“A wonderful stay - warm, friendly staff”

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I want to thank Senior Bar Manager, who was so gracious and his staff who were always friendly and helpful. Guest Services Manager Gregory and Guest Service Kiko were most helpful with our dinner reservations, helping sort out some problems initially with our room.

I loved the beach/water which I frequently every day, as well as the pool. We enjoyed the evening entertainment which was tasteful, especially enjoyed meeting talented Israel who was most gracious.

The jewel of this resort is its staff!
Santiago and I thank you so much.
We will definitely return.

Terry

Room Tip: Ocean view is always great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry A
Betzaida N, Asistente de Gerencia at Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the very complimentary feedback about you recent stays at our resort. It is always nice to know when we have exceeded the expectations of our valued clients.
In addition to sharing these nice comments with us, we are also grateful for you mentioning the employee that helped make your experience here such an outstanding one.
We will be passing your very nice remarks to the members of the management staff, so they can appreciate these flattering comments.
We thank you for having chosen our hotel and will look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I found this hotel was just what I expected. It has seen better days but the staff were GREAT.
The rooms lacked a little but anything that was found deficient was fixed in a couple of hrs.
This hotel is not for those who need to be pampered but for those who find mixing with the locals a fun adventure. The food was great only did the al lacarte once as Buffet food was so good.
Watch out for the guys that want to escort you on the 5 min walk to the bank, you don't need them as I never once felt endangered by any of the locals. The beach is great. be sure to buy suntan oil from Juan with the wheel barrel on the beach. Yes there are lots of venders on the beach but I did not find them too pushy especially if you are reading a book. The guy with the bad review mistook young married women for hookers I saw no sign of this if it happened they were discrete. The Staff are great Ten Ten the omelet king and Lacy the waitress in the smoking section were one of the main reasons we stuck to the buffet besides the food. The rooms were cleaned daily (maybe not to my wife's standards but clean) and there was never a problem finding a lounger on the beach (So stop with the towels) and the towels were fine no need to bring your own. I like to see different places but I would definitely go back. If you take a cab I recommend Dario Alcantara of Sichotratur Taxi Turistico, you can find him beside the casino.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1239 A great view, a little lacking on hot water but 2 balconies one totally private and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank browndwarf

Coral Costa Caribe Hotel, Resort, Spa & Casino are pleased to extend you a cordial greeting.
It is always nice to know when we have met the expectation of our valued clients.
We appreciate that you have shared your pleasant experience with us and others travelers on Trip Advisor.
Our goal is to have all our guest leave the property completely satisfied and with plans to return, again.
We will be passing your very nice remarks to the members of the management staff.
We thank you for having chosen our hotel and will look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have been going to this hotel every year for 8 years now. It's fun for young people and relaxed mature adults-that's me. The standard of hot water and other amenities have generally improved over time and the beach is great. If you walk east you can go to New Juan Dolio and about a mile west is old Juan Dolio- a great authentic experience.
Food is good - never been sick, the specialty restaurants can be good one year- not so good the next, but never bad. The Staff is friendly and polite and most speak workable english. Shows at night- well the booze is included after all. Casino is fine, drinks are better there while you are playing
If you go there with the right mind set- you'll have a wonderful time- if you whine and moan you won't -and I won't stick around to see it.
There's a bus to Guavaberry Golf Course - which is OK but there's hardly any staff and they want too much money. Walk across the main Highway and east about 1/2 mile and you can go to the Metropolitan Golf Course -great clubhouse and staff with reasonable rates $65 USD plus caddy tip. They'll store your clubs for you and it's 5th day free paying 4 days in advance

Hola Coral Caribe and Metro Big Papi ( Baby Baby)Dave K and his poco Amigo Mark N are coming to play golf arrive 24 Feb -Garden Bar needs to be well stocked!

Room Tip: The beach facing rooms are good for sun, not so good for noise, Third floor or higher on the West F...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MajBillyBilly

Dear Guest:
We appreciate that you have shared with us the comments concerning your stay here in Coral Costa Caribe and know that you have had other memorable stay here with us.
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to serve you for 8 times in different years and for mentioning our friendly staff that helped you to make your experience here more enjoyable.
Our goal is to have all our guest leave the property completely satisfied and with plans to return.
Thanks for having chosen our hotel and will look forward to serving you again in the near future

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was my third all-inclusive, but the first in the D.R. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon around 5. Nice open air lobby. Check in was pretty quick. Room 1530. The room was pretty standard. (We had a superior ocean view) 2 nice sized beds tube TV. Balcony was the best part. Sun in the morning, Shady in the afternoon and evening (When its Hot) If you run your air conditioner it will warm up the balcony. We did notice no towels we called and they brought them up in a few minutes. Water was hot most of the time. Tile shower no tub. Two prong electric worked fine but only 2 outlets. We brought a short brown extension cord which gave us a few more. We ran the air 2 nights worked fine. Wall unit. There is a safe but you need to rent a lock with a key. Toilet had a loose handle but worked alright. There was an elevator about 20 foot from our door and worked most of the time, but sometimes you would call it and it would come and the doors wouldn't open. You could bet at least once a day you would end up in the basement instead of the main floor or on floor six when you pressed 5. But again, it did work most of the time. From our room nothing was very far. The 2 pools are clear and beautiful. The staff seems to do a good job keeping the PUBLIC beach in front of the resort.clean. Which was not the case further down the beach. The water in front of the resort has a smooth white sand bottom and is cleared of debri up to the floating barrier. It never get above chest deep (Im 5'11") If you go past the floating barrier I would wear aqua socks. Sea Urchins Sea Weed and Rocks. There are vendors on the beach and some can be persistent but I never thought they were rude or inappropriate. Sometimes they will leave you alone after one "No" sometimes several. Similar to the public beaches in Puerto Vallarta.
The main buffet food was average. There was a theme every night. The staff was great. They had a smoking section ( I am a smoker) which was nice. We ate at the Santa Fe one night and I thought it was very good. It had a taco/nacho bar. We didn't enter the casino.

The beach, the pool area and the room was well worth the admission. If you are looking to go to the D.R. I wouldn't rule this place out if you get a good price. It's about an hour east of Santo Domingo in Juan Dolio.

Room Tip: We had room 1530. We could see the ocean. Could see the sunrise from our beds. Balcony was sunny in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for sharing the feedback of your experience with us and others travelers on Trip Advisor.
We would like to offer a sincerely apologies for any inconveniences that you have had during the time with us.
We are continuously working hard to improve our services and facilities to exceed the expectations of our valued clients. We also appreciate your comments and these are useful to continue improvement our services.
We are grateful for mentioning our friendly staff that helped you to make your experience here more enjoyable.
Our main goal is to have all our guest leave the property completely satisfied and with plans to return.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at this Resort with 3 other women from Jan 23 to Jan 30th. This resort was typical of a 3 star. I thought the grounds were well maintained. The pool was clean. The resort staff very friendly except for the front desk personnel as usual. The resort was a bit run down and could definitely use a face lift. However, I am not in agreement as to some of the other reviews. Our room was cleaned daily. Our sheets were changed daily. We received clean white towels daily. We always had hot water but the water pressure was not that great, but I can live with that. My only complaint would be that the room was not cleaned to my specifications, if you dropped to the floor you could see under the furniture and outside of toilet was not that clean but the room was livable and quite large. The AC worked and the ceiling fans worked to keep the room at a livable temperature. The food, not so great but I always found something I liked. I am not a picky eater. The coffee, delicious! The drinks were good and the bartenders were exceptional. The beach quite beautiful YES there are vendors there but that is not uncommon. They are just trying to make a living, remember these people are poor and some of the vendors quite entertaining. The beach towels were not so great they need to replace them along with the beach chairs. The owners are very strict with the staff. Many are only paid commission. They are watched constantly so tip those you feel deserve it. The elevators in the hotel do not work properly if at all so use the stairs. If you can't walk stairs then ask for a ground level room. The elevator had a mind of its own. Press 6 you end up on 4 etc etc. We had a great vacation at this resort and I would recommend it however, remember, it is a 3 star, if you want a 5 star resort then pay for one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building. If you can't climb stairs request lower level as the elev...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank snowbird06

Dear Guest:
We appreciate you consider our resort a nice destination for the relaxing and enjoyment of your holidays.
Concerning to some situations you have described about the room, please allow us to inform you that we carry out continuous inspections in our rooms with the purpose of accommodating our clients accordingly to their expectations.
Also, would like to apologize for any inconveniences with the elevators and vendors in the areas.
It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. We hope that when returning to the Dominican Republic, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and give you the same quality and personalize service at our resort.

Very cordially,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

this resort is a 3-4 star not for everybody and would not tell them to go ,but we have been there 5 times over the years and the beach is our main attraction,no weeds and great beach for miles to walk.The resort does need a lot of maintenance ,our room was ok as we know what room we like been in many there .we know most of staff and they approach us when we r there to say welcome back ,it pays to get to know staff we always give gifts and tips to the staff we know even our housemaid who is in the block we r in for years.we never get sick with any food we eat and that is a bonus for us also.we do go other resorts that r 5 star no comparison .they have 3 other rest Mexican great,italian great ,Dominican not so great. this is not a 5 star by far.

Room Tip: even upgrade same rooms a little bigger small bathroom with a fridge, the other no fridge although...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Marion D
Betzaida N, Asistente de Gerencia at Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest:

We appreciate that you have shared with us the comment concerning your stay here in Coral Costa Caribe.

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to serve you for 5 times in different years and for mentioning our friendly staff that helped you to make your experience here more enjoyable. Although goal is to have all our guest leave the property completely satisfied and with plans to return.

We, also appreciate your comments and it are useful to continue improvement our services.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently was at this hotel and we were very disappointed. We had 3 rooms in total, our first room had no working air conditioning and the front desk told us there was nothing he could do about it. I then proceed to go to the lobby and speak with someone and was then given our second room. This ended with a room that had no towels, dirty sheets and a closet that had a very bad smell to it. We then had to wait the next day to speak to the representative and he was finally able to speak Spanish with the manager to get things figured out. Even when we did get the room that we had originally booked, the sheets were not the cleanest and did not fit on the bed very well either. I made sure to check for bedbugs because I seriously believed that there was the possibility the two of us could have got them, but neither one of us did. During the entire stay of our trip our sheets and our towels were ever washed and we were never given clean ones let alone refolded to make it look like they maybe had been changed for us.
The food at the hotel was very boring and there was minimal selection. The staff at the hotel could speak very little English and made it very difficult to communicate with any of the cleaning staff or repair men.
Since the majority of the travelers are from either Europe or Quebec, French and Spanish are the main languages spoken there. It was even more frustrating during their shows every night because the MC did not do a very good of translating everything into English, so there were many times where we looked at one another to try and figure out what was going on with the show. With the majority of the individuals speaking French or Spanish, I found it even more difficult to meet other couples while down there because there were so few people who spoke English.
This hotel does not come close to a four star resort and was even more frustrated when the representative for itravel2000 said that she guarantees that hotel is great.
The only positive thing about this hotel was being able to lay on the beach for a week straight.
I would NOT recommend anyone to go to the resort and to seriously reconsider if you are set on this resort.

Room Tip: I did not rate the spa because I don't think it would be any cleaner than the rooms and didn'...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jenn834

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for sharing the comments of your experience with us and others travelers on Trip Advisor.

We would like to offer a sincerely apologies for any inconveniences and dissatisfaction that you have had during the time with us and deeply regret to know that we were not able to exceed your expectations.

Allow us to inform you that our housekeeping staff revises and prepares every room prior to it assignation and confirms all the items and appliances are placed. The room is clean and complete before being occupied by the client.

Also, we would like to inform you that offer high quality food specially prepared for the diversity of our guests and our restaurants menus offer a mix of cuisine popular national and international.
Recently, we have made some changes in the concepts of our spatiality restaurants.
Our staffs have good knowledge of the English language and others languages and constantly receiving courses to reinforce the level of conversation and pronunciation.

We would appreciate if you could give us another opportunity to amend and rectify any situation that could have affected you during the past visit, hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you in our property again in the near future.

Best regards,

#4 of 12 in Juan Dolio
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!