I stayed at Coral Costa Caribe Resort for 3 days. Upon arrrival the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel (exterior) premises was up to standard, nicely kept. The beach and pool area were clean. The sandy white beach is beautiful!
PROS & CONS: My room was very old and lacked water pressure in the bathroom. Hot water was very limited. The first night there I took a cold shower. The bathroom tub was clogged, but this issue was resolved within a few hours. There were a few roaches in the room and mosquitos. The bed spread and linens were worned. The A/C unit was very loud, but at least it was operational. As far as the food, the main buffet was bland, but edible. I'm a semi-vegeterian (pescetarian) and was able to follow my plant based diet (fruit, veggies, lacto-ovo, grains). The Dominican Restuarant was nice; however, the Mexican Restaurant is not near any Mexican standards (I don't recommend it). I never made it to the Italian Restaurant, but the Snack Bar was decent! There are multiple bars, but the drinks are very cheap in quality. The club played good music, yet it opens too late. You may buy decent drinks at in club's bar for around $8.
Overall, if you're just trying to have some fun in the sun then this might be the place for you. However, if you expect high standard of service then you should reconsider staying here. We did not spend too much time in the room as we tried to make the best out of the situation. It's not so bad for the price...that is if you just need a quick getaway!
I won't be coming back to this hotel since I expected a little more, but that's just me. Try the excursion to La Isla Saona. It's very nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton