“Eclectic, Original Thai Cuisine”

Thai Restaurant Chili
Ranked #42 of 110 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love Sosua and the different cultures that pour into this little town, so when I heard about a Thai restaurant I wasn't surprised. What did surprise me was THIS restaurant! It's located off a windy, dark dirt road but when you pull up the atmosphere is very inviting. I've never been to Thailand but I would guess this is what I would eat if I ever went, this is definitely not your average Pad Thai and Drunken Noodle place. We went at night for the Thai Foudue Suki Yaki experience (you have to make reservations 1 day before) and the restaurant is under a huge tiki umbrella with a few tables, it's very quaint. The restaurant is located on a small valley resort (there's about 3 properties you can rent), the pool eluminated the property and it was fun for the kids to play with all the bunnies in the petting zoo but I think their favorite was Ganja (Pascal's loving dog). The owner Pascal is an AWESOME host, he really took his time to welcome us and explain the food experience that we were going to have. He speaks many languages (Spanish, German and English were the ones we heard from him that night) and our waiter (sorry, I forgot his name) was so delightful!! When the food came out it was so FRESH!! All the meats, fish, shrimp, scallops were AMAZING! All the vegetables were organic and came directly from the garden on the property. The actual Fondue Yuki Saki experience was really cool and it let the kids kind of "play with the food" since they were allowed to cook it themselves without burning or harming anyone. The 3 different sauces were great because it gave you a chance to test your palate as they varied in different levels of heat. When I go back to Sosua, I will definitely come back to Thai Restaurant Chili not JUST for the food but for the eclectic atmosphere!!

There are newer reviews for Thai Restaurant Chili

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm going to have to check out the 12 restaurants rated higher than this one (as of June 2013) because I find it hard to believe there are that many better than Chili. The food was fantastic as is the atmosphere. Very relaxed and Pascal is a phenomenal host. We'll be regulars.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a large group that ate there so we made reservations. Getting to the place is a little tricky and even when you get there you still aren't sure but there is a sign. The ambiance is superb. There is a pool close by along with a large fenced in area with rabbits...yep, rabbits. My daughters and I (along with some other friends) had fun trying to catch a rabbit while we were waiting for our food. I don't think rabbit is on the menu...yet. The food was decent. A little pricey for what you get but overall a good experience and I would go back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Some friends we met on Sosua Beach told us about this place and I was immediately skeptical! Thai food in the DR? C'mon! They insisted that I take my girlfriend so we went solely based on their strong recommendation. The restaurant is a bit hard to find as it is located in a residential area in the hills, but it was well worth the effort! We were greeted by a large dog that appeared frightening at first, but quickly became our best friend. We were greeted by the owner who walked us through the menu and recommended some drinks. My girlfriend is a vegetarian, but her meal was as good as mine. I've been to Thailand several times and I was amazed at how authentic the food was, especially compared to what you can get in the US. If you like Thai food you MUST go to this restaurant! The setting is informal and quaint with a great view. There is also a bar area. I recommend this restaurant for couples or people that want to have a nice meal at a fair price. This is a great restaurant compared to other options in the DR, but it truly stands on its' own as a great Thai restaurant! Check it out!

1  Thank Warren W
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Located in the tropical hills of Sosua, this restaurant gives you an Asian feeling, even if you are on the other part of the world. The food is spicy and real because of the chef from Thailand. The owner does a very good job with weekly specials and nice cocktails. Try the mango mojito!!! You also could take out or order for your home party!!!