This was my third all-inclusive, but the first in the D.R. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon around 5. Nice open air lobby. Check in was pretty quick. Room 1530. The room was pretty standard. (We had a superior ocean view) 2 nice sized beds tube TV. Balcony was the best part. Sun in the morning, Shady in the afternoon and evening (When its Hot) If you run your air conditioner it will warm up the balcony. We did notice no towels we called and they brought them up in a few minutes. Water was hot most of the time. Tile shower no tub. Two prong electric worked fine but only 2 outlets. We brought a short brown extension cord which gave us a few more. We ran the air 2 nights worked fine. Wall unit. There is a safe but you need to rent a lock with a key. Toilet had a loose handle but worked alright. There was an elevator about 20 foot from our door and worked most of the time, but sometimes you would call it and it would come and the doors wouldn't open. You could bet at least once a day you would end up in the basement instead of the main floor or on floor six when you pressed 5. But again, it did work most of the time. From our room nothing was very far. The 2 pools are clear and beautiful. The staff seems to do a good job keeping the PUBLIC beach in front of the resort.clean. Which was not the case further down the beach. The water in front of the resort has a smooth white sand bottom and is cleared of debri up to the floating barrier. It never get above chest deep (Im 5'11") If you go past the floating barrier I would wear aqua socks. Sea Urchins Sea Weed and Rocks. There are vendors on the beach and some can be persistent but I never thought they were rude or inappropriate. Sometimes they will leave you alone after one "No" sometimes several. Similar to the public beaches in Puerto Vallarta.
The main buffet food was average. There was a theme every night. The staff was great. They had a smoking section ( I am a smoker) which was nice. We ate at the Santa Fe one night and I thought it was very good. It had a taco/nacho bar. We didn't enter the casino.
The beach, the pool area and the room was well worth the admission. If you are looking to go to the D.R. I wouldn't rule this place out if you get a good price. It's about an hour east of Santo Domingo in Juan Dolio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton