All reviews organic farm cross fit flying trapeze eco hotel farm tour kite beach active vacation circus trapeze farm to table gym classes carbon footprint the penthouse learn how other guests ceiling fan downtown cabarete horseback riding
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here and kited pretty much every day for a month. It’s a brilliant place to stay in Cabarete because it’s right on kite beach, it’s got its own fantastic restaurant and the hotel vibe is relaxed and happy. The rooms are light and airy and the 2 fans make the nights nice and cool which is great! There are loads of other activities available at the hotel too (circus, yoga, gym etc.), so even on no wind/rest days you can keep busy! The yoga loft in particular is spectacular as it’s situated right by the beach with gorgeous Caribbean views. The staff are all really friendly and are always happy to help you out. The BEST thing about this hotel though is its eco setup - the owner has worked hard to make the hotel run on solar energy, and the hotel even has its own onsite aquaponics!! So not only can you stay and enjoy your time at Extreme, you can also rest assured that by staying here you’re utilising the sun’s energy and, if you kite, riding the wind and the waves. This is now our go-to place in Cabarete

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank SEFD94
Reviewed June 5, 2018

My husband and I and our sons stayed at the Extreme Hotel May 25-June 1 and it was one of our best vacations ever. The rooms are spotless and well maintained. The yoga loft is steps away from the surf and provides the perfect ambiance for a peaceful practice. The restaurant was our biggest surprise. 5 star quality food for super reasonable prices. We had planned to go out more but we ate most of our meals on site. Our boys loved the basketball hoop in the well equipped gym and the pool was clean, peaceful and often empty (it was low season). We all had an amazing time on the circus trapeze and we surfed and/or kite surfed every day. We are already planning our next visit and telling all of our friends to book now.

Room tip: The penthouse suite is HUGE and can easily accommodate a family of 5/6
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank andersonleanne16
Reviewed May 11, 2018

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at this hotel and great value for 2 people staying 1 week. My friend and I stayed during the first week of January and shared a room with double beds on the 2nd floor. The staff were very pleasant and responsive, and there lots of activities available like CrossFit/gym classes, yoga, Trapeze, and Kite surfing. Basic room accommodations where you do need to bring your own toiletries. Unfortunately, the drain in the bathroom shower started to show signs of clogging towards the end of our stay. So, the last few days I felt like I was standing in dirty water because it wasn't draining properly. I don't think it was cleaned as frequently as it could've been. This is definitely more of a boutique style hotel that reminded me of an eco-lodge.

There is a restaurant conveniently located within the hotel, but the food was quite mediocre. Unfortunately, there weren't too many restaurant options within walking distance so we did have several meals there. We just found that the meals were either a bit bland or the ingredients were so fresh especially the seafood, b/c my friend and I both felt quite bloated after eating. But, the restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and responsive.

The hotel is further away from the "town" area where there are more shops and variety of restaurants, so, one does need to take a taxi or motorbike. Very easy to hail a motorbike, and least expensive way of transportation. I was a bit apprehensive to ride on the back of some strange man's motorbike, but that's life in Cabarete. I was there mainly for surfing and had to travel offsite for this since the beach onsite wasn't the best for that type of activity but perfect if you go for Kite surf.

I would definitely consider returning to Extreme hotel if I plan to be in the Cabarete, DR area because of the value.

Room tip: No AC in Rooms, but ceiling fans were fine for January
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary T
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic 9 day vacation here with our family of 4 (2 teens). The food at the restaurant was farm to table and reasonably priced. Beach front location provided many activities from learning to kite surf, to horse back riding and everything in between. I was surprised to see a cross fit gym too amongst the trapeze and yoga loft. I felt healthier and happier after my time here and highly recommend the Extreme Hotel for your next trip to the Dominican!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This place has it all! Farm-to-table restaurant plus beach, pool, trapeze, yoga, crossfit, kiteboarding, all first class. The accommodations are comfortable with a local feel. We loved our 9 day stay here

Date of stay: April 2018