“Great teacher, awesome attitude!”

Fun Trips Kiteboarding
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
Cabarete Kiteboarding Discover
Ranked #3 of 50 Tours in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: Kiteboarding school in cabarete and discover the most beautiful kitesurfing an spots ain the north coast like Monte cristi and Buen Hombre. Come back with amazing memories thanks to professional pictures.
Reviewed March 6, 2017

As part of my business trip to the DR, I decided to got to Cabarete based on tripadvisor review of Fun Trips Kiteboarding, I'm glad I followed other users reviews. I was not impressed with the town and the hotel (Kaoba is fine but quite rough) but once I went to the beach my trip started picking up and I had a great weekend. Andrea is a great teacher, professional, knowledgeable, patient and reassuring and his great sense of humor contributed to the whole experience. We started with some basic but important theory and safety instructions(about 20 minutes) and we proceeded to kite management from the shore. I was a complete beginner, but thanks to Andrea's very clear and simple explanation, I felt safe enough to relax and learn much faster than I usually do. On my first day, I was able to have a lot of fun body dragging and learning the basics. I was very impressed on my second day when Andrea gave me classes even though he had sore throat and very low voice, because he knew I had limited time in Cabarete. He could have easily assigned another teacher, but I would not have felt as comfortable. Andrea paid special attention to my safety and physical conditions, he recommended ending classes when I got tired and gave me useful tips and correction throughout the weekend. He correctly assessed when the rain was coming (and going) as well as wind and waves currents to keep me safe. I had a great time in Cabarete and would recommend Fun Trips kiteboarding to anyone who wants to learn this sport!

1  Thank daniele f
"adventure"
"gear"

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Reviewed February 15, 2017

We came for ten days in February 2017. Olivier, Teddy and Carlos were great to deal with - very friendly, fun and helpful! They arranged accommodations for us as well as an extra snorkeling trip.
Our instructor was Andrea. He was really fun, patient and very structured in his teaching. It was a wonderful learning experience with him and I would strongly recommend him!

1  Thank HanaLovesToTravel
Reviewed February 11, 2017

The Team is very professional and help me improve my technique during my 10 days stay in Caberete. Their kites are well maintained. The spot is excellent. Highly recommended.

1  Thank EmmanuelE296
See more reviews
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I spent 2 weeks in Cabarete and I wish I had stayed longer. The school is perfectly managed by all the team and they all helped us . We contacted them before coming to Cabarete, guided by the references on internet, and we are extremely happy with them. Our holidays have been fantastic, partly thanks to them, that provided us with a nice apartment close to the beach and the school and plenty of adventurous activities such as kiteboarding, canyoning, surf or snorkel. They did their best to fit our interests and advised us on life there (restaurants, supermarkets,shops). They are very close and friendly. (Oliver arranged us ther apartment, Teddy welcomed us, Carlos was our constant reference for anything we needed and Abraham helped us all the way with our kite equipment). You really feel that they care for your wellbeing. Besides, they manage to connect all the students so you can easily meet people and go out all together.
I was happy that we got in Cabarete with no defined plans and we left having seen plenty of things and done a lot of activities thanks to Funtrips that put things extremely easy, fun and at good prices.
All in all, the experience was great and i am just willing to come back!!

1  Thank Anna C