“FISH SANDWICH FOR LUNCH”

Morua Mai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual Dinning in an open air ambiance ,,
Boston, Massachusetts
“FISH SANDWICH FOR LUNCH”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Instead of a fried fish sandwich, which was on he menu, we requested the fish "la plancha" (grilled )and we got it. Served with pickle, lettuce and tomato and cole slaw.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Christine P

Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I first visited Morua Mai on New Years Eve of this year, and thought it to be a wonderful restaurant. Since that time, I have moved to Sosua, and treat myself to a lunch or dinner there once a week.

I have never been disappointed with any meal I have had at Morua Mai. The Spicy Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious, and I have sampled my way through the Dominican lunches, both kinds of ravioli (for which the kitchen most graciously accommodated my preference for red, not cream, sauce), and my new favorite, the sea bass with leek sauce. (Ask for the sauce on the side, bc it's a LOT of delicious cream.)

My most recent visit was with friends who had never dined there, and one friend went back by himself the next night!

The staff are welcoming and professional, and the decor is comfortable and intimate. Morua Mai is slightly more expensive than other restaurants in Sosua, but the quality of the dining experience makes it worth every peso.

• Visited October 2013

2 Thank Mollybloom51
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must Eat Here Restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The best place to eat in Sosua! Great food, good people, and a charming atmosphere. The service is absolutely delightful. A comfortable place, they make you feel right at home, no matter the nationality or language. The owners are very hands on with their customers, and did I mention the food was delicious!? It's definitely a must sit down and have something to eat place.

• Visited May 2013

1 Thank Sam A
Maryville, Illinois
“excellent food, wonderful attentive staff”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

On my first visit to the Dominican Republic, my travel companion said we must eat at Morua Mai and I'm so glad we did. The staff welcomed her from past visits and remembered her, so it was nice to have that type a welcome reception. Our food and drinks were brought promptly, food was hot and delicious. We ended up eating here every night for dinner because it was simply the best in Sosua. Our the course of a few days we ate chicken fajitas, caesar salad, great juicy burgers and fries, and shrimp and brownies and ice cream!! All food choices were excellent and prices were very reasonable. The restaurant was always clean and has a wonderful location. The open air atmosphere, beautiful vaulted ceiling, busy and fun bar all contributed to our great experience. The owner and his staff personally visited our table each night as well.

• Visited September 2013

Woodland Park
“Eat here at least once!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is good and the staff is friendly. They take plastic too. Great place to sit and have coffee-watch the locals stream by on their scooters.

• Visited September 2013