had a delicious lunch and discussed what we had learned and taken away from the experience. Once lunch was over we were back on the horses and rode to a water fall where we were able to jump off the rocks into a deep pool. The next water fall we came to had an even higher rock but we didn't have to jump from it as there is a zip line that you can ride straight into the water. It was loads of fun. I also enjoyed sitting under the water fall. The whole day was fun and exhilarating. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different. Did I mention that this is not your typical hotel excursion. This is a private excursion so you are not stuck with 30 other tourists being loaded off and on buses. You become a part of the most beautiful scenery you will ever see and not just an observer from the window of a moving bus. Many of their horses are rescues and have been transformed by the team into very beautiful strong horses. One more thing, the two young Dominican boys that they have taken under their wing are the sweetest young boys and so helpful. If you are in Sosua I highly recommend you contact Rancho Lobo Gris, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've been thinking what to write about my time at the Ranch... ...it's appeal satisfies all the senses that we know of - and lingers inside the soul to caress the ones we don't (yet).

There is no greater feeling, I believe, than connection...to our surroundings, other people, other creatures...this Ranch and those who are a part of the Ranch truly connect. You see this and feel this on every level.

I imagine that if you are a person who loves to ride and wants to experience amazing scenery and breathtaking sights of natural, raw beauty - this would be the place.
I imagine that if you are a person who is looking for a safe and knowledgeable ranch with which to learn to ride; this would be the place with the bonus of the above mentioned sights and scenery.
I also imagine that if you are someone who is looking deeper still, and wants and/or needs an experience that shatters all personal perceptions...that this is the place to experience that - plus you get the scenery/riding lessons/freedom to ride that will make this a place you will want to return to.

I think one may go to the DR to experience this Ranch - not experience this Ranch because they are in the DR... ..at least that's how I see it.

Many thanks to Simona, Daniel, the boys, the wonderful cook and the horse who taught me - Precious (I cannot remember how to say Precious in Spanish)...
...there's a lot of love at this Ranch
Many thanks,