Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicki_Bruckmann
Cincinnati, Ohio

I keep going back!

Review of Extreme Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 19, 2018
I'm the CEO of Explorer Chick Adventure Co, an adventure travel company for women. I traveled to Extreme in 2015 and fell in love with the hotel. It is not some cookie cutter, sterile, luxury hotel catering to fly and flop vacations. It is a hotel built with the active, health and environmental conscious, adventurer in mind. It will keep you active with yoga, the gym, circus, and kite school. You'll eat amazing meals that put the US to shame when it comes to nutritionally dense food. And, it's right on the beach! Afternoons with a good book and a mojito are the best! Since my very first visit, I've lead 6 trips there so far with over 50 women in attendance. My women love the hotel, the eco-friendly approach, the staff, the location, and the FOOD! Vikki, Robbie, and the rest of the team have been a dream to work with and always attentive to our needs. Note: This place is not for everyone. Thank goodness! This is not the hotel for guests who demand and expect a luxury, high end experience. That's not the MO here. Extreme Hotel is for travelers who are far more concerned about exceptional outdoor and fitness experiences. Guests who love to connect with others and enjoy a laid back atmosphere.
Date of stay: March 2018
1.7 miles from Extreme Hotel
    $80
3.8 miles from Extreme Hotel
View more hotels in Cabarete
All reviews circus school yoga studio overlooking the beach hotel grounds mini fridge robbie loft gym trainers kite vacation retreat solar crew
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2018

Staff is friendly and ready to help you, and the whole check-in process is very smooth. Food is phenomenal. The rooms are pretty simple but considering you should be spending very little time in your room given all the things there are to do around, I was very happy with them. The hotel's environmentally friendly practices never felt like they got in the way, too.

My only nitpick is that because the rooms are very close to the road and that there isn't much noise isolation from outside the room, you will definitely hear any honking, peel out or speeding off that happens nearby (on the other hand you barely hear other rooms so that's good!). However this can be easily remedied with earplugs so I still slept very well.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank Jean Simon B
Reviewed December 16, 2018

My sister and I decided to book a one week vacation to do the circus camp at Extreme Carabate Hotel. This was one of the best vacation we ever had. It was simply amazing to get to try all types of circus arts right by the beach with amazing people. Gregory, Rex, Mauro and Kelsey went above and beyond to provide us with the best vacation possible. We were all beginners in circus but they were able to make us comfortable and safe. They were able to adjust there coaching to what we wanted to learn and achieve. If you want to try something different and entertaining, the circus camp is absolutely for you! No need for previous experience in circus, you will be surprise at what you can do! The food at the holet is also absolutely fantastic and a bonus is that you get to visit the organic farm and actually see where all the fresh food comes from. You also get to do river tubbing which was an amazing experience. There is such a good vibe to this place, I just got back home and I am already missing everything about it!

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank annelb1234567
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

I'm in love with this place!
I went there on an aerial retreat and it was amazing! People there are so nice and helpful.
The food is really good and the service is excellent.
I would definitely recommend people to go there when visiting DR!
The hotel is well located; the beach is right in front of the hotel, bars and restaurants are 5 minutes away when you take a taxi.
I've been there twice and it is always a delight to go back there.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Melanieaerial
Reviewed November 24, 2018

Everything is perfect here...a true getaway to reset. Farm fresh food, an onsite restaurant with equally fantastic food. Daily yoga, and cross training workouts. If you're feeling more adventurous there's always circus lessons! But the vibe here is what makes this work....so relaxed and happy. And the fact that this is an eco hotel is just the icing on the cake. This will be my home away from home! Just got back a few weeks ago and already missing everything!
-ExplorerChicks Nov 2018

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank kimi0104
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I just came back from expending 3
days at this beautiful place! It was a great and relaxing experience that I enjoyed after a hard working week. Emily, the yoga teacher was wonderful, her professionalism and friendliness are one of a kind! I enjoyed very much the farm to table restaurant, in particular the gentleman who is in charge of it for breakfast, he was very attentive and went out of his way to make the experience the best one. I also enjoyed the organic farm tour and river float! Quite an experience thanks to Rob and Sam for making this day so memorable. Vicky you made the whole experience perfect from the booking until the very end! Thank you very much!

Date of stay: July 2018