“great experience”

Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Casa 21 is part of the Boutique B&B Casa Veintiuno. We are open from Wednesday thru Sunday. Open for dinner from 6:00PM until 10:00PM. If you are looking for fine dining in a quiet,trendy and romantic atmosphere, this is the place to be in Sosua. We are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. Our menu can be found on our FB page Casa 21.
Geel
“great experience”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Saskia and Marc are great and friendly hosts. The food was as expected very good. Not too big portions but just as it should be. Presentation was perfect. We had a great time.

The ambiance and setting of Casa Veintiuno was magnificant. We as Belgians always have high hopes for gourmet kitchens and they were fulfilled here.

As an extra it was great to taste food with a Belgian touch, if you close your eyes you would think you are at home :-)

ps: Thanks again Saskia for the fantastic architectural tips ;-)

Roger & Ira

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rogervu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Not Too Much To Say”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We are spoiled because we live here and Casa Veintiuno is nearby. The truth is there are many places to eat that are really good here, The problem is that Casa Veintiuno is consistently GREAT! Therefore, NOT TOO MUCH TO SAY!! If you want 'GREAT' then Saskia and Marc are the people to visit OFTEN and NO disappointments. Dom

1 Thank GDOMP
nova scotia
“it sucked”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Not what we expected.the portions were very small...all 4 of use were sadly disappointed None of us will every go back...the service and the waiter were something else........dont do it dont go....save your money.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank trinitybay48
Saskia21, Owner at Restaurant Casa Veintiuno, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Misses,

I was very surprised to read your review and apologize if you were not satisfied with your dinner. It was shocking to me to read that you found the portions small and did not like the service. We work with the same staff since the beginning and generally this means something.
I would have preferred that you had mentioned to me that you did not like the food the day you were here because we could have done something about it.
I don't know who you are so it is difficult for me to find out what you have ordered and what went wrong but I try to go to every table to ask if everything is all right. If you don't tell me the truth that there is something wrong with your order at that time, there is nothing I could have done to make your dinner experience here worth while. Unfortunately now it is too late to do something about it. I appreciate your opinion because to me it is important that every customer tells me what they think. I just would have liked it to know the day itself.
My sincere apologies for not having a wonderful dinner at our Casa 21.
Saskia
Dominican Republic
“The Best Night Out Ever!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and our friends went for dinner at Casa Veintiuno last week and it was such an amazing experience. We live in the area and it was a nice "get away" place. You walk in and you are immediately put at ease. The area is very special and is filled with a relaxed feeling. It was such a nice outing compared to the fast pace we are so use to!! I have heard so many lovely things about Marc and Saskia-they are awesome people who will welcome you with open arms. The service and food was out of this world. Man! I can't wait until I can go again for another great meal. Thanks for making our night out so special and we are looking forward to many more in the near future.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Plexico1
Florida
“5-star experience”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I ate here several nights while staying at one of the suites at this place. I'm so glad we stayed here because it made having dinner here so convenient...and this was absolutely our favorite place to eat in Sosua. The food is created with such care that it is obvious when you eat it. The presentation, taste and selection of the menu items is all top notch. One of our favorite entrees was the beef filet, which was cooked perfectly and accompanied by a very flavorful mushroom sauce. We also particularly enjoyed the gazpacho, lasagna, beef and vegetable soup and the creme brulee. Not one thing that we ordered was a disappointment. And the price is so reasonable relative to the quality of the food. I would easily have payed more to get this kind of food just about anywhere (including the DR). This place is a gem and I'm sad that a place like this doesn't exist in my city. My compliments to chef Marc!

A few other things to note...the ambiance is upscale but casual and very relaxing. The seating area for the restaurant/bar are covered but also open to the pool and garden. This place is ideal for a romantic dinner, group meal or a single person dining alone as the owners are very welcoming and gracious. The staff is also very friendly and efficient. They give you just enough space to enjoy your meal and not feel hurried but also are prompt with service. If you are traveling through this area or live here, TRY THIS PLACE!

Visited August 2012