“Best yoga on the north coast”
Review of CabareteYoga

CabareteYoga
Ranked #6 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Cabarete
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga classes for the Cabarete/Sosua area with Kieran Barry, a top-class instructor from the UK held in a fantastic open-air studio, just yards from the beach in Natura Cabana eco-hotel.The teacher is trained in the Anusara and Vinyasa Flow traditions of yoga, teaches a very skillfully designed class to help all level of yoga practioners, from complete beginners to advanced incorporating precise alignment instructions whilst also managing to keep up a good tempo that makes for a good cardio-vascular workout. He is also well versed in meditation and Buddhism (over 20 years experience) and manages to include the fundamentals of these teachings into his classes so that they are beneficial not just for the body but will also help to bring awareness to your minds and hearts.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best yoga on the north coast”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I live in perla marina since many years an enjoy the yoga classes at natura cabana very much. Kieran is a great teacher, the atmosphere is ideal - listening to the ocean and the jungle. Classes are always different, and most important, they make you feel great!!! I have learned to breath more. My surfing has improved due to the yoga classes, which make my core strong! I am super happy and grateful to have such a great opportunity close to home with such a fantastic teacher.

Visited January 2013

Hamburg, Germany
“Premium yoga class”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My intention in my last summer vacation was to do yoga at least twice a week, better three times... I got suprised by an exzellent yoga teacher and ended up doing yoga twice a day! :-) Kieran provides an enormous variety of different yoga positions, with different levels depending if you are beginner or experienced yogi. He
understands perfectly to support or push in the right moment and helps finding the personal limit.
After three weeks of yoga holidays I had muscles built up where I did not even know I have some, was walking straight with shoulders down and was perfectly relaxed.
Thanks Kieran!

Moscow, Russia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Here I felt the that yoga is a force!!!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was lucky to come to the Dominican Republic for some months :)), and at home, I decided that I would do or what sport. Arrived at Pearl Marina, showed me the neighborhood and said that right on the ocean and do yoga! Yoga, I always wanted to do, but ..... :(
And now, the dream has come true! and I do not regret it for a second!;)
Many thanks to our coach Kieran, he was very attentive to every person who comes in his class, all accounts, all the shows, corrects, and even makes smile .... Things to English, and English is my wish to be ..... much much much better, and even I do not understand, well, if not clear, correct me!!!
And, here I was doing two months, every day, except Sunday, that day, as if I lose a week . :)
I'm afraid to go home, as I do without yoga by the ocean!!
People of the world, join us here, Natura Cabana Hotel | Paseo Del Sol 5, Perla Marina, Cabarete 001001, Dominican Republic!!! ;)

Visited November 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cabarete Yoga at Natura Cabana”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

After my 1st class, I signed up for a full month of yoga at Natura Cabana. This class is both for beginners and experienced yogis. It is clear tome that Kieran has a deep understanding and embodiment of yoga, and in guiding us through the poses he brought forth many distinctions that really expanded my body-mind awareness. His continual reminders to relax and open to a deeper understanding of ourselves was very inspiring. I also had L knee and foot pain diminish and disappear after my month with Kieran.

Visited December 2012