“Cozy, clean and welcoming stay in a beautiful place with stunning views!”
Review of Kite Beach Hotel

Kite Beach Hotel
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Cabarete
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Cozy, clean and welcoming stay in a beautiful place with stunning views!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Janina, the host/ manager of Kite Beach Hotel was very welcoming and informed us very well about what to see/ where (not) to eat /how to get around, etc.
She also organized real nice nights when we' d go out for cozy dinners in the best restaurants, with whomever felt like joining in. That's how people came together who from themselves, might not have got to know each other!
We spent an unforgettable Christmas-eve with a warm group of new - made friends!
Thanks so much, Janina!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Winters
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our family was looking for a place to stay that would be relaxed and still within walking distance of Cabarete. Kite Beach seemed a good fit. Once Janina from Kite Beach Hotel started helping us with room, restaurant and activity advice everything just fell into place. Janina spent time sending us photos of the few rooms she had left open and we chose the more expensive room with a full front view of the ocean and kite surfers. The room was really larger than we needed, but a nice way to end vacation in the Dominican Republic. The other room options would have been fine since we were usually gone on adventure activities during the day. It was nice being able to walk the beach at sunset to Cabarete for dinner. Wish we could have walked the beach back, but Janina mentioned that because of unlighted areas, taking a taxi might be the best choice. Her recommendation of the "Otra Cosa" restaurant for my daughter's birthday was perfect. The staff were always friendly, helpful and having a secure parking area for our rental car was an added plus. Included breakfasts were very nice, even if we were only able to enjoy it one morning due to being gone on activities most of our days. Janina's friendship with Helmut and recommendation of his company's (Kayak River Adventures) "Magical Mushroom" canyoneering tour was the highlight of our time in the DR. Helmut and his wife (she runs a local pre-school for local children) really care about the culture and lives of the Dominican people.
Janina, thanks for everything you did to make our time with you truly memorable. Mike, Val and Ambi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeGardnerWinters
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came to the Kite Beach Hotel reading great reviews but still not exactly sure what to expect. I can say now that I am leaving, that it far exceeded my expectations. Janina and crew run a great hotel. The service is kind and helpful-- always smiles on everyone's face! The rooms are very well maintained, the grounds are beautiful. It is the perfect spot for a short or long getaway! You get a front row seat to the afternoon kiting action which if you haven't seen before is nothing less than amazing. I am already planning my return. Special shout out to Stefan at Kitexcite for getting me up on the board in just a few days. It's the perfect place to learn the best sport I have ever tried.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Josh L
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had an amazing time. A bit nervous at first not going to an all-inclusive but all my fears left me as soon as we arrived. Amazing people such as Janina greeted us upon arrival. (I also previously emailed her with questions and she responded quickly). Janina gave us amazing advise from what to do, where to eat and how to get there. If you are lucky enough you will get to hang with her and get to know her as well as Robin (owner) and his family.

Roberto and Michelle bartended almost everyday who are wonderful. I do not have enough words to express how wonderful the people are at kite beach as well as the kite school next door especially Alfredo.

The food and drinks were great. I am very picky and loved everything I ate and drank. We ate lunch and dinner there almost everynight. If you wanna eat off the hotel Ali's, Gordito's and Blue Moon are wonderful but as I said Janina will tell you. Follow her advice she knows what she is talking about.
We were suppose to leave on a Wed and extended our stay until Sat. I could of stayed forever. Everyone else we meet from the locals to the Americas who now reside there and the other guests are such cool and nice people. You will not be dissappointed (only that you have to leave)
Kite Beach we just wanna thank you and hope to see you all very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabrina G
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a great time! Many thanks to Janina and all the staff at KBH. Janina organized a number of events, gave us advice, made suggestions on activities, restaurants, etc. She made our trip one of those vacations you never forget!

As far as our room, our unit in the new building were spacious, clean and comfortable. The food at the hotel was great and its a good location from which to enjoy many different activities.

Wished my schedule had allowed us more time there.

I would definitely go back to KBH, have missed it since we got back to Canada.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pete T
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The good: friendly people always trying to accommodate our requests, rooms in the new building were clean and comfortable, Incredible food, Great restaurants nearby and a Great location to Kite surf

The Bad: I didn’t have enough time to stay longer, I heard that the activities at the hotel after I left were amazing

The Best: From the beginning Janina was always helpful giving us advice about where to go and what to do. Also, organizing events for the guest and providing always a great environment for the guests.

The Worst: Nothing worst that going back to Canada during winter knowing that there is an amazing place in Cabaratte where I can have so much fun.

Highly recommended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank William B
Opua, New Zealand
Reviewed January 9, 2013

A wonderful location to kite board, relax and explore!

A special thanks to Janina for taking such great care of me your attention to all the little details that made my special was exceptional!

Kind Regards,
Craig

Room Tip: Ocean views and sea breezes!