“Misquoted price or deception?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terra Linda Resort

Terra Linda Resort
Ranked #10 of 28 Sosua B&B and Inns
Jupiter, Florida
“Misquoted price or deception?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We live in the Dominican Republic, about 2 1/2 hours from Sosua. We called and made reservations and were quoted the price of $85 a night - which is pricey for the area but we had heard that it was a nice hotel with a great restaurant, so we booked a room. When we got there and went to check in, we were told that we owed $170 for the night. Turns out that the price was not per ROOM but per person. No way this hotel is worth that kind of money - you can stay at all-inclusive resorts for that kind of price! There are plenty of other hotels in Sosua and Cabarette that are much less expensive and just as nice. We walked out and found a hotel just a block north that had a view of the ocean and was less than half the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dove1219

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

back at terra linda again for the second time,everything was good, nothing that ,I can say bad about this hotel for the solo traveler.I was looking to find something bad but ,I cant.rooms are nice and big, good air condition, good food,you dont have to worry about getting sick eating their food.they just added a pizza shop, good pizza thin crust, brick oven.nice swimming, nice,good guest seem to stay there.close to all the bars, in walking distance to every were to want to go, to the beach,oh nice bed too,mr.willie and the staff take care of their guest very well there, I felt like I was at a four star hotel, and good security also.

Room Tip: choose a room on first floor or second, unless you like climbing stairs, but all room are good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank taz407
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at Terra linda Hotel for 2 weeks.
Pricey,Nice pool. free breakfast good service. very little furniture in room 1 wooden stool, large bed 2 plastic chairs on the balcony that face the swimming pool.key only safe. large closet space. great AC and fan above bed.I did not use the spa. Plenty of massage places outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank sfphototraveller
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Clean, beautiful grounds and pool area, quiet but only 1 block away from all of the action. Rooms are clean, large and very quiet. The rooms are more expensive than other hotels in the area but based on its cleanliness and safety it is definitely worth it. Management and front desk were extremely accommodating and nice.

The only negatives I found are the following: pillows were flat and had to combine them into one, TV was incredibly small, WiFi never worked in the room but was excellent in the courtyard area, and the bathrooms had a permanently opened window with a mesh/screen allowing all of the hot air to come in (kept the bathroom door closed when the AC was on).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank nyujay2010
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here a few times. Pricey , Clean, Friendly Staff and Good restaurant. Good security and closed circuit cameras all over. No problems of any. They need to upgrade in-room safes to digital ones, my only concern. Large spacious room with balcony and large closet space. Down the street from the strip..good location...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank DeeNice707
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at terra linda resort for 7 night,It was a nice hotel in sosua,nice big rooms, good air coindition in rooms,room were well kept,also the ground.all the staff were real nice,I got there at 11am, check in time wasnt until 3pm.nice big swiming pool. food was good , the prices were a little high,grocery store door, got my water and every thing right there.every thing is in walking distance from hotel, girl freindly.nice queen size bed, nothing I can say bad about this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on frist floor , have trees in front of balony, nice veiw bring bug spray.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank taz47
Bristol Rhode Island, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel has many problems. The pool area and restaurant are attractive but the hotel is lacking in room quality overall.

The rooms were dirty. The blanket in my first room reeked of stale tobacco, the replacement blanket reeked of mildew. The bottoms of my feet were black from walking barefoot in the room. At 7:45 AM a loud speaker just 3 feet from my balcony began blaring the "YMCA" song by the Village People. I had no internet service.They changed my room to one across from the bar. They said I would have internet there but I did not. The morning was quieter but the Bar was noisy until 11PM nightly, not a problem for me as I stay out late when on vacation.

The new room that they put me in was a Queen. I paid for a King. They would not refund the difference. They told me to call Hotels.Com when I got home. Which I did and they adjusted my bill. They told me next time I hit something like this to call them and change hotels.

Much of their online room description is incorrect. There are no blackout curtains, ironing boards, clock radios, the ceiling fan exists but doesn't work, etc. The bed in the first room I had was okay. The second room needed a new bed. The air conditioning in both rooms had an on/off switch and no thermostat. It wasn't broken, they were designed that way. Not cold enough in the day time and too cold at nite.

My friends had better rooms for less money a two minute walk from me. I've stayed in many Latin American hotels like this but they charged one third of what I paid here. For these prices I at least expect Comfort Inn quality.

Room Tip: Most rooms front the pool area which is pleasant to look at. They turn on irritating music way too...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank mark_inri

Travelers are raving about these Sosua hotels