1. Staff was very helpful, friendly, sincere.
2. Rooms were very clean, white linens, large, balconies, safes in room, air conditioned.
3. Food was pretty good. Coffee was great.
4. Drinks were strong (maybe too strong).
5. Close to town - you can walk to night life which is ok, but good for people watching.
6. Can walk to 1 of 2 beaches.
7. $$ not bad per person.
1. Cleaning staff, although very nice, are very loud, shouting down the hall at each other. It made napping impossible.
2. The men who go to Sosua for sex can unfortunately make you a little sick because if you have the misfortune to be located near them you hear them being disgusting all night long.
3. While the staff is super nice, I got the feeling that there are sankies (do a google search) there. Basically they are resort workers who prey on foreigners who appear to be easier targets because they are single and may be susceptible to romance. Being single myself, I was targeted but I knew what was going on so I just enjoyed the extra attention. So just be aware. If someone calls you "his love", is half your age (ha ha), wishes you felt for him what he feels for you (the guilt card), and so on, it's a scam. They won't ask for money, they may ask for sex, but the long term goal is to have a multi-year friendship/romance that will produce you volunteering to offer gifts of money when he or his family run into various struggles. Seems pretty obvious that this would be easy to spot, but when one is on vacation, it's very easy to overlook the obvious. ;-)
4. I thought the food was overpriced.
But, all in all, a decent place with really nice staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terra Linda Boutique Hotel, Un Paraiso Para Familias Situado En El Corazon De Sosua. Calle Dr. Rosen #26 El Batey Sosua. We Give You As Much Or As Little As You Need, Terra Linda Resort Simply Beautiful. A La Carte Breakfast Included. Scotch 'n' Sirloin Restaurant At Terra Linda Hotel. The House Of The Black Angus Beef. Calle Dr. Rosen #26 El Batey Sosua Republica Dominicana. Ps. We Have 2x1 Drinks Everyday At Poolside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Terra Linda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terra Linda Hotel Sosua