I found this hotel was just what I expected. It has seen better days but the staff were GREAT.
The rooms lacked a little but anything that was found deficient was fixed in a couple of hrs.
This hotel is not for those who need to be pampered but for those who find mixing with the locals a fun adventure. The food was great only did the al lacarte once as Buffet food was so good.
Watch out for the guys that want to escort you on the 5 min walk to the bank, you don't need them as I never once felt endangered by any of the locals. The beach is great. be sure to buy suntan oil from Juan with the wheel barrel on the beach. Yes there are lots of venders on the beach but I did not find them too pushy especially if you are reading a book. The guy with the bad review mistook young married women for hookers I saw no sign of this if it happened they were discrete. The Staff are great Ten Ten the omelet king and Lacy the waitress in the smoking section were one of the main reasons we stuck to the buffet besides the food. The rooms were cleaned daily (maybe not to my wife's standards but clean) and there was never a problem finding a lounger on the beach (So stop with the towels) and the towels were fine no need to bring your own. I like to see different places but I would definitely go back. If you take a cab I recommend Dario Alcantara of Sichotratur Taxi Turistico, you can find him beside the casino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton