“Wonderful cafe - great owners, great food, great coffee”
Review of Alegria Cafe Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alegria Cafe Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Description: Cosy family cafe and bar which sells fresh and original products. We have various breakfasts and toasted sandwiches but our specialities are freshly baked bagels and natural juices.
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful cafe - great owners, great food, great coffee”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We wander down an ally and find a cute café called Alegria where 2 nice Dutch ladies introduce themselves as the owners. They bend over backward to give good service including making me an avocado salad that is not on the menu with a basil vinerette topped with pinenuts and a virgin pina colada that I top with a few pumpkin seeds that I have stashed in my purse for protein.

The espresso was delish and sweet enough that it did not need dairy or sugar.

It is worth the wonder off the main street!

• Visited March 2014

Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“Bagel lovers celebrate”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A friend had heard about a restaurant with REAL, fresh bagels and we found it today. Algeria cafe not only has fresh bagels, Montreal style, they also have smoked salmon, great tuna melts, as well as other bagel sandwiches. Their breakfast menu looks good too so will try that soon. It is open 8:00 a.m. Until 2:00 pm daily except closed Wednesdays. To find Alegria cafe turn by Janet's market and go LEFT by the Janet's parking lot......it is about 2 doors down the lane. The cafe is not huge but nicely shaded and cool, friendly owners from Holland, and really good food. Only open since fall 2013 so let's support them so they stay open.

• Visited March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Friendly and Fillling”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Alegria Cafe is an unpretentious, independent adjunct to Hotel Alegria. The Dutch managers supply unending friendliness and tasty food from 8:00 AM to mid-afternoon. The menu consists primarily of egg or bagel based breakfast creations and a few lunch meals. The signature egg combinations include eggs, sausage or bacon, maybe some peppers, all scrambled together. They are quite good, as is the coffee. The banana combo, a concoction related to a smoothie, is a must-have for breakfast. I am sure it would be quite refreshing with the addition of rum later in the day.

Wilton, Connecticut
“Friendly Delicious Restaurant”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

While my friends and I stayed at Hotel Alegria for a week, we ate breakfast at the Alegria Cafe every day (except the one day when it was closed) because it was so good! Very generous, interesting, delicious menu choices and the owners/waitresses are very friendly! Great value. Michelin would say "worth a detour" from anywhere in Cabarete or nearby areas.

New York City, New York
“AMAZING SERVICE AND FOOD”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I went to Alegria Cafe twice during our stay in the DR. The meals were delicious. Great Value.. Nice portions at a great price! The meals come with a free coffee or juice which was an amazing perk! The coffee was delicious and is served with a little cookie. The pancakes were divine so fluffy and rich! Claudia was so accommodating to our needs. There were heavy smokers sitting next to us and being six months pregnant I just couldn't bare the smell. We were going to ask for our food to go. Claudia insisted we stayed and made sure we were comfortable and had a new seat outside away from the smokers. I would say we had the best service overall at Alegria out of any place we ate at in the DR. I highly recommend their Banana/ pineapple juice its so refreshing! We will be back for sure!!!