“Casaveintiuno, a dreamplace”

and 1 more site!
Casa Veintiuno
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Sosua
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Once more (this is our third time), we had a wonderful stay at Casaveintinuo (for 10 days, too short!!), where Saskia and Marc and the friendly staff provided a first class service!!! This is realy a dreamplace for whom is looking for the perfect hideaway. Nice stay, very nice people, cute hometown. Wonderful food in there restaurant and good drinks! I could go on and on about how great the place is but honestly, if you're looking for somewhere to go where you can relax, unwind, have your every need taken care of and eat some fantastic food then just book in at Casa Veintiuno! Enjoy the mojito's and the exclusive KING CRAB.... in a delicious bouillon.
Carine & Bruno (Belgium)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BEEVEE001

Reviewed October 25, 2012

When researching where to stay in the Dominican for my honeymoon, I came across Casa Veintiuno which at the time was the #1 place to stay in Sosua......by the time we arrived for our honeymoon it was ranked as the #1 place to stay in the whole of the Dominican and it's not hard to understand why!! I felt as if Saskia and Marc were already old friends due to our emails back and forth and Saskia reassured me that I would be able to completely relax and unwind after the stress of wedding planning.

I had explained the trips that we wanted to experience whilst staying in DR and Saskia organised everything for us, even down to providing towels for us when we were taking part in water activities!! Upon arrival the wonderful Juana unpacked our suitcases and had hung all our clothes for us; she continued to keep our room looking immaculate during our stay, delighting us daily with an array of animals made out of towels!! The waiting staff Marc and David were equally fabulous and provided a first class service whilst we were dining and chilling out around the pool, making sure that we were well looked after.

Ultimately though it is Saskia and Marc who make Casa Veintiuno such an amazing haven to escape to and are on hand to tend to your every need. They have thought of everything (pool table, mood lights, DVD library, etc) and really make you feel so special, like you are part of the family. Their dogs Blanqito & Pooka are great and made us giggle lots throughout our stay :) Because there are only 3 rooms there it never feels crowded (we had the place to ourselves for a few days, wonderful!!) and Casa Veintiuno offers the perfect hideaway or base to explore the island. I cannot recommend this boutique highly enough, Saskia and Marc are fantastic hosts and I was extremely sad to leave there. If you are visitng DR then you cannot stay anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1 which was very spacious and had a lovely jacuzzi and big shower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VikkiAngel4eva
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Want to get away from those horrid all inclusives? Then this is the place. Very private, personally greeted by the owners, clean, homey feel, beautiful pool, delicious food and probably my favourite thing is they unpack you and your clothes are all hung perfectly so you waste no time getting to their very inviting sparkling clean pool

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ewanluke
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here in Suite 3 for six nights and booked the Casa Veintiuno package that included breakfast and free access to other amenities. I had never seen a hotel/bed and breakfast rated so highly anywhere. I couldn't believe that there was not one mediocre review of this place so I had to see it for myself. With expectations that high, I couldn't believe that they somehow managed to exceed them.

As other reviewers have noted, we felt welcomed by the owners Saskia and Marc and their two dogs. Saskia handles most of the hosting and concierge services and Marc runs the show behind the scenes in the adjoining restaurant. The garden/pool area is lush and relaxing and the property is set just far enough off the main road that it is quite peaceful but still close enough to easily walk down to the beach (about 5 minute walk). It is approximately 10 minutes drive from the Puerto Plata airport. Because they only have three suites, they are able to run the place with lots of attention and care. Saskia will make you feel as if you have a personal assistant/concierge during your stay and will make helpful recommendations for activities and other restaurants and will arrange for any transportation you need while in town.

The room we were in was the perfect size for a couple as we had a small sitting room with couch, table and refrigerator stocked with beverages, a bedroom area with television/DVD player, and a bathroom with large shower. The decor is very crisp and modern yet also warm and cozy. Our room was cleaned daily and looked spotless, which is difficult to do when everything is white. Plus, the cleaning staff fold your towels into different animals each day. After the first two days, we wondered what else they could do with a towel and washcloth and then the next day we were greeted again by a new animal or sea creature. A small thing, but the perfect example of how everyone here gives so much attention to the little details that add up to create a wonderful stay.

A few other bonuses were the more secluded second floor patio good for reading or relaxing moments of solitude in the sun and the exercise/entertainment room equipped with billiard table, Wii (though we didn't use it), treadmill, weights, elliptical machine and water cooler.

I highly recommend this place to just about anyone who wants a relaxing, personally tailored vacation close to the beach. Oh, I almost forgot about the breakfast! Normally I like to sleep in very late while on vacation but the breakfast was so good that we had no problems getting up each day to head down to the pool for an amazing variety of tropical fruits, baked goods, breakfast meats, cheeses, coffee/tea, fresh squeezed juices and just about any other breakfast item you requested like egg dishes, cereal or waffles. And their two very sweet dogs will keep you company as you lounge by the pool stuffing your face. Absolutely heaven!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Running2Coast
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I were able to completely unwind at Casa Veintiuno. We've never stayed at any kind of Bed and Breakfast or small boutique hotel before so didn't quite know what to expect. I am so very happy we chose this place for our vacation. I don't know if I've ever been on a vacation where I just didn't want to leave the hotel. The atmosphere that Saskia and Marc create is the most relaxing and enjoyable. We could not have asked for anything more. We did take daily walks so got to see a bit of Sosua and the surrounding neighborhoods but mostly we just enjoyed the sun and the relaxing environment of Casa Veintiuno. Saskia takes care to provide some wonderfully relaxing music at the pool throughout the day and into the evening. We didn't want to eat anywhere else and only did on the days we were forced to because the restaurant was closed (Mondays and Tuesdays). Saskia shared with us the music selections and even where she purchased the fantastic mood lighting so we can create a little bit of the same atmosphere at home. We'll come back to Casa Veintiuno as soon as we can!

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms could be bad in any way
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebbieOGrady
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I came in after spending a few days in a sandy beach hotel so was really ready for some amenities. The hotel has all the amenities--and then some, like mood lighting--and Marc and Saskia and their daughter were wonderful hosts. The atmosphere was laid back and unpretentious, breakfast was wonderful, and clearly the hotel was put together with a great eye for design. I loved it. My only regret was that I arrived on a Sunday night for two days and the restaurant was closed Monday and Tuesday, so I only got one dinner there. And it was delicious. I would have loved to eat there a few more times. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank katyc123
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This review has been a long time coming so my apologies to Saskia & Marc! We selected Casa Veintiuno as our honeymoon destination based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor. As I planned my wedding myself, making my own invitations, table plan, decorations and working solidly full-time for the 12 weeks leading up to the big day, for our honeymoon I really wanted ultimate relaxation ... and that is exactly what we got. Casa Veintiuno was absolutely the perfect choice for our honeymoon. From the minute we walked through the gate I began to unwind and by the end of our stay I felt so relaxed and happy. We stayed in Suite 1 which was beautiful, had a jacuzzi, an amazing shower and also had gym equipment below (which was completely ignored) and a pool table (which was used extensively). The quiet beach in Sosua is just a short walk away and it certainly is quiet. On our visits the beach had very few others and we were not bothered by any sellers. The restaurant at Casa Veintiuno is so amazing there is really no reason to eat anywhere else during your stay - everything we ate was amazing - and the mojitos were soo good! Saskia and Marc are fantastic hosts and do all they can to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I could go on and on about how great the place is but honestly, if you're looking for somewhere to go where you can relax, unwind, have your every need taken care of and eat some fantastic food then just book in at Casa Veintiuno! That is all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverley M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sosua
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel
Coral Blanco Hotel
#5 of 30 in Sosua
Ultravioleta Boutique Residences
Ahnvee Resort & Sports

Been to Casa Veintiuno? Share your experiences!