“Great Tour...”
Review of Njoy tours - CLOSED

Njoy tours
More attraction details
Owner description: One of a kind! Funfilled daytrip incl. deep sea fishing (high catching rates) or horseback riding through Dominican villages. Afternoon program includes Gri Gri mangrove, snorkeling, and tubing all in 1 day. We leave from the beautiful Playa Magante beach, which is located 50 min from Sosua. Why choose us? Small groups, personal attention, crew speaks English, German, Dutch, French and Spanish. Pickups from Puerto Plata, Sosua, Cabarete to Rio San Juan. You won't be disappointed.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Winnipeg
“Great Tour...”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

In February my wife, kids and I took the Njoy Tours excursion and we chose the horseback ride. It was great! The owner “Julie” along with a Dominican guide took us along the beach and into the hills. Our rest point was a small store in a really small village. We took a break, had a cola and my kids played a little “pool” with the locals. After lunch we got into the boat with several other people who were on the horse tour with us and headed out for an afternoon of fun and sun. My kids had a blast tubing behind the boat. This was money well spent.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day, the best of my 7 days in the DR”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We just spent a week in the Dominican Republic Near Sosua and Cabarete and took the day tour with Njoy Tours. This tour was really great. I talked my wife into the fishing and boat tour and she was glad I nagged her to do it. She caught her fish fish ever a small black tuna. I was lucky and managed a decent sized King Mackeral, my first ocean fish! After a nice lunch, we took the boat down the coast for site seeing, snorkeling and tubing. They took us by boat into a place full of Mangroves, birds and we even saw a seas turtle. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

Visited March 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of the best fishing trips I have had.”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great experience, highly recommend NJ tours. Can not wait to return for more hand lining.

Kelowna, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Everything I expected!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

All of the reviews are true and this was a wonderful day for us despite some unexpected changes which Greg handled very well. We chose to do the horse back riding which I would recommend to anyone - Greg, Lenny and the other gentleman whose name I can't recall provided us with a wonderful day and Lenny went out of his way to do special things for us like picking a cocoa plant and fresh local mandarins. I would also like to thank the lady who owns the store where we sat down for some pop and some pool with the locals for welcoming us into her home and allowing us to spend time with her family!

Unfortunately, in the afternoon the waves would not permit us to do snorkeling or the lagoon and although disappointed we were still taken out on the boat to be sure it wasn't a possibility before cancelling (which was nice in itself). We will definitely be back if we go to Puerto Plata again to complete this tour. Greg & Julie were very accommodating and reimbursed us (almost to fairly) for the change in plans. A big thank you to Peter as well with your cheerful personality and your wealth of knowledge!

1 Thank fragglefish
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We had a full and exciting day”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

During the fishing section of the day, we were caught by an unexpected storm, almost like a little Kona. The seas rose to 6-8 foot and the wind gusted at 35mph plus. Things got a bit intense for a while but nobody freaked out. We even assisted a local fishing vessel with 3 men aboard. Their boat was dead in the water and the boat captain not only repaired their rope tow connection, but also towed them ashore over 2-3 miles from shore. i am almost certain he saved them from disaster.
Once ashore we had a decent lunch and went on a tour of the local area, resplendent with snorkeling and a cruise into a fascinating water tributary.
The to top it off we landed at a beautiful little bay ideal for swimming and were provided with virgin pina coladas as neither of us drink alcohol. On the way back to the shore we decided without a doubt that we would do it again. Like i said above, "we had a full and exciting day."

Visited January 2012