“Great Service!”

Northern Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover scuba diving in the warm, clear waters of the Dominican Republic. Diving excursions and customized private charters are available 7 days a week. Our multilingual PADI instructors teach courses from beginner to instructor. There are a multitude of beautiful dive sites and calm, clear conditions almost every day! Want to snorkel? We offer snorkeling excursions every afternoon. An aquatic adventure for the whole family! Private charters for that very special occasion can be arranged, groups can be accommodated. Upscale private trips to Paradise Island are offered to groups of at least 4.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My group came to Northern Coast diving early in the morning needing a snorkel trip. Normally the company doesn't do their snorkel trips into the afternoon, but right away they figured out how to get us on a boat!

The staff was extremely professional and friendly and spoke excellent English, which put us right at home. The company has safe lockers to store possessions and is very neat and organized. Our guide was extremely knowledgable of the area and went out of her way to point out different fish and coral species using an easy to read chart. We spend PLENTY of time at our snorkel site and really felt like the trip was easily worth $30 USD per person. Free water was offered to us on our return trip.

The shop was not particularly busy and they went out of their way to give us a custom snorkel experience. Would recommend this to anyone looking to snorkel or dive around Sosúa.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our group had a reservation for snorkeling and scuba diving. I changed my mind at the last minute and they graciously accommodated me! I took the Dive class and what a wonderful experience! Spyro, my instructor, was very patient and made sure I thoroughly understood all the beginning maneuvers and hand signals in a pool. Then out to the ocean! What a breathtaking view! The schools of fish and sea life everywhere! Spyro stayed close by at all times and kept a close watch on me. The rates are quite reasonable and the equipment well maintained. They take their job and your safety seriously. A "must do" while in Sosua!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Knowledgeable, fun and interesting...try finding a pirate ship wreck and hunt for colourful fish. Great day out in Sosua and on the Beach.

1  Thank CabareteKarin
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Let me start by saying I was initially worried how this experience would turn out due to a financial snafu before we even arrived. But Mike is an utmost professional, so that issue was settled immediately.
I will next say that I have never experienced "valet" diving in my life. I am used to schlepping all my gear all the time. Not so here. Every morning we arrived and our gear was already at the boat and set up, allowing us a completely relaxing experience. Sousa is not the most glamorous underwater experience I have ever had, but that does not reflect on the dive shop. The topography is stunning, the coral is mostly dead and there aren't a lot of critters. It was sad to see how much trash and fishing line there was down there.
The Staff----Alejandro, Luca (who rescued my mask when it decided to go diving alone), and Luke are the BEST! Luis who drove the boat and helped me with my gear is awesome. Robert and Mike who came along on the wreck dive, what a great time that was. Robert was a hoot. Had me snorting bubbles during most of our 2nd dive.
On our 2nd day we had family with us who were novice divers and they catered the dive to them without dulling the experience for the rest of us. It takes a real pro to do that. The groups are small, so this isn't like the resort cattle call boats. I prefer to dive in small groups so this was perfect for me.
All-in-all, a wonderful experience that I would recommend and would definitely return to if I were in the area again.

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

First I want to say that the staff is of the highest caliber. Safety is paramount to NCD. IF you are determined to dive in Sosua than these are your folks.

Having said that; the diving was not of high quality. Sosua bay is not pretty. The sites are overgrown with sediment and trash is ALL OVER the bay. The $200 they charged my wife and I for a 2 tank dive was far more than I paid for much better dives along the southern shore.

So while they are the best shop in the area, I would refrain from recommending diving the north to experienced divers. Save your money and dive around Santo Domingo.

1  Thank Cessna4735