“love it...”
Review of VacaBar - CLOSED

VacaBar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small bar/restaurant on the beach. Magnificent view and open air sitting. Big wooden deck with bean bags to chill on. Bouncy cows for kids to play with. Reggae music most of the time. :) We are very know for our breakfast, and Sunday brunches. WE ARE BACON LOVERS. We also do lunch and dinner. We do from red thai curries, to burgers, to wraps, sandwiches, and salads. But! We also do creative recipes that change from your average lunch place.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food is great! Everyone who works there is so nice. I love this unique, fun restaurant. Tammy is awesome!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is the best! Cami, Alex, and JS are very warm and welcoming and you can meet many locals and tourists here alike. But the food is the main draw, for sure! The ingredients are always fresh and you get a lot of food for the price. There are always fresh juices, smoothies, cocktails, and the salads and burgers (including veggie and fish burgers for those like me!) are absolutely incredible. I have had some of the freshest, best meals of my life here. The food is super healthy, super fresh, and freshly prepared for each order. I really cant' say enough good things about this place...try the tropical salad; it is my favorite!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a must visit when In Cabarete, Dominican Republic.
Located on Kite Beach at Agualina Kite Resort.
The owner Cami, is a warm, friendly, and gracious host. The food is exceptionally good, and extremely reasonably priced.
A beautiful and inviting setting right on the beach, which is easy access for Kiters and beach goers.
The prices for drinks start $2.50 for a beer, and mixed drinks start at 3.00 for a Santo Libre (Rum, and Sprite) or Cuba Libre (Rum, and coke), and an fantastic Bloody Ceaser is $4.50.
Food prices start at $3.35 for a sandwich, and the entrees go up to $10.00. Excellent value for the money,. Beautiful side salads, and french fries cooked in clean sunflower oil.
I couldn`t recommend Vacarbar more. It was such a wonderful experience, and much time was spent in Vacarbar`s welcoming environment.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spent one week in Cabarete and ended up spending some time at this bar every single day! They have great drinks (Mojitos) as well as delicious food! We tried the eggs Benedict for breakfast and they were really yummy, including the crispy fried potatoes served with it! Also we tried some of the sandwiches, which are a super interesting creation of sweet and salty! :) from the tables you overlook the beach and the kite-boarders! When we were there, friends of Cami sang and played guitars, everybody is constantly in a great mood! It's a great meeting point for kiters, surfers or anybody else who enjoys a laid back atmosphere!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

On my last full day, I discovered the cucumber mint smoothie. So tasty. My nephew liked it so much we had to order a second one for him.

We came every day after his nap and shared the chicken curry with rice and a bowl of fries. Try dipping the fries in the curry!

Also, the barfly and margarita drinks are very tasty.