“Wonderful body-mind vacation!”
Review of CabareteYoga

CabareteYoga
Ranked #6 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga classes for the Cabarete/Sosua area with Kieran Barry, a top-class instructor from the UK held in a fantastic open-air studio, just yards from the beach in Natura Cabana eco-hotel.The teacher is trained in the Anusara and Vinyasa Flow traditions of yoga, teaches a very skillfully designed class to help all level of yoga practioners, from complete beginners to advanced incorporating precise alignment instructions whilst also managing to keep up a good tempo that makes for a good cardio-vascular workout. He is also well versed in meditation and Buddhism (over 20 years experience) and manages to include the fundamentals of these teachings into his classes so that they are beneficial not just for the body but will also help to bring awareness to your minds and hearts.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Wonderful body-mind vacation!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Spent one week at this beautiful place and enjoyed every minute of it! A lot of time I spent in the yoga classes (each sunrise and sunset) and walking along the beach. The yoga teacher, Kieran, is great and really shows proof of an open mind and understanding in teaching. The yoga classes were suitable for all levels as Kieran included everybody so that each person would feel comfortable and his mix of physical and meditative exercises was lovely. I truly recommend this place and wish I can come back soon! Miriam

Visited March 2012

New York City, NY United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great teacher for all levels!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been practicing yoga for a number of years now, and I quite enjoy Kieran's class. He is very attentive to people with injuries and always provides options for people of all levels. In a number of classes back in the US, I have noticed teachers not correcting bad form because they don't want to offend people or they just aren't paying attention, and it always bugged me (though I know I should only be focusing on myself! There's always something to work on...). Kieran has no problem actually teaching people as opposed to just leading them through some yoga postures. I have learned quite a lot from him that I will definitely take back to other classes once I'm back home. It's also great if you're a beginner because he won't let you get lost and you will learn how to do things right the first time!

Visited January 2013
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The only place I would practice Yoga in Cabarete!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a wonderful, peaceful place to practice Yoga. Aimed to all, from beginners to the very advanced.
I've had back and knee problems and the instructor Kieran, has always been very concerned, thus always advising me on the best ways I can take fully advantage of the exercise without creating injuries. I like the fact that he likes punctuality, since there's people like me, who are irritated by the disruption of the class, and being punctual is to respect not only the teacher but the people practicing as well.... his knowledge of yoga is vast, one of the best teachers I've had if not the best (and I've been practicing yoga for 14 years).

I would definitely recommend Natura Cabana and his instructor Kieran for a full experience in yoga!

Llesyri.

Visited December 2012
California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yoga”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I really enjoy the yoga instructor at Natura Cabana. I have found him extremely helpful in developing my practice. His knowledge and outlook on teaching is fresh and has the ability to expand the beginner, intermediate and experienced yogis' practice.

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful place, rough yoga instructor.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Coming all the way from Santa Barbara, California, my primary reason for coming to the DR was for writing, relaxation, and fitness. Yoga, an integral part of this, is offered next door to where I stay.

I respect Kieren, their yoga instructor's knowledge of the practice of yoga, but I found him rude and insensitive; teaching without heart centeredness.

Repeatedly, I noticed him being strict on punctuality, and quick to scold his clients.

I paid what I felt was a high premium in the DR for his classes.

One time I bought one week. Kieren canceled part of that week b/c he was sick, but wouldn't refund or even credit me anything for this. Clearly he is not in yoga to be of selfless service.

I wish Kieren the best, but I hope there is a choice of instructors at Natura Cabana next time I come to visit.

-Cindy White