“Don't even think of staying anywhere but here......”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LG Surf Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabarete
LG Surf Camp
Plantation, Florida, United States
“Don't even think of staying anywhere but here......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I could not have asked for a better vacation! It was my first time to Cabarete and my first time travelling by myself. Let me start by saying the place is gorgeous....it is modern and clean, the views are breathtaking, it is so comfortable you feel like you are at your own place. The location is fantastic. Obviously being right off the beach is incredible, but there is much more that is great about the location....it is a quick ride to the surf beach, you can walk to the bars, the supermarket, shopping, and restaurants.

Luciano was a wonderful host. He makes you feel at home and his love for the area and ocean is infectious. He is very helpful in setting up any activities you want to do and is always willing to make suggestions for things to do or places to go.

I went for surfing and Luciano was very patient and had a great way of teaching even a first time surfer. I also did a little stand up paddling down a river to La Boca where there is amazing views and the best pina colada I have ever had. I would definitively recommend doing some kite boarding...I plan on going back again for some kite board lessons from Luciano.

I checked out a lot of the surf camps and hotels prior to choosing LG Surf Camp and I am absolutely positive I made the best choice by far. Trust me, this is the place you want to be at...it will be everything you want out of your vacation and more!!! The only thing that will cause u any disappointment is leaving this amazing place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is an amazing place to stay and learn to surf! The penthouse is absolutely gorgeous. It is so bright, sunny, breezy, and impeccable clean. Every night we fell asleep to the sound of the waves and an ocean breeze. Luciano is a wonderful host, he is the most hands-on proprietor I've ever encountered. He will do everything he can to make sure you are having fun, and you are as happy and comfortable as you can be. We stayed for 1 week, surfed every day (sometimes twice a day). LG is a super helpful instinctual teacher. Teaching seems to come naturally to him, he is immediately able to point out the things you are doing wrong, and how you can fix those things, and he's the first guy to applaud you when you finally get it! Super fun, supportive surf teacher. The food that is cooked by Vicky everyday is also amazing, and she is a lovely, sweet lady. Best eggs I've eaten in years, as we'll as rich strong Dominican coffee.
Town is nearby, with plenty of beachfront spots to have cheap beers and mojitos. Also fun (and safe) places to go out dancing at night (if you have any energy left after surfing all day!)
I highly recommend LG's, everything about our trip was wonderful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My vacation was fantastic! Total awesomeness! The LG Surf Camp vacation experience exceeded my every expectation. It was SO much better than any hotel or all inclusive hotel - hands down, no question. I absolutely loved the private beachfront penthouse! I chose surfing in the morning and Kitesurfing in the afternoon - and I couldn't be more happy! The ladies that come every morning to cook a hot breakfast and clean up, are only out done when they arrive most evenings to cook up a local flavor favorite for dinner! Thank you Vicky & Nansi! But what really, really made this vacation extra special was the un-ending hospitality of such a gracious host - Luciano Gonzales! He is a true local legend and professional world tour athlete. Luciano is BOTH the BEST INSTRUCTOR in the world AND the BEST HOST EVER! Thank you SO SO MUCH LUCIANO!!! The weather is awesome all year round for Kitesurfing in Cabarete. I am SO addicted to kitesurfing now! GO SURF! GO SUP! GO KITE! All in 1 Spot! Simply paradise. I didn’t want to leave. I can’t wait to go back! Thanks again LG!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was my 3rd time to Cabarete to surf...what a great place to come to paddle your arms off and then relax. Having taken lessons with Luciano during my first trip, I was eager to stay at his camp for the first time. Location, equipment and instruction truly make all the difference. There's really no need to go into detail about the accomodations or amenities of the camp - it's awesome as are the people who work there. Being right on the beach is great as the ocean breeze keeps you cool even in the hot weather, and it's a pretty easy walk to local restaurants.

What really made the difference for me this time was having great equipment to use (no fighting for for a decent board once you've progressed past the soft boards) and surfing with a highly respected local makes you feel more confident.

If you're going to Cabarete to surf, regardless of your level, this place is where you want to be for the best equipment, accomodations and instruction.

• Stayed May 2013
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife, 9 and 5 year old, and myself just got back from Cabarete.We enjoyed ourselves immensely. Luciano was extremely accommodating during the entire vacation. He spent a lot of time communicating with me before our arrival to make sure I was comfortable with bringing my family to be taught by him and the conditions of the surf spot. He is an excellent teacher and an all around great guy. He was patient with my wife and 9 year old daughter and built up their confidence in the water and more importantly made it a fun experience. They looked forward to each session and didn't want to stop surfing! For myself, he took my surfing to a higher level as he could quickly see where I needed help. We would all highly recommend his instruction as well as his beautiful surf camp. His place is modern, clean, and situated on a beautiful beach and his surf equipment is top notch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I must say, it was my first time in the Caribbean so I didn't really know what to expect.
But I was immediately relieved when I arrived at the penthouse, seeing the beach and hearing the sound of the sea in a comfortable couch, with a little drink. I shared a room there with a couple of friends.
Then, Luciano took care of everything, from the kite lessons to the bars in Cabarate, always the good words to make the moment special !
It was definitely a good week, I would happily recommend this place.
And don't forget to ask for "the bodega", it's a must try !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The area is amazing and we felt safe the whole time.. There are so many activities to do so you will not get board like you will at some of the bigger and more well known places. Our whole trip was filled with non stop fun and I wish we would have stayed longer. We're already planning our next trip and will probably stay a whole week next time.. Kiteboarding is probably my new favorite sport! Luciano also gave us surf lessons and had us riding the waves in no time. He is patient, knows what he is talking about and will move at your pace. His place is also amazing and has beautiful views of the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple