“Great View Disappointing Food”
Review of Victor's at Velero

Victor's at Velero
Ranked #32 of 144 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

On the day we visited the service was excellent, attentive and professional staff. Sitting on the point looking over the bay at Cabarete as the sun came down was delightful. Sadly the food was not up to the same standards. I had a chicken cordon Blu which had very little flavor and was served on top of a tomato sauce that tasted as if it was from a jar. Not the sauce I would expect with this dish , since the chicken was served on top of the sauce it was impossible to avoid. The sauté potatoes were not warm nor were the vegetables, carrots, which were undercooked. I like my carrot “ al dente “ but these were crunchy.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Victor’s is my favorite restaurant in Cabarete. It has the best location - right on the water with stunning views. It’s the best spot in town to watch the sunset with a glass of wine or a pina colada. Delicious food - the menu has something for everyone, lots of variety - I usually get the fish special or a nice salad. I’ve heard the pastas are delicious too. Service is always great.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Karine T
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Fresh Salad,nuts,tomatoes with grilled chicken was lovely couldn’t finish
Service was top shelf and prompt the view is spectacular new lunch specials daily (really awesome prices) so just pop in you don’t have to be staying at resort, parking too ,you’ll feel like a millionaire

1  Thank travellingpope
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Six of us went to Victor's for dinner on a Saturday evening because a few of us wanted the Saturday special which is seafood paella. I had the seafood paella serving for one that could have easily served two, a couple split a serving for two that could have served 4. The other three people ordered steak, grilled shrimp and chicken. We also had appetizers and a chocolate brownie ice cream dessert. The food, service and view were all great. It took me four years to go to Victor's Restaurant which was way to long, I should have been there long ago. My wife had been there for lunch with the ladies and friends had been there for lunch and dinner several times but I had not gone so when I did I was very pleased and will make sure it is not 4 years before my next visit. They have daily lunch, dinner and drink specials. This is a must go Cabarete restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018

We just stopped by one afternoon to have a drink and stayed through several appetizers. The view was spectacular and the service was wonderful as were the drinks and food we had. We will be back here before we leave. Great place and we would highly recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: March 2018