Hodelpa Garden Suites(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
$128
$75
Plaza Real Resort(Juan Dolio)
$30
$29
Emotions by Hodelpa(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Breakfast included
D' Franchecis Hostal(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
$55
$34
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
$35
Sybaris Suites & Residences(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
2,356 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I just returned from vacation on 4/13/2012. I also read the reviews and was terrified I would have a horrible time based on the reviews. I will attempt to give you a fair and accurate presentation of my vacation there...

Pros
Lovely people. I enjoyed the beach and the tours which took us to Saona and Catalina island. Saona we saw many starfish in the ocean and Catalina Island by passionparadise.co/en/snorkeling/. I especially liked the owner of Passion paradise when I got sea sick she took great care of me!

The beach at the hotel is lovely white sand and clear water.

Cons
Hotel has poor customer service! The will say they are coming to your room for this or that and they will not show up! You have to call many times and perhaps they will come after the 4th call or so or just simply say they are sending someone up and they will never show.

I had an upgraded room in the S Building ocean view. When I first arrived the balcony door was a fight to slide open and shut after 3 people came to repair it did open and close easily. One chair on my balcony had a lean to it to it was semi safe for a small child but not an adult. On the first day the maid spread the sheets with the previously sandy sheets from the night before??? So I tore the sheets off each day and requested fresh sheets daily (I tipped and always requested nicely) rude and demanding complaints get you no where there, although requesting nicely rarely got you anything either, but I chose that route. Oh and you have to request new clean towels and rags daily...

The buffet had only 6 choices daily. What I realize is that starches is a staple item with every meal. My stomach is still recovering from the food. Luckily I do love rice and beans so I had that for rice daily. Breakfast was quite heavy with backed chicken boiled potatoes with garlic and butter, beef, and boiled eggs were at the buffet one morning. Truly not enough options. 6 on one side of the room and the same 6 same options on the other sides.

Beach chairs are dirty and severely in need of replacement. The beach towels are about the grade of a cheap bath towel and very worn and some were torn and tattered and with holes. On my last day I was surprised to get a bright blue fluffy towel. I didn't know they had them. For 7 of my eight days I had old towels and faint blue, I handed back a few once the towel guy gave them to me because they were totally unacceptable. He could care less, he just put them back to hand to the next person. One evening when I wanted to exchange that days towels for my excursion the next day they said no many times and said I had to return in the morning I said I am leaving at 8 am he said ok, and handed me 2 from under the counter and said that usually they don't give them out at that hour??? What the hell??? If I need new towels and you have them why would you decide I must wait until the morning????

The restaurants were also filled with nice servers however the service was SLOW and the table clothes in the italian restaurant was too long dragging on the floor and dirty from all the shoes and feet that people rubbed on them. I actually saw one guy trip over the table covering on his way to the bar....

Ants yes there were ants in the room. I just called room service and they said my room would be fumigated so I waited... A young lady came with tall spray bottle and just sprayed the boarder of the room. I just chuckled, but I kept the can so that I could continue to "fumigate" daily. Once that bottle finished I requested another for 3 days and although they said they would come they never came to give me a replacement!

Other guests. One day on the way to dinner I was walking down the halls only to see wet beach clothes hung over the hall way walls!!! I told management and they some half understood but when I showed her she said she would alert security. After dinner they were removed...

So with few pros and a plethora of cons you can still have a nice vacation if you are accustomed to 2 star resorts and poor customer service. My vacation was still nice even with all of the small but many problems. If you can look past all of that you too can enjoy. Will I return to this resort... No I will not I would rather pay more and have better customer service.

Room Tip: If you like quiet request S-Building with an upgraded room/ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamakared
Reviewed April 13, 2012

If you are looking for the following, this might just be the place for you. . .

-loud night club music booming all night
-broken television
-cold showers
-cockroaches
-a rock hard mattress
-mold in the bathrooms
-no internet service
-threadbare, dingy towels
-mediocre food and slow restaurant service

Oh and I love their customer service! No matter what your complaint, they just tell you to wait a moment. Then they never come back, hoping you lose your patience and leave so they don't have to address your issue.

Room Tip: Seriously, I don't think there's a good room in the whole place. I stayed in two different rooms and I'd be hard pressed to decide which was worse!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We just came back from a 14 day stay. The service was good ,the staff was very helpful. Our room 1408 was Clean and kept tidy each day. The Air conditioner was a bit noisy but worked Ok. The Tv reception was poor but we only needed the room to rest, shower,and sleep. Most of the rooms in this Main Bldg. are dated. Only once did the elevator stop working for 2 hrs. Maintaince??
The beach compares to any at Punta Cana. Lots of room and lounge chairs, we were there over Easter week, so there was a little more activity from Local Families visiting the resort.After the weekend the resort was only half full or less but the service was just as good. Only Power Boat Activites was Suspended for Good Friday. Because this seems to be the only resort for a distance the beach vendors are trying to make a dollar.They will leave you alone if you show no interest. A ride on the Public Transportation costs one us dollar each way to Boca Chico. It's advisable to ask some one like Rigo from the Water sports for some advice before making your first trip to town on your own. Boca Chico has a beautiful beach as well but a lot of locals use it . Prices for Gifts are comparable to Santo Domingo at Boca Chico. All in all a good value for the price even with our 2 3/4 hour coach ride from Punta Cana

Room Tip: rooms on the south Side are more up to date.ie ,S 218
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

What more do you people want, Yes its an older resort and in some areas it needs work but they are slowly working away to fix up this resort.

Food- was good you could always find something to eat at the buffet.
the a al cart were great i favored the itilian but they were all good

Drinks- I found them to be a little strong at the buffet and garden bar but were awesome at the pool bar the sports bar is good too its the only bar open 24/7

Room- comfy enough to sleep, was a little disappointed couldn't always get hot water at peek showering times between 8 and 10 am and 4 and 7pm i am not complaining but we did ask for a ground floor with and ocean view and got an sixth floor ocean view

Pools- we swam in 3 different pools theres one across the street in another part of the hotel that no one uses because its to faraway from the bars we liked it here because there was never anyone around a few hotel staff 2nd main pool with the swim up bar is nice but usually always busy and #3 is to the far side of the buffet its not very busy either but its mostly in the shade and walking distantes from the pool bar but there is a bar inside the buffet you can use after the buffet opens for lunch

Beach- the beach was nice, very nice sandy bottom with coral and seashell that was up on shore
there are vendor's on the beach trying to sell you lots of things jewelry painting ect ect if you don't want to buy anything say no thank or if you like try a little spanish

Trips off the resort- booked on the beach with a vendor yellow shirts with an red and white flag in the corner on the shirts usually 2 of them we got our jeep safari for $75us were the tour reprsentatives charge 80 to 90us

tips there are people on the resort trying to sell you time shares if don't want to be asked advoid the right hand side of the walk to the beach but if you do get roped into it you will get a free gift we got some water bottles and hats which came in handy on our jeep safari

Room Tip: room 1611 is nice ocean view not a very big balcony because its in the corner the room to the left is being renatived no nose just some furnture on the balcony and to the right we only had someone in that room for 2 days of our week vacation and they hardly made a sound
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank riki82
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This place is a nightmare!!! We booked this exchange through Interval International. We stayed for one night and checked out the next day. The room was laden with mold, had roaches, pealing paint, broken door locks, tiny, broken TV, no coffee maker, etc. The room was dirty. It was an all inclusive so they charged us $775.00 more for the week. But it did not include internet, in room safe, brand name liquors, etc. They served cheap, no name liquor. We had one meal there and walked out of the restaurant after I bit into two pieces of chicken and they both had blood in them!!! The power went out six times in a 24 hour period. The lobby was filled with people complaining about the conditions and lack of services. If you book any trips through Interval International be very careful!!! They have some very good resorts but a lot of horrible ones. We had three good exchanges in a row and three horrible ones in a row with them. They need to do their due diligence and inspect the resorts in their inventory.

Room Tip: Please read and heed the reviews like I should have done!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple