“Great staff and interesting snorkel sites”

Northern Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover scuba diving in the warm, clear waters of the Dominican Republic. Diving excursions and customized private charters are available 7 days a week. Our multilingual PADI instructors teach courses from beginner to instructor. There are a multitude of beautiful dive sites and calm, clear conditions almost every day! Want to snorkel? We offer snorkeling excursions every afternoon. An aquatic adventure for the whole family! Private charters for that very special occasion can be arranged, groups can be accommodated. Upscale private trips to Paradise Island are offered to groups of at least 4.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great staff and interesting snorkel sites”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff did a great job helping the kids, finding easy to snorkel sites and providing extra snorkels and other gear. Very professional place--and shade on the boat for those who got out early.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Liz V

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“first class service”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My name is Chris from Canada. We have just built a new villa in Cabarete. I have done scuba once as a non certified diver and loved it. I will get my accreditation now that we will be near the ocean often in DR. My experience with Northern Coast Diving was on January 4th 2013. I took my two teenagers (experienced snorklers) and my girlfriend out for a day of snorkling, to get a feel for the level of professionalism before chosing to dive with Northern. The owner Michael was very upbeat and booking was a snap. The next day our guide Michaella (from Italy) gave us a quick orientation and off we went. She was fantastic. She is an experienced diver and I will ask if she can give us our accreditation course. The day in Sosua bay was wonderful. Michaella made it interesting even for very experienced divers, thanks so much!!

1 Thank ChrisRosen
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Couldn't have asked for a better time!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I just received our Open Water PADI Certification at Northern Coast Diving with the instruction of Ron (Jan 2013). It was my first time ever scuba diving, and I was slightly nervous when we jumped in the pool, but that quickly subsided with the help of everyones encouragement, and the professional, yet relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. Everything went so smooth and our four dives were amazing. The area is beautiful and the vibe at Northern Coast is just as wonderful. Both my boyfriend and I continue to say that we couldn't have had a better instructor, chosen a better diving company, or a had better time than we did with Ron at Northern Coast Diving. I hope we can come back again!

1 Thank Jessica B
Raleigh, North Carolina
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fun dive experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were staying near Cabarate and Northern Coast Diving arranged a trip for us out of Rio San Juan which was much closer to us than Sousa. The dive leader met us at the lagoon in Rio San Juan. It was a great experience as it was just me and my husband so we got lots of personal attention from the dive leader. We had a short ride out through the mangroves to the ocean. We dove 2 sties: La Roca and La Piscina. The coral was in good shape. La Roca had swim throughs around rocks. Our dive leader did a great job of pointing out fish and interesting sites.

2 Thank Diane B
Newmarket, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice Dive”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have dived with North Coast on many occasions over the past few years. Very friendly, very efficient group of people.

1 Thank DavidENewmarket