“Burgers, Chicken wings and Coke”

Jolly Roger Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: American, British, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Jolly Rogers is run by Kelly and Patty, two delightful Canadians. I have had the burger, excellent and the french fries perfect. The chicken wings I ordered the 20 pieces and was expecting the American style chicken wings, boy was I surprised - these weren't just wings these were pieces of chicken, wings, and the drumettes are the size of drumsticks.

I am a fan of American Coca Cola, most people are not aware that Coke has different flavors through the world, and the Coke here in DR is the genuine stuff, At JR's it doesn't come out of a soda gun it comes right out of the bottle (note I said bottle not a can - and yes there is different in taste).

JR also has nights for quizzes, karaoke night. and other fun nights. Even without the entertainment I keep going back because it is a fun place to be. If you need a comparison it's kind of like a DR version of "Cheers".

You will meet fun people here from all over the world.

But if you're a complainer stay home.

1  Thank GeraldWennerstr... W
There are newer reviews for Jolly Roger Bar & Grill

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We enjoyed our first visit to the Jolly Roger. The owners are friendly and make you feel at home. food is good and reasonably priced. It has a nice feel with a big local Ex-Pat following apparently. We would have given it five stars but the tables and plastic chairs just seem to be needing some upgrading a little as you want a bit of a pub feel for a place called the Jolly Roger. Saying that, we do recommend that you visit. And the beer was ice cold! A definite plus!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great time hanging out here on my recent stay in Sosua. The CANADIAN owners Patty and Kelly are great people and their staff are lots of fun. We met lots of expats who make this their hangout spot and they are very friendly( hey Mic). The food and drinks were great and the late night golf cart rides with Kelly were a lot of fun. We had some very late nights hanging out with Kelly who showed us the town. So if you are in Sosua and want a break from the noisy clubs down the street go and see Patty and Kelly at the Jolly Roger.I will be back the next time I am in Sosua
Mark

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stopped at the Jolly Roger because I needed a shirt and it was late and everything was closed.
I met the owner, a cute, blonde Canadian lady who was VERY friendly and helpful.
Great little open air, road side bar right on the main strip there in downtown Sosua.
I would strongly suggest stopping in if you are in need of a little English or have questions about the area.
Friendly people, cold beer, good food

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great place with good character, service was good, food looked good and music was mixed, popular with ex-pats and tourists